PDA

View Full Version : Making facilities

cristiano103
December 22nd, 2008, 05:41
Hi All

With the winter holidays next to come I hope to have some time to spend with my hobbies and regarding flight simm I should want to try to make new facilities but I have no ideas about how to do that.
Are there anyone of You who can tell me where I can find "hints & tricks" about that matter ?
Thanks in advance for any suggestion and have You All a Merry Xmas and a New Year full of health and serenity.

Cristiano "Astore" :wavey:

rbp71854
December 22nd, 2008, 08:39
Are you talking about facilties files or models. In either case Gmax should be used. You will also need the addon SDK packages from M$, those can be found on the M$ CFS3 website You can find tuts by Mathias in either Netwings or Regs(groundcrew portion) on G-max and the tut by Pat_Pattle. Both have to do with facilties file creation using G-Max.

cristiano103
December 22nd, 2008, 09:16
Hi rbp
I was talking about facilities files for now, I should want to begin to create facilities starting from existing models but in future I should take in account model's creation too.
However thanks for your indication and again Happy Holidays

Cheers :ernae: and have always good flying
Cristiano "Astore"

Daiwilletti
December 22nd, 2008, 10:09
Hi rbp
I was talking about facilities files for now, I should want to begin to create facilities starting from existing models but in future I should take in account model's creation too.
However thanks for your indication and again Happy Holidays

Cristiano "Astore"
Hi Cristiano,

for your purposes, all you need is the cfs3 Mission and Facility Editor. Then you can take existing buildings, vehicles, etc and arrange them. It gets a bit tricky with really fine work like fitting an aircraft into a blast pen, but is doable.

I don't remember where i picked it up - maybe over at the Korean Skies website?

HTH,

cristiano103
December 22nd, 2008, 11:20
Thanks You

I shall look for what You suggested and ......maybe some days I shall be able to do something good for all of us, the time will tell.

Cristiano "Astore"

Daiwilletti
December 22nd, 2008, 12:11
Thanks You

I shall look for what You suggested and ......maybe some days I shall be able to do something good for all of us, the time will tell.

Cristiano "Astore"

I've had a look and it is at the Korean Skies site. it is called Mission Editor and is in the Maintenance section. A lot of people probably don't realise it contains a great facility placement/organisation tool.
http://www.koreanskies.com/koreanskies/cfs3/ftp/cfs3Editor.zip
I look forward to seeing your efforts :wavey:

gaw
December 22nd, 2008, 14:19
this is great.......thanks for the steer.....been trying to plant Dancat's german radar with not a lot of luck....got 'em to show up copying existing facilities files and changing names...but no explosions or damage.