PDA

View Full Version : I discovered a error object in my cfs2 M4A3 Sherman launch rocket

Maxstuka
March 6th, 2012, 11:53
Hi, I have this problem in my cfs2 game, is It a defect in the game?, someone has the skin of this object?
hey!,upload in this post a image of your M4A3 sherman Launch rocket to compare!.

Allen
March 6th, 2012, 13:06
I think that tank is from CFS1. Maybe the texture was not ported over to CFS2.

Rami
March 6th, 2012, 15:29
Good evening,

Yes, because it has an asterisk next to it, that's how you can tell it is a CFS1 object. :medals: Use the CFS2 version and save yourself a headache.

Seagull V
March 6th, 2012, 16:24
Rami & others

Is there a wishlist of ground objects that are needed for CFS2 - already have some extras I would like to see - but is there a semi-official this is whats needed still ?
Pen32Win's work is excellent, would be nice if expanded to other equipment. Quite a few vehicles have been done for CFS1 by Edmundo Abad (available at FlightSim.com).

Regards, Seagull V

Allen
March 6th, 2012, 17:13
Well the CFS1 texture is in CFS2. So somthing is wrong from MS.

To all other:
He may want to use that tank since it is the only one that has a rocket launcher on top.

bearcat241
March 6th, 2012, 17:20
..upload in this post a image of your M4A3 sherman Launch rocket to compare!.

It uses the sherman.bmp and the T34.bmp. Do you have the T34.bmp in your main texture folder?

Maxstuka
March 6th, 2012, 17:42
It uses the sherman.bmp and the T34.bmp. Do you have the T34.bmp in your main texture folder?

Yes I have this texture, but I try 2 things

1)I replace my texture for your texture
2)I convert the texture to dxt1

nothing has been!
The problem is that the object has not designated a texture, or microsoft have made a mistake of designation or name of texture file.
all have this same problem?

The B24 Guy
March 6th, 2012, 18:33
Hi All,

Well, I had to check it out. BC was close.
The model calls for Sherman.r8 and T34.r8 texture files. Of course these files do not exist.
They are missing in CFS1 also.

So, what I did was make copys of the Sherman and T34 .bmp files and made them .r8 files using Martin Wrights R8 converter prog.
The textures do not line up right and there are still some missing spots.
For the most part the tank is Green. Best that I can do anyway.

Just copy the two new textures into the CFS2 texture folder.

Regards,
B24Guy

Allen
March 6th, 2012, 19:25
MS farked something up with CFS2. The tank works fine in CFS1. It use a bmp and not a .R8 in CFS1.

B24 Guy. You have to flip the image if and maybe Mirror the image if you use Wrights R8 converter. I could be wrong. I gave it up qiucky when I found a set of .R8s that any paint program could open and save just fine. I than only used Wrights R8 converter so I could open files than I saved them in the paint friendly fromat that I could reopen with PSP6.

Below is a zip that has the image the right way. The only thing I can't fix is the tracks. MS messed up the texture mapping.

Maxstuka
March 6th, 2012, 20:45
MS farked something up with CFS2. The tank works fine in CFS1. It use a bmp and not a .R8 in CFS1.

B24 Guy. You have to flip the image if and maybe Mirror the image if you use Wrights R8 converter. I could be wrong. I gave it up qiucky when I found a set of .R8s that any paint program could open and save just fine. I than only used Wrights R8 converter so I could open files than I saved them in the paint friendly fromat that I could reopen with PSP6.

Below is a zip that has the image the right way. The only thing I can't fix is the tracks. MS messed up the texture mapping.

Nice job! :applause:

The B24 Guy
March 7th, 2012, 04:52
Learn something new every day.

Thanks Allen.

Regards,
b24Guy

Robert John
March 7th, 2012, 11:52
CFS1 Library objects in CFS are not quite the same as the CFS1 Library objects in cfs2. I have mentioned this previous in another thred. It is mostly the texture names in the bgls are not spelt the same as the texture sheet.
see Thread: CFS library missing textures info (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?42954-CFS-library-missing-textures-info)