PDA

View Full Version : Jobs?

Roger
March 9th, 2012, 14:21
According to the manual there is supposed to be a "Jobs" menu when you enter Free flight. Has anyone seen this menu because I don't. I'm trying to get my points up to free up the Stearman repaints and I'm pretty useless at most of the gamer challenges.

lucas81
March 9th, 2012, 14:26
Roger, when in free flight mode, click on one of the aerodromes. When the details about such a field will appear, you will see a "Jobs" button availble from selected aerodrome.

Roger
March 9th, 2012, 14:31
:ernae:

beana51
March 9th, 2012, 14:47
ME TOO! Thanx....The questions are now "A" coming...FLIGHT ,now spreading will generate a lot of them...I hope its not the OLE Trial and Error way....came across this...not too much,however ,for many it may help...thanx..Vin

https://microsoftflight.com/en-us/support

heywooood
March 9th, 2012, 20:31
you know...I didn't think it was a good idea at first..

unlocking repaints - having to earn them instead of just downloading and using whatever..but

getting this was a challenge - and a lot of fun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2012-3-8_19-50-32-451.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2012-3-8_19-30-59-168.jpg

flying online in Flight as 'FusionHorse151'...and I have never flown online before

Rich
March 9th, 2012, 20:56
With those roundels it should be I think, Royal Australian Navy

heywooood
March 9th, 2012, 22:13
With those roundels it should be I think, Royal Australian Navy

yes I have heard that said...but it is a Stearman and a very nice paint scheme regardless of factual accuracy so I give MS artistic license in this case:kilroy:

the key thing is..Flight encourages users to try the challenges and job boards and they make flying online easy..and because there are already so many 'players' there is no trouble getting into a session
with good ping.

I need to invest in a headset now...I think I'm the only person online that doesn't 'chatter'

do you prefer these two paints instead?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2012-3-4_16-40-38-344.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/heywooood/2012-3-9_22-56-9-705.jpg

dhasdell
March 9th, 2012, 23:52
I like the last two colour schemes, but I'm a bit hazy: are they MS ones which get unlocked as one progresses in the game, and, if so, when?

heywooood
March 10th, 2012, 07:14
I like the last two colour schemes, but I'm a bit hazy: are they MS ones which get unlocked as one progresses in the game, and, if so, when?

well - the Aussie one requires you to pass all 6 Stearman landing challenges above a certain score...you are graded on vertical speed, horizontal speed, and accuracy (closest to the runway centerline and sweetspot) and they are arranged in order by level of difficulty for obstruction, runway sloping and crosswinds

the Blue and Gold AAC paint only requires one hour of online flying with others

I do not recall whether the all silver scheme was locked or what was required...I'm also hazy:kilroy:

Roger
March 10th, 2012, 08:39
I'm already spending more time than I should trying to gain a higher level but I'm still only at 7 and nothing is unlocked at 7.

heywooood
March 10th, 2012, 09:26
I'm already spending more time than I should trying to gain a higher level but I'm still only at 7 and nothing is unlocked at 7.

well there is the jobs board, the challenges, and the...what is it? activities?

I have not really ever been a gamer so I don't even think of the 'levels' or 'leveling up' - I just think about a task that I want to try in Flight...

It seems to me that the 'challenges' offer the most points though...but regardless - I found that not thinking of it as a game and just going with the idea that, if I'm going to set aside time for flight sim - I was going to
load Flight...and then just do anything but freeflight.

Carrying freight and passengers without sickening anyone or crushing anything is fun...
The landing challenges in the Maule, Stearman and RV are the best though.

I have to say - there is this one, namby pamby passenger dude that whines the whole time - I finally did a barrel roll (Stearman) and he puked...I got a new award that suits me..." Tormentor"
I might have to change my sig.

limjack
March 11th, 2012, 08:23
heywooood the tormentor (yep, sounds good)

With limited time I have only got to do one job in flight but look forword to many more. Like ya said, if your up there flying about. Might as well take on a job and guage your flying ability. When I do get a chance to fly I have been heading to the muliplayer area to get the hang of flying with others. Something I have never done with fsx. So that is a new one for me and have to say it is a good time.

Jim

beana51
March 11th, 2012, 08:33

Gotta eat More Burgers Roger!!.....The more I Eat???...the better I Get....:jump: