PDA

View Full Version : Triplehead2Go Digital advise needed....

Warrant
December 22nd, 2008, 15:38
My friends, i decided to treat myself with a Triplehead2Go Digital for Christmas.
I'm gonna plug 3 22 inch monitors to it and 2 x 8800 GT (1GB memory each) in SLI configurations are to feed the monster with all that nice stuff to display.

My question to you is:

Anyone having experiences with this kind of config/hardware?

How will it show my regular desktop?, Icons?, Background?

Once installed, what to activate/set for FSX?

I have a general idea (otherwise i would not have purchased the thing), but i like to know of your opinions, hints, tips and things i did not think off yet :jump:.

hey_moe
December 22nd, 2008, 15:54
All it will need is one card and it only one DVI connection in the back of the box and three in the front. When you go into your conrol panel it will give you the op. for going to 3072x768 or 3840x1024. Once you select which one it will light up all three monitors. You can also download the new drivers for the box and it will auto do it for you. When you start FSX it will show a nice wide shot of your plane and area you are flying in...Mike

hey_moe
December 22nd, 2008, 16:09
I can tell ya one thing....once you go to a triple monitor set up you will never go back to a single.

Warrant
December 22nd, 2008, 16:52
Thanks for your thoughts and experiences Moe :ernae:

Impressive pic's there :medals:

This and what i already seen on youtube and such pulled me over the line.
The only thing that worries me is how's the rest of Vista doing on such a wide screen.

Desktop, watching movies, working with MS Office and such.......

hey_moe
December 22nd, 2008, 17:04
I am using both Vista 64 and Vista 32 bit with not one problem so far. Be prepared to see a slow down in FSX when you are running all three monitors.

DaveKDEN
December 22nd, 2008, 17:49
That second shot is wonderful Moe!

Flork
December 22nd, 2008, 19:38
I love the TH2Go. I run 3 19" displays on significantly less horsepower, 2 7900 GS cards in SLI. You need to change your FSX.cfg to read WideAspect=True. After TH2Go is installed you will be able to change your desktop and FSX resolutions to cover all 3 monitors. I have mine magnified with Fresnel lenses, very cool effect!