PDA

View Full Version : Restarting ETO

gosd
March 4th, 2012, 11:11
Recently I have been getting the "CFS did not shut down properly the last time it was run......" message.
This message comes on even afther I close the game without it shutting down.
Is there a cure for this bugger ?

ndicki
March 4th, 2012, 11:47
I get it from time to time in ETO (which I rarely use in any case, precisely because of this sort of thing) but not in other installs. If you allow the game to close naturally, you won't get that message again next time, but I often found that it would hang while closing, too, so it wouldn't close naturally and you have to help it - so you will get the message next time. No idea what causes this, but you are not alone!

hairyspin
March 4th, 2012, 12:11
If you're running Windows 7 (like me) you'll get this if you pick the wrong route to shutting down. Okay, okay you can stop the incredulous laughter....

There are three ways to shut down CFS3 in Windows 7:-

"Quit CFS3" on the sim's in-game menu
Alt-F4
Control-Shift-Q
Not all of them work fully in different people's installations. I use Home Premium 64-bit on an Intel system and option 1 used to work for me, but recent updates (I think) have mangled that and only option 3 is reliable now, the rest leave a cfs3.exe process running on the system and Task Manager is needed to shut that down.

My XP installation has no such problems, including with ETO and Rising Sun.

gaw
March 5th, 2012, 03:40
AHA....that makes total sense. ETO used to work perfectly.....now buggy. I'll try option 3....see where that goes....thanks!

gosd
March 5th, 2012, 07:28
If you're running Windows 7 (like me) you'll get this if you pick the wrong route to shutting down. Okay, okay you can stop the incredulous laughter....

There are three ways to shut down CFS3 in Windows 7:-
"Quit CFS3" on the sim's in-game menu
Alt-F4
Control-Shift-Q
Not all of them work fully in different people's installations. I use Home Premium 64-bit on an Intel system and option 1 used to work for me, but recent updates (I think) have mangled that and only option 3 is reliable now, the rest leave a cfs3.exe process running on the system and Task Manager is needed to shut that down.

My XP installation has no such problems, including with ETO and Rising Sun.

Sorry to report that none of these work,I still get the message on restart.

hairyspin
March 5th, 2012, 10:35
Sorry to report that none of these work,I still get the message on restart.

Just a thought: delete the uisel.xml file and then restart.

grizzly50
March 5th, 2012, 14:22
Gosd, there are two buttons with that message, as I recall. On marked "Yes" and one marked "No".

The next time this pops up, just press the "No" button. See what that does.

Also, go into the AppData folder and delete the uisel.xml for good measure.

I hope this helps.

gosd
March 5th, 2012, 15:20
Tried all of this no success.

Tailwind
March 5th, 2012, 15:50
Hello

You don't by chance have temspeak overlay running do you?

Cheers

TW

gosd
March 5th, 2012, 16:04
What is temspeak overlay ?

gaw
March 6th, 2012, 03:26
guess he doesn't.......

Tailwind
March 6th, 2012, 13:50
LOL guess not. It is a program that you run that will identify users that are on team speak. It shows up in your game screen.

I have heard that there are some times issues with it and ETO.

Cheers

TW