PDA

View Full Version : LHC Avelina (our newest plane) is on sale

Lionheart
March 10th, 2012, 11:00
Hey all,

For those that hold out for sales, we have the Avelina up at half price.

SimMarket in Europe.....................9.99 Euros
FlightSimStore in Australia............13.50 AUD
LHC PayLoadz USA......................14.00 USD

Now is your chance at 50% off.

This is a pretty heavy package with alot of new gadgetry, tons of sound effects and various dings and alarms, button 'tone' sounds, etc. It is 'crazy radical'.

And! Fun to fly. She is not difficult on the controls, cruises along nicely at 175 knots.

<tbody>

<tbody>

Features built into the Avelina model packs are;

High graphics LCD touch interface PFD and MFD computer system
Wing animations; G-load flexing as well as flight vibration
Extreme amount of interior animations, from opening storage nooks and drink cup covers to deploying rear seat joystick, to fold down rear seat computer interface screen for rear passengers entertainment, fold down rear tables, etc, etc
Deploying foot steps when doors open
Unique sound pack that features the whine or whir of the Negev aircooled motors to the muffled mini APU jet recharger
Electric roll down windows featuring Apple ‘Alumino-Silica flexible super lightweight non-scratch glass for extreme sound cancellation
‘Whisper’ prop with carbonfiber construction, this is a 6 bladed fan with very little mass that is built to be quiet, like its predessor from the DeHavilland ‘Whisper Jet’ series
Optional pilot loadout adjuster in the Settings section of the Kiosk; You have Male only, Female only, and Couple loadout modes.
7 Various LCD background themes (wallpapers) for the primary flight display screen
Total Time readout for logging your flight time on the Settings page in the Kiosk
Argon landing lights and LED taxi and NAV lights
Quick views for VC mode that include steering wheel, Kiosk, power center, and rear seat view points
Pitot auto-hide safety park system; the pitot tube retracts into the wing when powering down your ship
Deployable wing adhered solar arrays for the Solar-Hybrid version
Built in checklist system in Kiosk center
86 Page Pilots Manual jam packed with screenshots for quick learning and skimming
7 Paint Schemes or rather ‘themed color packages’ including wood veneer variations
GPS custom interface with fitted popup screens
Optional loadout custom Avelina flight luggage
Tie down mode when you shut down your flight
Flight speed warning ‘sounds’, color changing fonts, popup warning avatars
Precision speed dial throttle for 135, 175, and 200 knots cruise settings
Belly mounted metal landing skid for emergency belly landings
Featherable composite 6 bladed ‘Whisper’ prop
Hideable steering wheel and colum, adjustable/pivoting colum
Pull down adjustable sun visors
Nose gear features an aero foil fairing cover and rock guard shield
Rear mounted APU exhaust duct for low sound management
AC System features automatic drop down wing mounted intercoolers
Popup HUD mini LCD screen, has Chronometer, speed, bearing, altitude, OAT
Popup Emergency Aux Gauges; for power out emergencies, a 3 gauge popup pod slowly unlatches and raises up from the dash, non electric gauges
Hidden fuse/circuit breakers under forward dashboard wood trim strip
Automatic computer operated safeties include auto gear deploy when descending under 200 feet, auto gear raise when over 150 knots, windows auto-raise when over 120 knots, aux emergency gauge pod deploys when 100% power failure occurs
Digital instrumentation screens have 4 ‘tint/brightness’ settings
Low speed stall with flaps at 45 knots, 55 without flaps, feature speed alarm and custom stall alarm
APU Recharger will recharge batteries a percentage every 15 mins for added flight time on long journeys
Android Mode ‘Cruise Control’ system has dual selection systems; Quick Select/Lock, and ‘Set/Tune and Engage when ready’.
Steering wheel fitted with ‘all’ AP controls for controlling flight

<tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

</tbody>

If you would like something radically different to play with for a few weeks, you might check it out. Especially at half off.

http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Avelina

Bill

Killbilly
March 10th, 2012, 11:31
If you don't have this beauty yet, at half price this is a MUST buy. There is so much to explore and play with! It flies beautifully, and it's sleek and cool lines are stunning.

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/26/avelina.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/29/avelina.jpg/)

Also, the paintkit is fun and easy to use. You can get creative . . .

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/526/avelina3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577/avelina3.jpg/)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/86/avelina2.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/avelina2.jpg/)

I highly recommend it!

falcon409
March 10th, 2012, 12:11
lol, lol, Timing is everything, lol:banghead:

racartron
March 10th, 2012, 12:21
And another one bites the dust... Got's to hide my CC ...way too many great birds and things on sale.

One question thiough -- Do I still get the really long extension cord with the sale version?

Ferry_vO
March 10th, 2012, 12:53
Got mine earlier this evening, and I have to say it was a while since I was this pleasantly surprised by an aircraft! It really is a gadget in the best possible way; if you like ipads and smartphones you will like this!
Fun to fly and easy to use but still packed full of nifty 'toys'.

