PDA

View Full Version : Tough Chopper...

yank51
March 5th, 2012, 07:20
I can say is WOW!! More lucky people:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/03/04/helicopter-crash-caught-on-camera.cnn

Daveroo
March 5th, 2012, 08:19
wow..that was something else...and for a tv show of all things...now they will prolly ground all "privately owned" AH-1's in a knee jerk reaction

kilo delta
March 5th, 2012, 12:46
Heart-stopping footage has emerged showing a helicopter lose control and slam into the ground in the US during a stunt for the Korean version of Top Gear.

The retired US military helicopter, an AH1 Cobra, was being used to film a speeding Corvette in Coolidge Airport, Arizona, on March 1 when the pilot lost control at about 60m altitude, My Fox reports.

Local resident Steve Esparza, who was filming the helicopter with a home video camera, said his "heart was pounding" when he realised it was about to crash on the main runway.

"I think the thing that shook me up the most was, I thought the pilots were dead — I turned the camera off, I didn't want to roll on what I thought I was about to see," he said.

Both pilots, from the Army Aviation Heritage Foundation, were treated by paramedics at the scene and were able to walk away from the accident.

Coolidge Police Chief Joe Brugman said the helicopter's safety gear saved the pilots' lives.

"They were strapped in wearing harnesses and helmets," he said.

Police department spokesman Roger Stinson said the helicopter had been taking part in filming of an episode of Top Gear Korea when it crashed.

The film crew has not spoken about the accident.

He said initial reports indicate the crash was caused by a mechanical failure but authorities are still investigating.

Top Gear Korea is the Korean version of the popular British motoring show Top Gear, which often involved elaborate stunts

oVndgvkkOgI

demorier
March 5th, 2012, 22:22
A friend sent me the link for this the other day....pleased and VERY surprised to hear the crew survived ok.

airtj
March 6th, 2012, 18:17
http://vimeo.com/37842083