PDA

View Full Version : Question About "Flight"

ThePlainsman
March 4th, 2012, 12:14
I decided to be open-minded and give it a try. I downloaded and installed
without a hitch. Ran through the two training scenarios. Then I tried to fly the
STearman. It asked me to connect with "Live." Somehow it seemed to have a user
nickname/Id for me that I don't recmember creating. I took a guess at the
password (one I use a lot) and it seemed to advance. But then it asked me for a
product key, as if I bought "Flight". Naturally, I don't have a product key
because I didn't buy anything. The game is supposed to be free.

Can anyone tell me why it is asking me for the product key? Am I supposed to buy
something first?

Also, when I installed the game it said I had a "Live" account. Heck if I remember it, but I must've obtained/registered for one a year or so ago. My email and everything has changed. What do I do if I have a problem with my Live account?

Lionheart
March 4th, 2012, 12:30
I do not have this sim, but I wonder if they will simply email it to you via your MS Live system? Have you tried the MS messenger? Maybe it is in there.

falcon409
March 4th, 2012, 12:31
First of all, if you've ever used Internet Explorer utilities like Messenger, hotmail, etc, then you probably had a "live" account. You have to sign into "Live" in order to use them. I think a lot of folks did it a long time ago and just don't remember. Same here really except that I keep a running text file of all the user ID and passwords for everything I sign into so I just went back and got it from my list.

As far as having to pay for anything, nope no way you should unless you somehow clicked on a "purchase Hawaii" button at some point by mistake.:salute:

ThePlainsman
March 4th, 2012, 12:58
First of all, if you've ever used Internet Explorer utilities like Messenger, hotmail, etc, then you probably had a "live" account. You have to sign into "Live" in order to use them. I think a lot of folks did it a long time ago and just don't remember. Same here really except that I keep a running text file of all the user ID and passwords for everything I sign into so I just went back and got it from my list.

As far as having to pay for anything, nope no way you should unless you somehow clicked on a "purchase Hawaii" button at some point by mistake.:salute:

I did not click on the purchase Hawaii button. I tried to fly the Stearman and that's what happened. It goes into Live where it then asks me for a product key, which is like 16 digits and/or letters. This happened after I successfully completed the two missions in the Icon.

Crusader
March 4th, 2012, 13:12
Maybe this might be of help . I didn't have the Product key issue and I already had an ID/password from Internet Explorer as mentioned above .

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?63581-Where-is-the-product-key

Rich

hairyspin
March 4th, 2012, 13:13
:kilroy: There is a forum (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/forumdisplay.php?78-MS-Flight) here now for Flight: perhaps the guys there might know?

edit: of course they do, thanks Crusader!