PDA

View Full Version : MoCat's Movie Maker Studio & Tours

MorrisTheCat
December 22nd, 2008, 14:14
Hello to All! :wavey:

As I write this, Movie Maker's Studio & Tours; Set 1, is being uploaded here at Sim Outhouse. I'm releasing here first and will release on Wednessday at Avsim. Please do not upload to other sites, I'll take care of that!

Anyway welcome to "Movie Maker's Studio & Tours"

The scenery includes over 100 custom Gmax models with custom textures and night lighting complied with the FSX SDK and in .dds format. So most reports have been favorable on frame rate impact. In addition, I've developed a number of custom effects. This is my first attempt at a painted background (Landclass) which includes both day and night textures. Further, it blends real well with all seasonal textures.

Here's what you get.....

1. KWHP, Whiteman Airport, Los Angeles, CA. This is the home of "Movie Maker Studios (MMS)". The airport has been customized with MMS hangars, terminals, and studio.

2. KTLR, Mefford Field Airport, Tulare, CA. which is the support base for the movie set at Eckert Field.

3. 1Q1 - Eckert Field Airport Strathmore, CA. which has been retro-fit to be a World War 1 movie set. It includes British, French and US air support areas, dirt runway and taxiways, and much much more....

4. Repaints for Flying the MMS aircraft....

5. AI - I've included instructions for adding time period AI aircraft as well as a traffic file for the transportation of the elite movie stars from LA to Strathmore.....Some people just have to fly to work in a Lear.

Here's some screen shots.....If you want more information there is another thread here at Sim Outhouse

Happy Holiday,
Chris "MoCat" Carel

Daube
December 22nd, 2008, 14:43
Looks good !
That reminds me I have still to download your previous seaplanes pack. I'm spending too much time flying the snowdogs tour fields :costumes:

CodyValkyrie
December 22nd, 2008, 15:06
A videographers dream come true.... Thanks MoCat!

Epsillon
December 22nd, 2008, 19:02
:applause::applause::applause:

Roger
December 23rd, 2008, 04:10
Great stuff Mo!:applause:

Cazzie
December 23rd, 2008, 04:12
Waiting patiently Mo, that's some fine looking scenery. :applause:

Where did you get the Nieuport 17?

Edit: Just downloaded Mo, gonna install and try it out with one of Stuart's wonders. Again Where did you get the Ni. 17?

Caz

MorrisTheCat
December 23rd, 2008, 05:47
The a/c is from Dog Fight by Ron Jeffers and company available at Abacus. I think it was 29.99. I didn't really care for the missions or the dog fight play, but the A/C and airship are great to fly...

Enjoy and Happy Holidays

MoCat

Cazzie
December 23rd, 2008, 09:32
Dawn patrol in Stuart's Snipe.

Lovely scenery Mo! :ernae::ernae:

Caz

MorrisTheCat
December 23rd, 2008, 09:45
Like that do ya! How's the impact on your frame rate? I thought the night textures for the ground came out well, that's my first attempt at painting the ground....

Next, package.......WWII Pacific Theater.....in Hawaii!

Regards,

MoCat