PDA

View Full Version : NFL: Saints defense had 'bounty' fund

CWOJackson
March 2nd, 2012, 13:55
Between 22 and 27 defensive players on the New Orleans Saints (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/no/new-orleans-saints), as well as defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, maintained a "bounty" program funded primarily by players in violation of NFL rules during the 2009, 2010 and 2011 seasons, the NFL announced Friday.

The investigation by the league's security department determined that an improper "pay for performance" program included "bounty" payments to players for inflicting injuries on opposing players that would result in them being removed from a game.

In some cases, the amounts pledged were both significant and directed against a specific opposing player, according to the league's investigation.

Read the whole article...http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7638603/new-orleans-saints-defense-had-bounty-program-nfl-says

Daveroo
March 2nd, 2012, 18:39
im not much of a football fan.....my folks did have season tickets to the SF 49ers for 35 years,and ive met some big names in that sport over the years..ive never been a fan..but this stinks....people are allways talking about how football players are supposed to be stand up people and role models...well many of them are...but to put a bounty on a competitors head?...bonus for injuring a guy?...ive been "taken out" on the race track...but no one has ever intentionally tried to break my neck...thats pretty hard core...its a game...sure worth millions..but if my son were a pro football player..and your son broke my sons neck just because he might be able to tackle your son more often..or in the case here..he is a good quarterback.....well....he would go to jail..be sued for BIG bucks...or.....who knows...but dang..to tell someone in his 20s..ill pay you 10 grand to break his neck and knock him out of the game......thats just wrong..this williams guy needs to be baned from football for life.....i mean they banned whats his face for gambling in baseball...this is peoples bodies and possibly lives....

maybe i feel strongly about this because i watched the 49er get kicked in the head years ago and break his neck....cant remember his name right now....but he was a well liked guy..and the kicker with only half a foot whacked him...another niner was paralised at candlestick in front of me when a guy threw an arm at him and broke his neck....