Panther_99FS
March 5th, 2012, 14:45
:jump::jump::jump:

Mithrin
March 6th, 2012, 01:40
Yup I have a feeling they'll be getting my money. Sneaky bastards! :icon_lol:

Terry
March 6th, 2012, 01:49
The question for me is whether it looks any better than FS9 with Sandmann's Glacier Bay added on. Same thing with Hawaii, is it better than FS9 with Bill Lyons' Golden Hawaii added on. One must also take into account that the FS9 addons both have AI traffic.

Lionheart
March 6th, 2012, 09:46
I remember getting FS2004 and doing the missions (flights back then) in FS9 in Alaska. I was in total astonishment, the flights had fog and cool mountains. For several weeks I flew Alaska. Hope was my fave dirt strip and someone created a nice freeware airport of it.

I will not be running Flight on my rig, but I envy you guys that will have Alaska in it. Nice...

papab
March 6th, 2012, 09:56
I remember getting FS2004 and doing the missions (flights back then) in FS9 in Alaska. I was in total astonishment, the flights had fog and cool mountains. For several weeks I flew Alaska. Hope was my fave dirt strip and someone created a nice freeware airport of it.

I will not be running Flight on my rig, but I envy you guys that will have Alaska in it. Nice...

Bill,
May I ask why not?
Rick

Gibbage
March 6th, 2012, 10:48
Bill,
May I ask why not?
Rick

Just from reading his sig, his system is a little on the low end to run Flight. His video card more spacifically. I dont think he would get a good experience with that system.

Gdavis101
March 6th, 2012, 23:17
Crap! Just when I thought I was out they suck me back in.......

mfitch
March 7th, 2012, 21:28
The mountains make this interesting. The Icon A5 should be fun in Alaskan scenery.

They aren't putting in much effort on the cities though. The city shot is Anchorage (based on the mountains), but that is not even remotely close to what downtown looks like. Their autogen needs a different code.

Lionheart
March 8th, 2012, 19:07
Bill,
May I ask why not?
Rick

Hey Rick,

As the new windows chose to not let us develop for this new sim, locking us out, I decided not to go with it. It sounds perhaps small of me to make this call, but I came into FS because on the package of the sim at the time, it said 'this package contains Gmax and you have the ability to make planes for this simulator. Thats is why I got into this was to make my own idea's and concepts for planes. The sim was 'secondary' as I wanted to make planes (not so much buy a particular sim).

Thats why. There are several sims coming out. I look forward to 'AeroFly FS' and a few others (Outerra).

Nothing against Flight.

May it do well, and may the people that fly in it have awesome fun with it. I enjoy hearing all the good feedback on it. Always great to hear positive news. I am so tired of negative reports.

n4gix
March 9th, 2012, 09:34
Bill, I use Flight simply to enjoy flying. I still develop and test in FS9 and FSX. So, my use of Flight is in many ways similar to you using that online game playing an airline magnate...

...it's just another way to relax. No bloody tweaking needed; just plain fun!

XLR8
March 9th, 2012, 11:40
I read in a magazine that Flight is developing a falcon jet . Anyone hear about this ?

Meshman
March 9th, 2012, 16:00
I read in a magazine that Flight is developing a falcon jet . Anyone hear about this ?

Someone, somewhere posted a picture purported to be a Falcon jet inside Flight. I think that got poo-pooed fairly quick.

CWOJackson
March 9th, 2012, 17:31
Someone, somewhere posted a picture purported to be a Falcon jet inside Flight. I think that got poo-pooed fairly quick.

If a Falcon is planned that would suggest they're going to expand to other types of aircraft and quite possible expand the size of the flyable world.

I wouldn't complain about that.

Gdavis101
March 10th, 2012, 10:22
I spent some time with Flight last weekend and though I find it pretty it just doesn't grab me.. Though I will probably buy the Alaska, I am going to wait and see what people say first... I have a hard time with no vehicles on the roads, and no AI aircraft. PHNL looks terrible without any planes parked there, just some static planes would have been nice!

Gibbage
March 10th, 2012, 20:42
With Alaska, the lack of vehicles on the road wont be as much of a factor. Since there arnt many roads IN Alaska!!! Hah! Bears. That would be more interesting then scripted line of cars on the spline. Plus lots of duct tape to patch up the Maule AFTER the bears are done with it...