Also, the paintkit is fun and easy to use. You can get creative . . .

Is that paint available anywhere? Looks great!

racartron
March 10th, 2012, 15:03
If ya ever wanted to have an identy crisis, this baby will ablige:isadizzy: Just try climbing out of an A2A P-40(with Accu-Sim engaged) at the end of a tough mission and into this little beauty. Talk about a serious coping situation.

Thanks, Bill for yet another mind blowing addition to this awesome hobby/obsession.:applause:

UnknownGuest12
March 10th, 2012, 15:07
Downloading....this is a price I can afford...

Regards

Killbilly
March 10th, 2012, 15:37
Is that paint available anywhere? Looks great!

Itls in the library here. Search "Killbilly."

imn2sims
March 10th, 2012, 19:21
:jump:Thanks Bill, my Lionheart collection is now complete.:jump:.........for the moment anyway:icon_lol:

Steve

fsxar177
March 10th, 2012, 20:11
Go and get it!!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/fsxar177/purple1.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/fsxar177/purple2.jpg
http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb331/fsxar177/purple3.jpg

Lionheart
March 10th, 2012, 20:14
Hey guys,

To all of the new Ave pilots, be sure to read through the Manual. Its in PDF format in the Manual folder in the Avelina aircraft folder. At least paruse through the Instruments section and the auto pilot section. Those are musts.

The steering wheel can be immediately hidden, so if it annoys you, just hide it first thing. I made it to hide (lowered to 45%) so it should never be in the way.

Some basic notes;
* Green is active, blue is sleeping/off line. (All settings and AP systems show in blue. When one is turned on, such as HDG, it turns green).
* Magenta is 'locked' and white is not locked / not active. (Air speed, Altitude, Heading, VSI will be white. When AP is on, these turn Magenta).
* When in flight, and you decelerate through 85 knots, you will hear a 'ding'. This is the 'yellow' zone on your air speed zone (low speed). When you hit 55 knots and less, an alarm will sound. This is your 'red' speed zone. The 'stall alarm' is even 'cooler'. ;) You will need to set up full up (back) elevator trim and cut the motors for testing stall.
* Automatics handles by the flight computer are;
1. Gear retracts up when over 135 knots
2. Windows (if down) will raise at 120 knots+
3. When descending through 250 feet on down, if the gear is not deployed, the gear will extend automatically if the batteries have power
4. When passing through 7,000 feet, a ding occurs (special only for this) announcing auto cabin pressurization. It occurs again when descending through this altitude. You can adjust altitude atmosphere pressure in the AC system, top right.
5. When you turn on the AC system, small intercooler radiator boxes will deploy down on each wing, similar to the boxes on an Me-109 German fighter. The boxes raise back up when the AC is turned of.
* You have 3 choices of pilots and you can hide them as well
* On the settings page in the Kiosk, you can set up several different background color schemes on the main PFD instrument screen. One is yellow and goes well with the yellow interior/color scheme pack. Same with the red version wallpaper.

Have fun. Dont fry the motors by keeping them at full throttle. You can run them very low as they have high torque. She is overpowered for emergencies and climbouts. Cruise is high, so you should need little power for nice cruise speeds.

For some sim training, try setting up a flight with 2% fuel (voltage) and see what happens in the air. ;) She can be belly landed and will slide to a stop with gear up. The skid, built into the airframe on the belly will keep damage from occurring to the airframe (pressure shell) when touching down on a smooth or grassy surface. She can put down on water as well. Retract the intercoolers (turn off the AC) if belly landing.

All about fun and flying......

Bill

Lionheart
March 10th, 2012, 20:19
So.. In case you all havent noticed, she has an 'automotive' design theme that I styled her from on some of her lines, such as the nose of the cowling and the side windows. Does anyone know what car company they appear to look like?

:D

EMatheson
March 10th, 2012, 22:09
So.. In case you all havent noticed, she has an 'automotive' design theme that I styled her from on some of her lines, such as the nose of the cowling and the side windows. Does anyone know what car company they appear to look like?

:D
It's a BMW!

Milamber
March 11th, 2012, 01:45
It's a BMW!

No No Sir, she's a Rolls Royce. :icon_lol:

M.

Ferry_vO
March 11th, 2012, 03:01
No No Sir, she's a Rolls Royce. :icon_lol:

Well, it is a 'flying lady' for sure! (BTW Is that hood ornament on top of the nose?)

On the technical side she resembles a Fisker Karma, with the solar panels, 'range extender' engine and iPad style screens. On the outside it does have the BMW kidneys and the 'hofmeister kink' in the rear windows.

Ferry_vO
March 11th, 2012, 03:41
Itls in the library here. Search "Killbilly."

Got it, thanks!

papab
March 11th, 2012, 03:50
Got it
Flew it
Love it!

