PDA

View Full Version : Help

weeebbz
March 11th, 2012, 06:32
recently i have had issuse with my FSX after a repair uninstall and reinstall im lost has anyone ever seen this and whats the FIX

glennc
March 11th, 2012, 07:39
Only a guess, but it looks like the screen has been magnetized. If your monitor has a Degauss option, try that. I saw something like that several years ago where someone placed a magnet toy on the monitor.

Hope that helps,

Glenn

AckAck
March 11th, 2012, 09:26
Although it sure looks like one, I wouldn't think you would be able to get a screencapture of a gaussing issue?

That said, I have no idea what it could be - looks like a sky or cloud texture was corrupted.

wallyboard
March 11th, 2012, 11:56
Reminds me of the Aurora Borealis effects.

Shylock
March 11th, 2012, 18:16
Swamp Gas maybe....

roger-wilco-66
March 12th, 2012, 04:36
It also looks like a corrupted texture to me, but maybe you can give us a few more infos. Do you use DX10 preview, bloom, shaders or something like that?
Maybe your shader cache is corrupted. Weird things happen when it is. If so, try rebuilding it, see:

http://fsxtimes.wordpress.com/2011/07/11/clean-up-shader-cache/

Cheers,
Mark

weeebbz
March 13th, 2012, 09:56
no i dont use any of that my here are some more photos of some of the issues

CodyValkyrie
March 13th, 2012, 10:25
That looks like one of two things....

1) Your textures are messed up.

Or, in my opinion, the more likely of the two options...

2) Your video card is overheating or going out.

This is a form of artifacting, a term associated with video cards going out or overheating. I doubt it is the texture issue since when textures in FSX are corrupt, they generally render a specific color. I had the former happen not long ago, which unfortunately resulted in me having to purchase another hard drive. The latter I have also had happen, and it looks generally like what I see in the pictures.

Others are welcome to add their thoughts.

If you have a spare video card laying around, you might want to throw it in there just to see the results and confirm the issue.