PDA

View Full Version : 'When You Purchase, What Extra Do You Get?'

Panther_99FS
March 4th, 2012, 11:49
Just curious - thanks! :mixedsmi:

Ferry_vO
March 4th, 2012, 12:18
Depends on what you purchase! For now it's just a downloadable demo/free game with several add-on packs available. Right now you can buy the P-51, Maule (Or get a free preview pack (No VC's)) or Hawaiian adventure pack which includes the Vans RV6 and the rest of Hawaii.

Mikrco
March 4th, 2012, 12:22
In addition to exploring the Big Island of Hawaii for free, you can unlock access to the skies over the remaining Hawaiian Islands by purchasing the Hawaiian Adventure Pack, the first in a series of expansions for Microsoft Flight, which includes:
•Hundreds of miles to explore
•Stunning recreations of landmark features, from the breathtaking Waimea Canyon in Kaua’i to the high-rise hotels of Waikiki
•New challenges
•20 new missions
•The Vans RV-6A, a two-seat, single-engine, low-wing homebuilt airplane made famous for its speed and maneuverability.
The Hawaiian Adventure Pack will be available via Games for Windows –LIVE for 1600 Microsoft Points. ($20.00)

Dain Arns
March 4th, 2012, 13:23
Don't bother with the P-51, it has NO cockpit. Nothing but blank space.

Maule I was unhappy to spend that much on it and only get two paints.
Plus IMHO, I feel the FSX default Maule has better looking VC.
FLIGHT Maule has no working autopilot but it's in the panel? Hmmm.
FDE? Some say its better, I don't totally agree.
Of course if you want to do any type of Job Board missions, other than going for a Hamburger, or Flightseeing, you'll at least need the Maule.

You best value is the Hawaiian Pack.
At least you get the remaining islands to fly over, and the RV6 is okay.

I don't know.
Originally I felt I hadn't given it a fair shake, and went ahead and tried the content on the recommendations of others posting here.
FLIGHT is okay. Have to admit runs great on my old system.
But I feel the 'Honeymoon' is quickly coming to an end with the product already, in my case.
I've done most of the Aerocaches. Job Board stuff gets rather tedious after a while.
A helicopter might hold my interest for a bit longer.

Barfly
March 4th, 2012, 15:48
I found the starter aircraft in the free download rather dull, catering to the 'new' simmer crowd. The addon RV6 and Maule and associated challenges are fun to fly and will appeal more to a simmer.

Javis
March 4th, 2012, 17:44
When You Purchase, What Extra Do You Get ?

You don't get the Extra, Mr.P, it's not on sale yet ( sorry... :p: )

I'd say you only get the box with the free option. If you throw in some money ( like you would with any ol game) you'll get what's inside the box...

cheers,
jan

Meshman
March 4th, 2012, 18:00
As mentioned, the Adventure Pack gives you the other seven islands besides The Big Island and the Vans. It's $20USD. The Maule is $15USD and I forget what they are charging for the Mustang.

I've flown the Mustang once (this morning) and that was to get one of those "Gold Coins" up in the air. I doubt I'll ever fly again it as it is. Externally you can see a panel in the plane, but all flying is done externally. I fly a lot in outside view in FSX, but Flight's method isn't the same or as good IMO.

I'm flying the Maule some now, got it when RTM hit. I'm not a true fly by the numbers type of person. I care squat about numbers and all that. I only go by what it feels like in my fertile imagination. First flight with Molly almost kicked my rear! I firewalled it for takeoff and all he!! broke loose. The trees look like they are a long way away north of the runway at Port Allen, but I found them. Almost reminds me of the first time I hit a good patch of ice when driving a BIG TRUCK. Slow down and respect your situation. Now I throttle up in a controlled manner and Molly and me don't have much trouble. I've spent a fair amount of time flying the FSX Maule over the years and it's a puddy-kat compared to Flight's version. Again, IMO.

I really like the Vans and will probably spend most my time flying it, unless I'm doing some small field bouncing around and there the Maule would be a better choice. The Vans is fast, agile and fun. I used it to get an award for flying 150kts at an elevation of 10'. Oh, you also need to be inverted when you do that... Because it's fast and doesn't like to slow down much you need to plan ahead for descents. My landings were eventful enough, now I have to think about them?

I have a big portion of my little investment in FSX payware focused around Hawai'i. Even with all I have and my talents to improve upon things, Flight still comes out an overall winner in my book. For low and slow exploration, especially for Hawai'i, it's an enjoyable experience. Even if Flight puts a serious dent in my commercial endeavors!