PDA

View Full Version : Ito's Avia Accord 201

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 11:35
This one seems to have gone unnoticed or unwanted, not sure which. Usually there's at least a little commotion when he releases a new model (adjusting the FDE, new liveries posted and such). The Accord has been pretty much ignored and yet it's a really nice little airplane. I haven't quite figured out a good soundset yet, but I'm working on that. I've redone the panel and added a new livery, but unfortunately the prop is (as usual) a problem as it knocks out any autogen or clouds behind it. That doesn't bother me really because I don't spend a lot off time admiring the outside of the airplane in flight anyway. The FDE is something I know nothing about and while this one seems ok it is overpowered. The specs call for a cruise of about 135kts. . .this baby will do 200 easy, lol. That's great for me, I'd rather have the 200. It's very quick on take-off (again, I like that) and quite easy to fly and very maneuverable in the air. Landing speed seems to be right around 80kts. Anything lower than that and it seems to drop too quickly. Nice plane overall and I like the general "looks" of it.

Sascha66
March 11th, 2012, 11:41
This one seems to have gone unnoticed or unwanted, not sure which. Usually there's at least a little commotion when he releases a new model (adjusting the FDE, new liveries posted and such). The Accord has been pretty much ignored and yet it's a really nice little airplane. I haven't quite figured out a good soundset yet, but I'm working on that. I've redone the panel and added a new livery, but unfortunately the prop is (as usual) a problem as it knocks out any autogen or clouds behind it. That doesn't bother me really because I don't spend a lot off time admiring the outside of the airplane in flight anyway. The FDE is something I know nothing about and while this one seems ok it is overpowered. The specs call for a cruise of about 135kts. . .this baby will do 200 easy, lol. That's great for me, I'd rather have the 200. It's very quick on take-off (again, I like that) and quite easy to fly and very maneuverable in the air. Landing speed seems to be right around 80kts. Anything lower than that and it seems to drop too quickly. Nice plane overall and I like the general "looks" of it.

This is a real improvement to the rather psychedelic default paintjob, the panel also looks much better, Falcon409.

Would you consider sharing your effort and uploading these here if Ito-san doesn't mind?

Regards.
Xander

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 11:59
This is a real improvement to the rather psychedelic default paintjob, the panel also looks much better, Falcon409.

Would you consider sharing your effort and uploading these here if Ito-san doesn't mind?

Regards.
Xander
Unfortunately, because of the restrictions Ito puts on his models about the only thing I can release is the paint kit I produced. His wishes are that no adjustments be made to the panel and that all textures be kept at 256, neither of which I have done obviously. I can't see reproducing anything any more in 256 colors, that's just too out of date for FSX and very poor quality. As for the panel, it's just a normal process for me that I redo his panels to update them and get better resolution. I have released some in the past, but I'm not going to any more, sorry.:salute:

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 12:04
Forgot to add this to the original post:
http://avialtd.ru/eng/accord2001/features/

Sascha66
March 11th, 2012, 12:25
Unfortunately, because of the restrictions Ito puts on his models about the only thing I can release is the paint kit I produced. His wishes are that no adjustments be made to the panel and that all textures be kept at 256, neither of which I have done obviously. I can't see reproducing anything any more in 256 colors, that's just too out of date for FSX and very poor quality. As for the panel, it's just a normal process for me that I redo his panels to update them and get better resolution. I have released some in the past, but I'm not going to any more, sorry.:salute:

Too bad, thanks all the same :salute:

mikezola
March 11th, 2012, 13:52
Hello, Ed-

I downloaded this plane after your initial heads-up and I was pretty pleased with it myself. I noted that you were thinking about repainting it, and looked around for some photos- found a bunch, but not much that I thought gave enough info to do a good paint job...

To me, what I noticed the most about this offering from Ito-San is how much one didn't have to do with it compared to much of his previous work. First, the FDE- the only thing that I found that seemed obviously out of order was the top speed, as you noted- other than that (and tweaking the contact points), its behavior seemed perfectly reasonable (I'll grant you that I have no idea of how it's really supposed to fly, other than those specs). I don't remember the last one of his piston aircraft that wasn't configured for a turboprop! Then there's the VC- seems to me to be one of the better ones he's done, when he's done them...

I guess all I'm saying is that, possibly, the lukewarm reception is because 1) few have probably ever heard of this type of aircraft- I didn't, and 2) she needs much less tweaking to make her a nice flyer than most of his planes have... two good reasons for me to enjoy this plane as you do, and to continue to look forward for his next project...

