PDA

View Full Version : Installing Flight on a second computer?

kimdahl
March 8th, 2012, 00:18
Hi guys

At the moment I have Flight installed on my little laptop, and I wonder what will happen if I try to install it on my more powerfull desktop computer... When I log on to my Live account on the desktop machine I can image two rather different scenarios:

1) Live recognizes me and gives me the option of redownloading and installing the Adventure Pack which I have bought for my first installation :jump:

2) Live recognizes me and sees that I am trying to use the same payware on more than one computer and closes my Live account :gameoff:

Which one is the most realistic outcome of the experiment?

Best regards
Kim

ananda
March 8th, 2012, 00:39
If you use the same GFWL logon you should be able to load everything on a second machine. However, you may lose some of your "rewards" which are stored on the local machine.

paiken
March 8th, 2012, 04:43
You can definitely install Flight on more than one computer. I installed on my crappy laptop about a week ago just to see what kind of performance I could get from Flight (being an older Dell, the performance was abysmal, so I uninstalled it). You will need to re-download any DLC packs you have purchased, but the process was painless and I was able to get all of my DLC added onto the laptop. You have to go through the first couple of missions (the hot air balloons, etc.) and then you're golden. All of your achievements will be recorded on your pilot profile, at least they were for me.

n4gix
March 8th, 2012, 07:08
Actually, as long as you login to LIVE each time you fire up the laptop or PC, the Stats will be auto-synchronized between the two machines.

Of course you can only login to LIVE with one computer at a time, unless you have separate GamerIDs for both machines, and have purchased a license for the same DLC for each... :kilroy:

Crusader
March 8th, 2012, 07:18
When I first downloaded and installed Flight , I didn't notice an option during the installation to change to another drive . It placed it in the C:/drive under Program Files(X86)/Microsoft Games . I have plenty of space there but would rather keep it out of C:/ and place it into another drive away from the Operating System(Win 7 (64bit) . I have not had any problems with it running in C:/ as a matter of fact , it runs quite well . Can you change drives without screwing the DLC's (Hawaiian Pack/Maule) or the awards and ratings ? I would rather not have to go through the Missions/Challenges as I just completed Level 11 and shooting for 12 and 13 .

Rich

Crusader
March 8th, 2012, 11:56
When I first downloaded and installed Flight , I didn't notice an option during the installation to change to another drive . It placed it in the C:/drive under Program Files(X86)/Microsoft Games . I have plenty of space there but would rather keep it out of C:/ and place it into another drive away from the Operating System(Win 7 (64bit) . I have not had any problems with it running in C:/ as a matter of fact , it runs quite well . Can you change drives without screwing the DLC's (Hawaiian Pack/Maule) or the awards and ratings ? I would rather not have to go through the Missions/Challenges as I just completed Level 11 and shooting for 12 and 13 .

Rich

Saw this over at AVSim's forum : http://forum.avsim.net/topic/365322-moving-flight-installation-to-another-drive/

I'm not sure if anyone knows yet .

Rich

kimdahl
March 9th, 2012, 11:54
Hi

Thank you for the answers, now I feel more relaxed about doing a second installation!

Regards
Kim