PDA

View Full Version : Quirks with controls

mfitch
March 3rd, 2012, 15:19
As with many I downloaded and tried Flight out of curiosity. I was also curious about the Icon model, because I like the design. I only have the free portion.

Under the options I tried to setup yoke, throttles, and so forth. Only four show up in the list. Has anyone seen more controls in the list? I was also unable to delete assignments except by setting that key/button/axis to some other item. I got around that by editing the control file (standard.xml).

The quirk is that while only 4 controls show up in the list, all of them are read by Flight. At first I could not figure out why the stick in the Icon jumped around wildly (making it hard to fly). At some point I bumped "extra" controls (2 sets of throttle levers not on Flight's list). They had default axes assignments despite not showing up in Flight's list and having no entries in the standard.xml file. Disconnecting them enabled me to use the rest of the controls without difficulty.

Has anyone else seen this problem or have a solution? I have wondered if paying for more enables more features.

flyinjake
March 4th, 2012, 05:09
I have not played with Flight yet but I have been wondering how well it work with the cockpits people such as myself are building.

Peter SWE
March 4th, 2012, 08:37
I have not played with Flight yet but I have been wondering how well it work with the cockpits people such as myself are building.

I haven't spent that much time with flight so i might be well of here. I have a simpit with a homebuilt switchpanel based on a Leo Bodnar I/O-card, i'm not using FSUIPC but all buttons and switches are coupled to FSX keycommands. From this i can work the radio and every swith and button in the deafult C172 and simlar aircraft.

Now, as far as i can tell Flight doesn't support the same amount of keycommands like FSX, it only has the basic ones. Like gear, flaps, trim and so. For example you can't tune radios or Check the magnetos. There is no " magnetos select"-command but Flight has an "Aircraft of/off" command instead so it is "dumbed down" from FSX.

There might well be something i have missed somewhere so i might be wrong but i haven't found a way to controll all aircraft funktions from a simpit.

Dain Arns
March 4th, 2012, 13:32
Every time I launched FLIGHT, I had to reassign most of the axis for things like the Brakes, which I finally stopped bothering with as they don't work at all with my equipment, I ended up using the Keyboard commands. :isadizzy::mad: