PDA

View Full Version : FSX Airspeed indicator in MPHs...

rdaniell
March 9th, 2012, 12:30
Can anyone recommend an airspeed indicator that uses miles per hour rather than knots. I want to replace the ASI in my SimFlight 3Ds Cessna 140.
So I'm talking about an ASI you would expect to find in an older Cessna 150 maybe.

Romeo-Delta

rdaniell
March 9th, 2012, 16:11
Well guys so far the only airspeed indicator I have located in mph gradations is the one found in the default Beaver. It works fine in my Cessna 140 but the airspeed range is kinda high for an aircraft with a 85 hp engine. It did confirm that the airfile is well done as it performs very, very close to the 140 I sometimes fly in real life.

But, guys don't give up on this thread yet. I would still like an ASI closer to what is actually in older small two seat single 85 hp engine aircraft. So if anyone reading this after this update knows of one, please let me know.

Thanks...

Tako_Kichi
March 9th, 2012, 17:17
What sort of speed are you looking at for a top end on the gauge? Lots of warbirds had ASI's calibrated in MPH but they may go too high for your needs. On the other side of that coin a Tiger Moth gauge may not read high enough.

rdaniell
March 9th, 2012, 17:31
What sort of speed are you looking at for a top end on the gauge? Lots of warbirds had ASI's calibrated in MPH but they may go too high for your needs. On the other side of that coin a Tiger Moth gauge may not read high enough.

About 160 to 180. The do not exceed speed is around 149 mph (I think. It's been a few months since I've actually flown the full scale 140). I hadn't thought of Ant's Tiger Moth. I'll have to take a look at it as I have it installed. Thanks.

Update: No Joy with Ant's as it's in knots.

However, I may have stumbled upon an almost perfect gauge. It is the airspeed indicator from the freeware FS9 L-19 Military version. Its green line tops out at 145 and red lines at 159. Top speed is 200. It is FS9 so it works fine in FSX. Didn't even get a message asking for approval when FSX opened.

Whoooo Yaw....

Paul Anderson
March 9th, 2012, 19:13
Auster Autocrat, top end 200 mph, no redline.
FSNorthwest Stinson, top end 200 mph, 170 mph redline.

Both are round gauges with black background.

rdaniell
March 9th, 2012, 20:04
Auster Autocrat, top end 200 mph, no redline. FSNorthwest Stinson, top end 200 mph, 170 mph redline. Both are round gauges with black background.

Thanks for the input Paul...

rdaniell
March 9th, 2012, 23:13
Here's a screenshot.