Thanks Bill for a wonderful aircraft!

Rick

Lionheart
March 11th, 2012, 07:50
EMatheson and Ferry got it. Bimmer...

I had went to them to see if they wanted to be part of it, put the emblem on it. BMW started out making aircraft engines (symbol is a prop in the sky). They are leaders in hydrogen engines (they have a 7 series out that is hydro). The Ave was to be hydro and electric, but I decided to go full electric with a bio fuel APU.

Contacting the right people at BMW is like GM. So many departments. No one answered emails. Finally the legal department stated I needed industrial liability insurance to use the BMW signet. No one was into the 'concept and theme' of the project, a BMW 'plane'. Kind of sad (for me) that they wouldnt want to do this in the gaming world. So, Ave became her own company.

So many planes in the old days had roll down windows, windows that hinged up, small windows to look through, etc, etc. Giant airliners still have opening, slide back windows. Funny how you can get a car with GPS/info screen, electric windows, AC, hard drive for music and media, but not in a plane. Well, some planes. Common planes have a ways to go to catch up to cars, in my humble opinion. It would be interesting to see the future of aviation many many years from now.

Bill

falcon409
March 11th, 2012, 08:35
.........So many planes in the old days had roll down windows, windows that hinged up, small windows to look through, etc, etc. Giant airliners still have opening, slide back windows. Funny how you can get a car with GPS/info screen, electric windows, AC, hard drive for music and media, but not in a plane. Well, some planes. Common planes have a ways to go to catch up to cars, in my humble opinion. It would be interesting to see the future of aviation many many years from now.

Bill
Speaking of the future Bill and what you've done with the Avelina. . . .there's a one page article in the latest AOPA Mag about the January Light Sport Expo. It speaks a bit about the latest electronic ignition. . . .here's what it said:
". . . . .such as the electronic ignition developed by Champion Aerospace and Lycoming for the Lycoming E-233 powerplant. . . . . .it will become the new standard for part 23 aircraft within five years - marking the beginning of the end of the magneto".

Dexdoggy
March 11th, 2012, 12:39
Make no mistake, this is Lionheart's best ever plane I reckon! (And that is no small statement!). Absolutely wonderful to fly! :applause::applause::applause:

big-mike
March 11th, 2012, 13:08
Make no mistake, this is Lionheart's best ever plane I reckon! (And that is no small statement!). Absolutely wonderful to fly! :applause::applause::applause:

+1!
Michael:icon29:

Lionheart
March 12th, 2012, 11:09
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Well, its the end of the sale. The dust has cleared. Many more Ave pilots now. Every one be sure to paruse your manuals to see how all the instrumentation works.

Did you know you can eject the CD's (2, one on top of the panel and one under the Kiosk screen) by ingressing the Computers management screen (on the Kiosk) and clicking the CD icons? Only 2 work of course. I was going to have 2 SSD HD's eject, but didnt, (alternate drives, the other two).

When you are doing NAV VOR flights (VOR to VOR), there are mini quick link icons (3) from Radios to HSI to AP. Thus you can jump from those 3 points without returning to the main Kiosk page all the time. (Shortcuts).

Note that due to technical constraints via limitations in FS programming and interactions in FS systems, the Bio fuel APU recharges at 50% power dumps every 15 min's. I wanted a continuous fuel/voltage upload that would update every 5 min's, but we were limited to 50% or full amounts and I thought 30 min's was to long for a charge, so I made it 15 instead. I hate it when I cannot make things to work as realistically as possible, but then again, speaking of realism, this plane doesnt exist, but it would have been nice to have a properly flowing voltage charge from the APU.

Special note, the cheese sticks and apples are plastic! Do not eat them. The food and drug administration require you to have special food handling permits in cases of distributing prototype futuristic 4 seat aircraft. If it had been a single seater, it would have been ok. :mixedsmi:

Happy flying,

Bill

pilottj
March 12th, 2012, 11:26
Thanks for this great airplane Bill. :salute::icon29:

imn2sims
March 14th, 2012, 17:12
Just wanted to pop in say how much fun I've had the past few days flying this unique little beauty! It's one of those planes that just "feels" right from the first takeoff, and not to mention ALL THE COOL GADGETS you get to play with:jump:. Only thing I haven't gotten to work for me is the SPEED in cruise control. I must be doing something wrong but it's strange that all the other functions work fine. Every time I engage (Magenta) SPEED the dial just slowly backs off to minimum power. I am stabilized in altitude and heading and airspeed when I engage it. Any hints?? Anyway, still want to say Great Job Bill :salute:

Steve

Ark
March 14th, 2012, 19:39
Damn I missed the sale. Guess ill be waiting again. :(

kludger
March 14th, 2012, 20:32
Enjoying this plane as well Bill, a really unique plane, joins your Dynamic and Kodiak on my frequently flown list.