PDA

View Full Version : Rain in flight

limjack
March 3rd, 2012, 18:38
Last night I loaded up free flight at dusk and then added the stormy weather (or something like that). I was really amazed at the visual effects as I looked out to my right over the wing. Almost like a mist or clouds wizzing by. It was really cool as well as looking at the distant runway lights fading away in the mist. The rain itself was nothing special but like I said, the mist or clouds going past was impressive to me. Anyone else see this yet? The sunset was ok but nothing like REX. Can't wait to do more exploring in flight.

Jim

DennyA
March 3rd, 2012, 19:36
Yeah, mist and fog is DRAMATICALLY better than the effect in FSX. In FSX you fly over that solid, polygonal fog line when you get above it. In Flight, it's really volumetric and looks great.

Mithrin
March 6th, 2012, 01:55
Hopefully with Alaska they will also implement more weather changes. Flying through the dense fog and mist there will be a challenge.

Javis
March 6th, 2012, 08:29
Hopefully with Alaska they will also implement more weather changes. Flying through the dense fog and mist there will be a challenge.

It already IS very challenging... Try the Maule landing at Haiku airstrip challenge or RV-6 ILS approach/landing at Lihue.. Swimming with the dolphins is all i got out of it so far.. :icon_eek:

Blub,blub..
jan

Mithrin
March 6th, 2012, 09:07
Just finished the one in the seaplane. Thinking about which challenges to start now. Maule would be closest to heart as I love short strips but I don't know. Maybe the RV first.