PDA

View Full Version : Iwo Jima 1945 Scenery Uploaded

stovall
March 2nd, 2012, 20:58
Just finished uploading the Iwo Jima 1945 Scenery package. Please read the documentation carefully for installation and the several alternatives you have to enhance realism. Thanks to Roger-Wilco-66 for his expertise and the use of his objects which makes this scenery possible. Many people contributed to the final production. Special thanks to Guy Diotte for making all the static aircraft used on the island. All contributors are given credit in the instruction document. Watch for it to appear in the What's New section of the Warbird's tab above. Thanks to all for making this a learning experience for me. Now I wish to move on toward Japan and make Chi Chi Jima and Ie Shima. They are next.

http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss169/tlstovall/IwoJimaBorn.jpg

falcon409
March 2nd, 2012, 22:15
A huge thank you Tom. Even without seeing the finished product I know it'll be well worth the wait. Looking forward to downloading and taking a tour.:icon29::applause::applause::medals::applause ::applause::icon29:

jankees
March 2nd, 2012, 23:17
excellent timing, look what I just finished:

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/FX16162.jpg

http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww230/jcblom60/Belgie/FX16160.jpg

roger-wilco-66
March 3rd, 2012, 01:26
Just finished uploading the Iwo Jima 1945 Scenery package. Please read the documentation carefully for installation and the several alternatives you have to enhance realism. Thanks to Roger-Wilco-66 for his expertise and the use of his objects which makes this scenery possible. [...]

Thanks Tom, it's been a pleasure working with you. As always on such projects, I learned a lot about the history of these places, and cought some inspirations for the solomon update.
I also think it's a pleasure to see that there are many good willing people out there that enjoy this hobby the same as we do and are willing to help and spend time of their own to carry a simple idea further than it was intented in the beginning.

I'll look forward now buzzing the skies over Iwo Jima!

Cheers,
Mark

PS: great repaint, Jan. Again, my finger hovers over the mouse button to buy that WBS Mustang.

jankees
March 3rd, 2012, 01:35
Again, my finger hovers over the mouse button to buy that WBS Mustang.

don't hesitate, but make sure you buy the right pack!

ZsoltB
March 3rd, 2012, 03:44
Yes,Yes,Yes!!!!

Thank you so much!

Regards,
Zsolt

falcon409
March 3rd, 2012, 07:18
Taking a long time to get posted????:sleep:

kilo delta
March 3rd, 2012, 07:43

It's up at Flightsim,Ed...

<center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">FSX - FSX Scenery</center><center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">FSX Iwo Jima Scenery 1945
</center><center style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; ">[ Download (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=163952) | View (http://flightsim.com/zview.php?cm=list&fid=163952) | Video (http://flightsim.com/file.php?cm=pvideo&url=http://www.youtube.com/v/E3K3zq7s_e0) ]</center>
Name: iwojimascenery.zip (http://flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=163952) Size: 54,240,525 Date: 03-03-2012
http://flightsim.com/images/fscfiles//r/iwojimascenery.gifFSX Iwo Jima Scenery 1945. this scenery is a complete remake of Iwo Jima with new landclass and terrain. All three airfields, Motoyama One, Two and Three are depicted. Real photos have been used to make things as real looking as possible. Many of the P-51D fighter squadrons are depicted in real colors. Also found are B-29's, P-61 Black Widows and PBY's. Many visual effects enhance the pilots experience. By Tom Stovall.

RobH
March 3rd, 2012, 07:44

Falcon, it's available at Flightsim.com now. Thank you Tom and all involved:applause:

MudMarine
March 3rd, 2012, 08:00
Outstanding, got it! Off to install and test! Thanks again all!

falcon409
March 3rd, 2012, 08:13
It's up at Flightsim,Ed...
Thanks KD and Rob:salute:

Roger
March 3rd, 2012, 08:37
Great stuff Mark and Tom!:applause:

jungle_balloo
March 3rd, 2012, 08:49
Big job,

Thank you very much. :applause:

stovall
March 3rd, 2012, 08:54
Just wondered, can anyone see the download on SOH. I see it under the Warbird's Tab and What's New. I see several references that it is not up yet. Mark evidently couldn't see it this early a.m. It went up last night. Just wondering.

falcon409
March 3rd, 2012, 09:05
Just wondered, can anyone see the download on SOH. I see it under the Warbird's Tab and What's New. I see several references that it is not up yet. Mark evidently couldn't see it this early a.m. It went up last night. Just wondering.
Nothing yet Tom. The last entries I see are textures for Milton's E1-B:salute:

robert41
March 3rd, 2012, 09:06
Great scenery guys.
Cannot find the download here at SOH.

stovall
March 3rd, 2012, 09:08
I can see it just fine but I have administrative privileges. I will send a PM to Roger for help.

big-mike
March 3rd, 2012, 09:50
Amazing scenery----thank you very much!
One small issue here.
Michael60409

jim
March 3rd, 2012, 09:54
It's on Flightsim.

roger-wilco-66
March 3rd, 2012, 10:00
One small issue here.
Michael60409

A vertical bow wake, that's funny, I'll have a look at the ship's attachpoints of the model. Maybe it has a bow wake attached and you happen to have the effect and the texture on your system.

Cheers,
Mark

big-mike
March 3rd, 2012, 10:06
Thank you,Mark.
Michael

racartron
March 3rd, 2012, 10:17
Awesome effort guys! Talk about being at a moment in history. Y'all can almost smell the av fuel burning.:guinness:

stovall
March 3rd, 2012, 13:25
Big-Mike, Mark is on the other side of the world so he may not respond right away but I looked at the object which I believe to be the destroyer USS MAH. There are no contact point or wakes attached so we will have to look elsewhere as to why you see this effect. I saw something similar a couple of years ago while making some Pearl Harbor scenery. More to come. Mark is a real expert when it comes to objects.

If anyone else sees this effect (water straight up in the air) please let us know.

I might add that none of the beta testers reported this. Neither Mark or I have seen it either. We will get it tracked down though. I await Mark to respond. Thanks for pointing it out.

Ian Warren
March 3rd, 2012, 13:30
Thanks Tom , downloaded and about to install , think this is going to be FUN :ernae:

big-mike
March 3rd, 2012, 13:36
Thank you for the info,Tom.
I have a similar effect with a ship near to Cairns from ORBX.
And now this.
I don`t know,which files are corrupted.
Michael60417

fxsttcb
March 3rd, 2012, 13:46
It's on Flightsim.It's here too! Just gotta scroll down some on the "What's New" page.
DLing now. Many Thanks to all involved. :applause:...Don

stovall
March 3rd, 2012, 13:52
Michael, that is a big help to us. At least the problem is not with our objects. I searched and search all our ships for any attachment point that would cause any trouble but found none. When Mark gets back on line hopefully he will have an answer. Again I saw this same effect in another scenery about 2 years ago and never figured out what it was. More to come for sure.

roger-wilco-66
March 3rd, 2012, 16:19
One small issue here.
Michael60409

Mike, Tom and I checked the Iwo scenery and I don't see this type of ship at all at this place. Besides, most the ships (expecially the destroyers) belonging to the scenery at this place are facing the opposite direction and don't have any attachpoints where such effects (including the smoke from the smokestacks) could come from. To me it seems like this is part of another scenery.
Or - maybe it's USS Eldrigde, re-appearing after the Pihiladelphie experiment :-) ?
Maybe you could post another picture that shows the ship in relation to the other ships of the eastern fleet? Is this the only ship you see in the scenery that produces this effect?

My experience is that these effects can happen when AI ships are converted to static scenery objects and the attached wake effects to the model are not deleted (my first assumption) and / or very old fx files get copied over new ones or get somehow corrupted.

Cheers,
Mark

racartron
March 3rd, 2012, 19:05
"...maybe it's USS Eldrigde, re-appearing after the Pihiladelphie experiment :-) ?""

That would explain everything. It's the vestages of the energy ripple in the timewarp during the temporal transition. Only question is was the Eldridge coming or going?
:kilroy:

TeaSea
March 4th, 2012, 05:01
It's the space time vortex through which the Tardis will fall......

bruce448
March 4th, 2012, 05:07
for the dodgey wake effects its cause by using an FS9 wake effect in FSX accell see this thread http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?20547-Ship-error&highlight=wake+effect

Bruce

mal998
March 4th, 2012, 05:19
Great scenery, thanks!

stovall
March 4th, 2012, 08:20
Bruce, you hit it right on. There is an old Fletcher class destroyer in the Iwo Jima 1945 Scenery / scenery folder named Fletcher Iwo.bgl that is a hold over from a couple years ago when I made some changes to the default Iwo Jima. This object has the wake attached. If you have this destroyer in your Addon Scenery / scenery folder you could see this effect.

