PDA

View Full Version : Need Help. Kedw taxiways scrambled.

JIMJAM
March 4th, 2012, 14:56
Hi, this has happened before but I forget how I fixed it.

Issue- KEDW-EDWARDS- Tawiways from the main tower, North up towards the shuttle scrambled. Appears to be a puzzle of FSX mixed with Acceleration's enhanced field.
I am also running UTX and GEX.
Like I said up top I had this uissue a few times before but foget the fix.
I have put KEDW 1st in the scenery,no change. Disabled UTX and renabled it. Nada. Reloaded GEX. Same....

Any help welcomed as this is my homebase and favorite playground. Jim

Meshman
March 4th, 2012, 17:25
Any add on traffic that might have an AFCAD thrown in? Neither GEX or UTX have any files that would affect Edwards.

JIMJAM
March 4th, 2012, 17:29
I have Ultimate Traffic installed for as long as I can remember. I am sure its a old version but if it aint broke dont fix it so I have not touched it in years.

Dave Torkington
March 5th, 2012, 09:00
Hi JimJam,

Try running this brilliant little utility made by Scruffyduck that flags up duplicated AFCADS Airport Scanner (http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filemanager/navega.php?PHPSESSID=0401b49d9e78ac6beaf3046faf807 8b1&dir=.%2FFSX%20Airport%20Scanner)

Hope you get sorted :salute:

Dave.

JIMJAM
March 5th, 2012, 09:19
Late last night I was tinkering and noticed the ai planes positioned by MytrafficX. Got me thinking so I went to the MT setup and reloaded the planes and ai. That seems to have fixed it.
Thanks for the replies.

Dave Torkington
March 5th, 2012, 09:24
Smashing - glad you got it fixed :salute:

JIMJAM
March 9th, 2012, 13:46
I spoke to soon.

While going through this I noticed the Mytraffic version was very old so I upgraded to the latest and greatest version. Again the taxiways are scrambled. I have figured out its something going on betreen Acceleration and Mytraffic. If I disable or remove MT, the taxiways that run from the tower up to the shuttle area are fine. Enable MT and there is a overlapping of taxiways that are badly out of line.
I did find and run a afcad finder prog but the only dups I saw were from other sceneries,Flytampa ect. None were KEDW.

So once again if anyone knows how I can figure out how to either get rid of the MT afcad or have it live in harmony with KEDW let me know. There may be other issues but I just have not ran across them. I suspect any Accelerated graphics changes would be affected. Thanks, Jim

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/52845-special-files-for-acc-pack-only/ Think I found a clue......

modelr
March 9th, 2012, 17:07
JimJam

Check for the KEDW afcad for MyTraffic in the developers folder in the main FSX folder. That's where TrafficX puts theirs. They cause some problems, also. Airport Scanner found them ok on my system. Had to disable KEDW on my setup.