PDA

View Full Version : A2A F-104 Starfighter

ZIPPER010
March 4th, 2012, 11:30
Any news about the upcomming Starfighter?

Dave Torkington
March 4th, 2012, 11:47
Any news about the upcomming Starfighter?

Yes, the news is - there's no more news... :wavey: Now, if you were asking about the Phantom...

strykerpsg
March 4th, 2012, 20:06
Yes, the news is - there's no more news... :wavey: Now, if you were asking about the Phantom...

So, "asking about the Phantom".....please do tell. I was of the impression that the 104 would come first, as a test bed for the acu-simmed J79. However, please feel free to openly shar eanything you may know about my favorite 20th Century aircraft.

Matt

ZsoltB
March 4th, 2012, 22:05
:icon_lol:

Dave Torkington
March 4th, 2012, 23:39
:icon_lol:

You may :icon_lol: Zsoltquack... :jump: Now, the Phantom - I haven't a clue where it's up to either... but it was a good question Matt :running:

One thing I'm really enjoying these days is the anticipation and interest aroused about a new product by developers. A2A are especially adept at this [Scott, if you're not in a sales role 'real world' then you should be]. Then when the darn thing gets released it's better than I ever imagined. Is it post mid-life crisis or the fact that I'm even more appreciative of FSX right now when I compare it to the other game just released...?

Dave :salute:

Daube
March 5th, 2012, 01:32
The 104 is to the Phantom what the Spitfire was to the P-40: a testbed.
At least that's what was told by the A2A guys. So the 104 is supposed to come first, and it will be the first aircraft to show an Accusimed jet engine.
On the bad news, given the time it took for them to build the P-40 (and the time it still takes to build the Mustang) after the Spit, I don't think we'll see the 104 before next year, so the Phantom will probably appear somewhere in en 2013 or beginning 2014.

Yes, I want to die, too.

fsafranek
March 5th, 2012, 08:57
The 104 is to the Phantom what the Spitfire was to the P-40: a testbed.
At least that's what was told by the A2A guys. So the 104 is supposed to come first, and it will be the first aircraft to show an Accusimed jet engine.
On the bad news, given the time it took for them to build the P-40 (and the time it still takes to build the Mustang) after the Spit, I don't think we'll see the 104 before next year, so the Phantom will probably appear somewhere in en 2013 or beginning 2014.

Yes, I want to die, too.
So if any other developer out there had an F-4 in the works they should for sure go forward with it because they will most likely get a year's market time before the much anticipated A2A version "maybe" gets released. I hope someone/anyone is listening.
:ernae:

hschuit
March 5th, 2012, 09:14
So if any other developer out there had an F-4 in the works they should for sure go forward with it because they will most likely get a year's market time before the much anticipated A2A version "maybe" gets released. I hope someone/anyone is listening.

Mark Harper perhaps?

peter12213
March 5th, 2012, 16:17
Mark Harper's "ALS"was doing the British versions I believe with the better Spey engines (well I say their better lol).

fsafranek
March 6th, 2012, 07:55
Mark Harper's "ALS"was doing the British versions I believe with the better Spey engines (well I say their better lol).
Those are available in Pack 3 of Mark's Alphasim FS9 versions recently made freeware via Virtavia and they work pretty well "out of the box" in FSX. He may be working on rebuilding them for FSX from the ground up but I expect that will be a while as well. My point, and thank you hschuit, is that just because some company has been saying they are going to do something for the past couple years and then estimate it will be a couple more years before release that doesn't mean other developers with an interest should hold back. Get in there and own that market.
:monkies:

Daube
March 6th, 2012, 08:18
Huhuh, this topic has 860 views in only two days... I guess this plane is somehow *expected* by the community :D

XLR8
March 6th, 2012, 08:30

UKMIL said in a post at there site one is in development (F-4 ) but most likely won't come be for 2013 .

rcbarend
March 6th, 2012, 17:33
Hmmm... I thought this thread was about the F-104, not an F-4 ...

And to the OP:
You are aware of the SSW F-104 ??

Not sure why you specifically ask about an A2A F-104; it sounds like, just because it's from A2A, you expect it to be a better addon then anything allready available now; or the version it has if/when A2A releases an F-104.

Just curious ...:icon_lol:

:icon29: Rob

Kiwikat
March 6th, 2012, 20:19
it sounds like, just because it's from A2A, you expect it to be a better addon then anything allready available nowWell that really is the truth. Everything A2A has done has raised the bar higher than almost every other military aircraft. I can only think of one non-A2A military addon that is in the same class. Indeed the only other company that raises the bar as much as A2A is PMDG. They both simply produce the highest quality addons. They also demand a premium price and lengthy development times. In the end, they're well worth it and see far more use than any other planes in my hangar.

I cannot wait for the A2A F-104. It will be exceptional, I'm sure. :wavey:

Daube
March 7th, 2012, 00:36
I agree 100% with the answer above. The A2A planes that have an Accusim extention are nothing like any other planes. They are way ahead in terms of immersion. Nothing comes close.
I have the freeware SSW F-104 in my hangar, and I absolutely love it, it's an awesome addon.

Not sure why you specifically ask about an A2A F-104; it sounds like, just because it's from A2A, you expect it to be a better addon then anything allready available now; or the version it has if/when A2A releases an F-104.

Sounds like you've never tried any Accusim plane :)