All you have to do is go into the Iwo Jima 1945 Scenery/ scenery folder and delete the Fletcher Iwo.bgl file and you are good to go.

If you wish to use the really cool looking destroyer I have removed the attach points and you will only see smoke from the Fletcher. Send me an email and I will return the new corrected destroyer file. The scenery does really well without this one ship but it is a pretty cool looking destroyer.

big-mike
March 4th, 2012, 08:27
Tom has written allready what the culprit was.
Many thanks to all for the input.Much appreciated!
Now i can finally enjoy this amazing scenery.
Michael

stovall
March 4th, 2012, 14:17
Everyone who has Iwo Jima 1945 Scenery, it was noticed that an effect file was left out of the uploaded Iwo Jima 1945 Scenery.zip. For those who wish some added effects here is the effect file to add to Microsoft Flight SimulatorX / Effects folder.

Sorry for missing this one. I have also uploaded the complete scenery one more time to include the missing effect and a fix for the water spout seen by at least one user. The destroyer in question is included with several more added.

robert41
March 4th, 2012, 19:58
Thanks Tom.

big-mike
March 5th, 2012, 07:50
Thank you very much,Tom and the whole team.
I really enjoy this scnery,outstanding work.
All the vehicles,ships and the Tank fire---amazing!:applause:
Michael

jdhaenens
March 5th, 2012, 12:05
Should someone regard me as a full fledged participant in the making of this scenery, let me disavow you of that notion. Tom contacted me in response to a question by Mark about how to make PSP (Pierced Steel Planking) show up on the runways and aprons. All I did was get that done. Tom was and is the major author and deserves all the credit on this one.

Jim

stovall
March 5th, 2012, 13:32
Jim you were certainly willing to jump to the plate for the steel mats variation. Plus you are an inspiration to many of us.

BigTool4U
June 2nd, 2012, 18:26
Hello Tom,
I have a problem with your excellent scenery: as you can see in the picture, when I'm taxing in that point I always crash against an invisible wall.

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/1926/fsx2012060301490537.jpg

Is it a my problem or a known bug?

roger-wilco-66
June 3rd, 2012, 03:04
I'll jump in here, BT4U.
We have to check the crash boxes of the scenery objects, I just wonder why this hasn't surfaced yet.
In the meanwhile, you just could turn off the crash detection in FSX.
My personal view on crash issues is that I think this function is more a nuisance than it does any good so I never turn it on.

Cheers,
Mark

BigTool4U
June 3rd, 2012, 07:10
Yes, I noticed that when I fly near the skyscrapers, also with MS Flight.
Thanks for the tip, Mark, however I hope that the bug will be resolved. ;)

YoYo
October 23rd, 2013, 21:43
Perfect scenery for B-29!

Just few trees bugs on the runway of Iwo Jima scenery:

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/ad52/rafikst/Various/th_Screenshot6475_zps6dbe396f.jpg (http://s921.photobucket.com/user/rafikst/media/Various/Screenshot6475_zps6dbe396f.jpg.html)

How to solve it?

stovall
October 24th, 2013, 06:09
Yo Yo, I will fire up Iwo Jima again this morning and see if the trees show up for me as well. FTX Global has put some trees on runways in other scenery that I have. Back soon. The easy fix is either an exclusion box or change the landclass in the runway area.

Yes I remember now, it was FTX Global that put the trees in the volcanic landclass. Overwrite the two Moto 1 ADE files with those in the attachment.

Sieggie
October 24th, 2013, 06:46
Tom,

I do not have a MOT1_ADEX_TLS.BGL or MOT1_ADEX_TLS.BGL but do have MOTO1_ADEX_TLS.BGL and MOTO1_ADEX_TLS.BGL. Did you change the name somewhere along the line?

Dave

stovall
October 24th, 2013, 07:17
Probably changed the name at some point. Just remove the older file and replace should do it. Thanks for pointing that out. Let me know if all is ok for you with the correction. Definitely is FTX Global producing the trees.

WarHorse47
October 25th, 2013, 06:26
I just installed the scenery and did some exploring in the Willy Jeep.

So cool. Thanks for the hard work. :ernae: I know where I'm doing my flying this weekend.