PDA

View Full Version : Wailau Valley aerocache

Javis
March 9th, 2012, 05:36
Anyone cashed it in ? ( and walked away.. )

Meshman
March 9th, 2012, 07:14
Yes and NO!

I spent a long time trying to find it. Once I spotted it I tried to sideswipe it and get away. Got the Aerocache, didn't get away. But the carnage was (evidently?) long enough afterwards to register, rather than just show (yet another) CRASH and make me start over.

If I had been forced to try again I would have landed the Icon somewhere and walked over to get that darn gold coin... :kilroy:

Javis
March 9th, 2012, 07:50
If I had been forced to try again I would have landed the Icon somewhere and walked over to get that darn gold coin... :kilroy:

Great idea ! :icon_lol: We can walk on water maybe we can climb a mountain too... :)

I searched for a long time too and got away with it but i was flying the Maule. ( full flaps before picking it up ). Got 18 now but this was the thougest one by far.. :icon_eek:

cheers,
jan

BPbobafett1982
March 9th, 2012, 08:13
I took a stearman and dove for it from above with the engine at idle. I approached the hill while it was at my 11 o'clock and the aerocache was at my 9-10 o'clock position. And over the top I went, flying the hillside like flying low level.

Dain Arns
March 9th, 2012, 11:18
Like the "helpful tips" state, "some aerocaches need to be completed by using a helicopter"...

Riiiiight. Don't see that happening anytime soon. :mixedsmi:

Javis
March 10th, 2012, 17:54
just picked this up at avsim :

Note:
Some aerocaches are meant to be collected on foot.
Some aerocaches take a little bit longer to register, so try to keep flying (alive) until it does.

If the Flight devs will have a reworked, specific helicopter flightmodel on offer ( Flight flightmodels do feel quite different from FSX, don't they..... ) i'd be for hire ! :salute:

cheers,
jan

CWOJackson
March 10th, 2012, 18:18
I wonder if this is going to be an incremental trip.

We know Alaska is coming and there are (possible) hints of Falcon jets (extended flyable ranges) and helo's.

It would be nice to see what their long term development plan looks like.

Meshman
March 10th, 2012, 20:41
I'd discount the Falcon rumors. The picture that was somewhere wasn't from MS or there would be more floating around. Think it falls into someone pulling a hoax and getting a laugh.

With the past relationship, I'd expect something from Boeing to fill the large plane void. I'll still stick with my little planes. I think Alaska will keep me busy for a while once it shows up.