PDA

View Full Version : PC Aviator just ripped me off

Bone
March 11th, 2012, 11:15
I bought the ContrailsPro addon from PC Aviator today. Normally it's $14.95, but it's on sale for $8.97. I got the DL and registration key, installed it and then fired up FSX. I click to enable it from the addons menu, and it tells me it's a Free Demo version that will only work for ten minutes, and after that I have to go buy the Flight1 wrapper for $14.95. So, I say to myself "surely this can't be". Alright, I fly for ten minutes with some nice contrails and then FSX stops working with an accompanying *ding*, and I get the little pop up window telling me my sesssion with ContrailsPro is over, and if I want more I have to go buy the wrapper. To add insult to injury, I had to shut down FSX and reboot it because the ContrailsPro program pretty much kills FSX. You can go back to the start menu and hit Fly Now, but it won't work because FSX is locked up internally by the Contrails program.

To the powers that be at PC Aviator, I just want to say you're a sorry **** ** **** for selling what is supposed to be a Free Demo. Granted it's only $8.97, which is chump change, but you're a sorry **** for doing it anyway.

Bone
March 11th, 2012, 11:20
...and they're selling the Iris F-15 Eagle ($29.95) and F-20 Tigershark ($36.99)...both of which are freeware.

thefrog
March 11th, 2012, 11:22
I bought the ContrailsPro addon from PC Aviator today. Normally it's $14.95, but it's on sale for $8.97. I got the DL and registration key, installed it and then fired up FSX. I click to enable it from the addons menu, and it tells me it's a Free Demo version that will only work for ten minutes, and after that I have to go buy the Flight1 wrapper for $14.95. So, I say to myself "surely this can't be". Alright, I fly for ten minutes with some nice contrails and then FSX stops working with an accompanying *ding*, and I get the little pop up window telling me my sesssion with ContrailsPro is over, and if I want more I have to go buy the wrapper. To add insult to injury, I had to shut down FSX and reboot it because the ContrailsPro program pretty much kills FSX. You can go back to the start menu and hit Fly Now, but it won't work because FSX is locked up internally by the Contrails program.

To the powers that be at PC Aviator, I just want to say you're a sorry **** ** **** for selling what is supposed to be a Free Demo. Granted it's only $8.97, which is chump change, but you're a sorry **** ** **** for doing it anyway. Eff U.

Can't you complain to them directly?
Regards
frog

Bone
March 11th, 2012, 11:24
.....they're also selling the old FS9/FSX sp1 F-14 Tomcat ($29.95) too, which is freeware.

jpmes
March 11th, 2012, 11:26
I've bought quite a few addons from PC Aviator over the years and never had any problems. Before insulting them on a public forum, you could have sent them an e-mail asking for explanations.

Jean-Paul

Bone
March 11th, 2012, 11:27
Can't you complain to them directly?
Regards
frog

Well of course I can, and I'm doing that. However, I posted here so someone else doesn't waste their cash on this. I'm venting, too, and if that's a problem for anyone, well, I'm not in the mood to be told to bugger off about it.

I've bought quite a few addons from PC Aviator over the years and never had any problems. Before insulting them on a public forum, you could have sent them an e-mail asking for explanations.

Jean-Paul

Sascha66
March 11th, 2012, 11:37
.. been there myself!

Tough luck - I think selling freeware for steep prices is really low.

But other stores do it - e.g. flightsimstore.com sells the Aeroplane Heaven freeware stuff, and it's been freeware for years now!

Bought a WWII Fighter P-47 from one shop (which I will not name here because I am usually a satisfied customer) and it was only a single razorback model - the screenshots and description however at more than a dozen models including many P-47D bubble canopied ones.

Took it up with them and with A2A, they said everything was allright and Ididn't get a refund, however A2A asked them to change the screenshots - so far they have not complied...

Anyway these days, I ALWAYS check all over the web to make sure I am not getting rolled :173go1:

Roger
March 11th, 2012, 11:39
Whilst understanding your frustration Bone, we can't have this sort of language in a forum also frequented by youngsters and ladies. For now I'm going to close the thread and I have e-mailed PC Aviator myself. I'm looking to resolve your issue and hopefully the errors will be corrected.
I am going to edit the profanity but not the message.

Roger.