PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim/Virtavia afterburner issue

brettt777
March 10th, 2012, 05:31
Has anyone ever figured out a solution to the afterburner issue with some of Alphasim/Virtavias planes where once you light the AB off, you have to really play with the throttle to get it to get it to throttle back and turn the afterburner off? The Alphasim/Virtavia planes are the only ones that do this and not all of them do it. What can be done about this as it's a real pain in the back side.

fsafranek
March 10th, 2012, 08:40
Has anyone ever figured out a solution to the afterburner issue with some of Alphasim/Virtavias planes where once you light the AB off, you have to really play with the throttle to get it to get it to throttle back and turn the afterburner off? The Alphasim/Virtavia planes are the only ones that do this and not all of them do it. What can be done about this as it's a real pain in the back side.
Can you give some specific examples then?

brettt777
March 10th, 2012, 22:52
Well, it doesn't do it on the freeware ones I have and the one I own (F4D, MiG-23, F-4, a few other freeware planes). But there are a couple others that I want to own that I have heard do it like the F-104 and F-106. I think I remember the Saab Gripen being mentioned also.

StormILM
March 10th, 2012, 23:34
It's a gauge issue, an older incompatible gauge that causes the throttle to stick at full power. Usually hitting F1 will clear it but you'll have to do it each time you use burner.

brettt777, PM me your email and I will send you the fix which will work on other FSX models with similar issues. If anyone else has the "sticking afterburner" problem, PM me your email & will send the fix(freeware fix).

fsafranek
March 11th, 2012, 12:57
if I recall correctly it was an Acceleration problem. You need to added one line in the aircraft.cfg file. This is from the F-104 aircraft:

[TurbineEngineData]
fuel_flow_gain=0.006
inlet_area=7.500
rated_N2_rpm=7460.000
static_thrust=11870.000
afterburner_available=1
afterburner_throttle_threshold = 0.00
reverser_available=0.000
ThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 1.0
AfterBurnThrustSpecificFuelConsumption = 1.0

SeanTK
March 11th, 2012, 13:10
This issue was talked about here...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?62698-Alphasim-TU-22-Blinder-issue

..in reference to the Tu-22.

brettt777
March 11th, 2012, 20:30
This issue was talked about here...

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?62698-Alphasim-TU-22-Blinder-issue

..in reference to the Tu-22.

This one really does work! Thanks a bunch! Now I can go get all the Virtavia/Alphasim planes I have been hesitant to get because of the AB issue.