PDA

View Full Version : My Latest Ride

falcon409
March 12th, 2012, 11:43
Kazunori Ito creates some interesting aircraft and this Accord is no exception. I've tweaked beyond the limits set by his readme so it can't be released, but if you only saw the "day-glo" scheme it came with, you can go beyond that with just a little work. The textures are 2048x2048 and saved as dds. The VC has been enhanced as well and the gauges sharpened just a bit by changing the resolution in the panel.cfg file from 512,512s to 1024,1024s. I also set them into hard edge circles to hide the pixelated edges, that helped a lot as well. His textures are very easy to paint and I worked up a new layered paint kit to get the lines and rivets the way I wanted them.

Sascha66
March 12th, 2012, 12:57
Kazunori Ito creates some interesting aircraft and this Accord is no exception. I've tweaked beyond the limits set by his readme so it can't be released, but if you only saw the "day-glo" scheme it came with, you can go beyond that with just a little work. The textures are 2048x2048 and saved as dds. The VC has been enhanced as well and the gauges sharpened just a bit by changing the resolution in the panel.cfg file from 512,512s to 1024,1024s. I also set them into hard edge circles to hide the pixelated edges, that helped a lot as well. His textures are very easy to paint and I worked up a new layered paint kit to get the lines and rivets the way I wanted them.

This is certainly an interesting plane, and your modifications have really teased the best from her!

mikezola
March 12th, 2012, 15:19
That's looking pretty sweet- nice job!