PDA

View Full Version : can i just share something frustrating?

Daveroo
March 11th, 2012, 09:59
dont get me wrong...i love my cat..shes my best lil buddy,my companion...my bedmate on cold winter nights..( im single,fat n ugly,not on the dating hunt anymore)shes 16 years old....she was my ex fiance's daughters cat,,,,but the cat hated everyone in that family...the son,,he would pick her up and put her head in a moving cieling fan ( no i didnt witness this,or id more than likely be in prison now),the girl who was 9 at the time,only wanted to "play" with the cat when the girl felt like it,,otherwise ignored the cat and would throw her (the cat) across the room to make her stop rubbing on her,,my ex fiance,would grab the cat at night,because the cat had a habit of sleeping on the pillow behind my head,dana would grab the cat and throw her against the far wall because the purring irritated her,,,,alcohol does nasty things,,the other thing is..dana brought the cat home at 6 days old or less...eyes were not open..and it couldnt potty on its own..i had to feed her with a eyedropped thing,and use a damp q-tip to make her potty,,mother cats will lick theyre young to teach them,,,seems odd but its true acording to the vet who wanted to put her "asleep" at 8 days old...when dana and i broke up...she wanted the cat..but the cat hid from them and refused to eat..when id come over to get items i owned..or do paperwork..the cat would come running..so dana told me to take the cat while the daughter was at school...i brought her home...had her in the garage with me..(where i lived,in the garage) and my mom took out the garbage,left the door open and haley sprinted out,,,ran away..i figured she was gone for good...but at 4 am she was yowling at the side door ....she has not left this yard on her own since...

the thing is....i live in a small (30 ft 5th wheel) RV only place i could find to put her litter box was in the bedroom....i keep it very clean..and thats what this is about....i clean it when i get up in the morning,and before bed at night.....but this little fart of a cat waits...this is EVERY NIGHT mind you....until i empty the box in the evening,,then usually while im still sittin on the foot of the bed....she poops...and then looks at me like...thank you slave..you may now clean it AGAIN......and she saunters off and hits the catnip pouch hard.......the little stoner.....i swear its so agravating.....she sits there and waits..watches...then when its clean...BAM!!

Ferry_vO
March 11th, 2012, 10:44
Most cats seem to do that, must be a territorial thing.

Odie
March 11th, 2012, 10:57
Daveroo, Raztus, my 4-legged child of 4 years, does the same thing. At the very least, if it's a fresh box he'll trot over to it, climb in, and dig around. Must be a cat-thing.

In fact, when we're dumping it and cleaning the residual out, he'll come out of another room and watch just to see what's going on. They are funny little creatures.

rhumbaflappy
March 11th, 2012, 11:31
My old cat Shep was a liar.

He'd go to the door to tell me he had to go out! When I'd get near the door, he'd run to his food dish... it was empty. He knew I might not rush to feed him, but I would get up to let him go out and pee.

He's been gone for 6 years now, and I hope he was reincarnated as a doorman.

Dick

napamule
March 11th, 2012, 11:37
To her you are her 'mother' (ingrained from when young). Maybe? At any rate, cats let YOU live in THEIR territory, not the other way around. She is unable to remember who went 'potty' 1 minute ago. So she assumes it must of been you, and then proceeds to 'mark' her 'territory' to cover your mark with hers. Perfectly normal behavior (for a cat).
Chuck B
Napamule
PS: Wonder what would happen if you DID go on top of her 'marking'? Yikes.

ThinkingManNeil
March 11th, 2012, 12:23
We had a male Siamese who, when he started to get on in years, took to peeing in shoes and slippers around the apartment and then finally lost control of his bladder completely so, sadly, we finally had to put him down which broke my mom's heart (my mom's 85 and I'm her primary caregiver). We've a mature female tabby now and a very frisky year old calico. I wouldn't mind having a dog but I'm very allergic to them.

One thing that helped us in the litter box department was to make it a big one. We bought a large, plastic storage container at Wal-Mart (32"L x 18"W x !7"D), cut out a cat-sized opening in one side side about six inches up from the bottom and towards one end of the box and filled it with litter to an level depth of about four inches. The deep litter allows them to dig and bury easily without reaching the plastic bottom, thus producing easier to remove clumps and not wet puddles on the bottom, and the high walls of the box keep the litter in while they paw and eliminates any chance of urine being sprayed outside the box. We sat the box on its original plastic lid to catch any litter that might inadvertently come out of the opening. I completely change out the old litter for fresh about every two months, but add litter in between change outs to maintain depth and freshness..

N.

mikezola
March 11th, 2012, 13:05
Napamule is absolutely correct- we are here on Earth for the benefit of our cats, NOT the other way around... If they could talk, they would tell you so (to some extent, they already do)...

My dearly departed, beloved Pepper acted in the same way about her litter box- no matter what I did, she would stand there and 'supervise', then re-arrange the contents to suit her after I was done. She even lorded over my girlfriend, walking right over her to curl up on my chest when my girlfriend and I would snuggle on the couch. Once Pepper was comfy on my chest, she would cast a backward glance at the girlfriend as if to show her just who the lady of the house really was...

Mike Z.

Daveroo
March 11th, 2012, 14:59
Napamule is absolutely correct- we are here on Earth for the benefit of our cats, NOT the other way around... If they could talk, they would tell you so (to some extent, they already do)...

My dearly departed, beloved Pepper acted in the same way about her litter box- no matter what I did, she would stand there and 'supervise', then re-arrange the contents to suit her after I was done. She even lorded over my girlfriend, walking right over her to curl up on my chest when my girlfriend and I would snuggle on the couch. Once Pepper was comfy on my chest, she would cast a backward glance at the girlfriend as if to show her just who the lady of the house really was...

Mike Z.

lol...haley wont even let me have "visitors"....last time she ran my friend from the rv screaming...."that cat is possessed".....then she wouldnt take my calls anymore....oh well......

did i say i love my cat???