Mike Z.

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 14:53
Yep, you're probably right Mike, it doesn't really require much other than maybe a new paint job to enjoy it. What sound file are you using? I've bounced around from several now so I have no idea what one I'm using, lol. One other noticeable oddity is the engine sounds, specifically when throttling back slowly there's no difference in the sound until you're almost at idle and then engine shutdown. . . .it just shuts down, lol, there's no slow down at all. Is that a function of the soundfiles or is that something that's done via the airfile/cfg file?

mikezola
March 12th, 2012, 13:14
Ed,

I couldn't give you specifics, but I suspect that the sound issue you describe might have a little to do with some of the engine specs in the .air and .cfg files...

As far as sound files, I noticed that Ito-San aliased the sound to the C182. So what I did was copy the C182 sound folder into the Accord's folder, then made a twin-engine sound.cfg using those sounds(the C182's engine is a 230 hp Lycoming, so I figured I would stick with that to start). One thing I did notice is that now the pitch of the engines does change more with throttle position. The sound otherwise seems passable to me at this point, but I may try the same thing with a different aircraft and try applying that...

Mike Z.

falcon409
March 12th, 2012, 15:28
Ed,

I couldn't give you specifics, but I suspect that the sound issue you describe might have a little to do with some of the engine specs in the .air and .cfg files...

As far as sound files, I noticed that Ito-San aliased the sound to the C182. So what I did was copy the C182 sound folder into the Accord's folder, then made a twin-engine sound.cfg using those sounds(the C182's engine is a 230 hp Lycoming, so I figured I would stick with that to start). One thing I did notice is that now the pitch of the engines does change more with throttle position. The sound otherwise seems passable to me at this point, but I may try the same thing with a different aircraft and try applying that...

Mike Z.
Let me know how that comes along Mike. I'm ok with what I have but the moderating engine sounds just add a bit more realism to it. Thanks for taking a look at it.:salute:

napamule
March 12th, 2012, 21:29
Just a heads up: I posted (zip file) FDEs for the Accord201 for FS9 and FSX (both Piston and Turbo-Prop) over at fs9 forum ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?63955-Kaz-Ito-s-got-another-one-out!&p=692545&viewfull=1#post692545. Just in case you fsx'ers don't ck fs9 forum. Now I am off to work on his latest:the 'BP P100'. Yikes.
Chuck B
Napamule

falcon409
March 12th, 2012, 21:55
Just a heads up: I posted (zip file) FDEs for the Accord201 for FS9 and FSX (both Piston and Turbo-Prop) over at fs9 forum ( http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?63955-Kaz-Ito-s-got-another-one-out!&p=692545&viewfull=1#post692545 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?63955-Kaz-Ito-s-got-another-one-out%21&p=692545&viewfull=1#post692545). Just in case you fsx'ers don't ck fs9 forum. Now I am off to work on his latest:the 'BP P100'. Yikes.
Chuck B
Napamule
Outstanding Chuck, yea I've been flip-flopping all evening from FSX to FS9 checking posts to see what folks have come up with for the 201. Many thanks for your work. . .I do appreciate it.:salute::applause:

falcon409
March 12th, 2012, 22:19
Gotta hit the sack. . .BUT. . .I'm just sayin' if I go with the Turbo version, I'm gonna need an ASI with more numbers on it, lol.:sleep:

napamule
March 13th, 2012, 06:28
I have an 'Ap' for that: 'Shift+Z' (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule

falcon409
March 13th, 2012, 09:57
I have an 'Ap' for that: 'Shift+Z' (hehe).
Chuck B
Napamule
Ha, ha. . .yep, that works too. . .thanks again, nice job!!

dandog
March 16th, 2012, 20:07
Falcon,

What programs do I need to be a gauge replacer like you? Love the Accord, hate the gauges. Would love to update it!

Daniel

falcon409
March 16th, 2012, 21:44
Falcon,
What programs do I need to be a gauge replacer like you? Love the Accord, hate the gauges. Would love to update it!
Daniel
I use FSPanel Studio. It's one of those utilities that becomes very addictive once you've used it a few times, lol. I've lost track of how many panels I've either completely redone or just replaced a few gauges in since I bought it. I haven't been to their website in a long time, but I believe they have a demo version that you can download and try. I don't think you can save anything with it, but it will show you just how easy it is to swap out gauges or even build your own (I've never used it for that though).:salute:

dandog
March 17th, 2012, 11:22
Thanks Falcon409,

Gonna give it a try. Hopefully I won't wind up on methadone.