PDA

View Full Version : My first FSX problem

scoutII
December 21st, 2008, 21:27
I hit the start shortcut and I get a message saying " File Dem4km.bgl " is damaged or missing?? So I try to reinstall and my installshield wizard says - Error 1324 the path Program Files contains invalid character -- Any ideas - Have all CFS3 stuff split between C and E drive - Runs fine.... but no FSX??

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2008, 01:39
You could try the 'installation repair' that is in the DVD's. Insert Disc one and select 'repair installation'.

Note, if it doesnt have that as an option when you put DVD1 in, then hold for an idea from here. I wouldnt want it to mess up your installation.

Bill

scoutII
December 22nd, 2008, 08:09
Thanks - I have the deluxe edition - I will check tonight - Chris

RCAF_Gunner
December 22nd, 2008, 08:36
I hit the start shortcut and I get a message saying " File Dem4km.bgl " is damaged or missing?? So I try to reinstall and my installshield wizard says - Error 1324 the path Program Files contains invalid character -- Any ideas - Have all CFS3 stuff split between C and E drive - Runs fine.... but no FSX??

One thought... since you mention the path error message and having multiple CFS3 installs, I'm wondering if have you renamed the game folder or tried duplicating your FSX install? If so, it could be that FSX is far less forgiving then CFS3 for multiple installs.

Lionheart
December 22nd, 2008, 09:16
This is true.

I didnt realise that he might have parts split up for FSX on multiple drives.

There are ways to do this, like having planes on an exterior drive, etc. I dont know how to program this into the configs of FSX, but I am sure someone else here does. Many do this, but its much more complicated for FSX then with FS9 or CFS series.

Bill

scoutII
December 22nd, 2008, 10:30
Thanks - Most of the CFS3 stuff is on C drive and only PTO,OFF(CFS3) and FSX on E drive - Multi-CFS3 program installed long ago...FSX ran fine till Sunday,then the missing or whatever file error - Had not added or changed anything as of late that would do something with the Pogram file on the whole computer...I am still at work - I know when I first got FSX deluxe(around last Xmas) it asked to put it in F drive(DVD-cd) instead of the normal C drive?? Will play with it tonight - Is there a repair in FSX or is it part of the auto installer? - Thanks for your time - Chris - I really am missing my 377....and since I have mega room,I should have made a extra copy on another drive...

scoutII
December 22nd, 2008, 13:08
Now it says error 1303 after the repair screen saying I don't have administrator thingy - I am the soul person on this comp - the administrator-
Any thoughts?

scoutII
December 23rd, 2008, 18:02
Can't uninstall or repair - Gonna be out long time - Thanks for the fun while it lasted - GREAT STUFF!! scoutII off the air....

scoutII
December 24th, 2008, 11:39
Found it - Windows installer problem....:banghead::banghead::banghead: Now to reinstall and find all my passwords:jump::bs:

Marlin
December 24th, 2008, 13:48
Man I hate to hear things like this, I really hope you get it going.

Good luck Scout :ernae:

scoutII
December 24th, 2008, 18:55
The way I see it - 1 fixed the problem - 2 It's a good time to clean out fsx and install the stuff I use the most....

harleyman
December 25th, 2008, 01:35
Bummer...But it happens..i was going to suggest doing a computer restore back before it happened....

Merry Christmas....

scoutII
December 25th, 2008, 06:02
For some reason my computer restore did not fix the problem...I have a restore point put in automatically couple times a week. The problem was with the INSTALLSHIELD program to be exact - Downloaded Cleaner from MS,ran, and all is good so far. Will start to reinstall this afternoon. Happy Holidays

scoutII
December 25th, 2008, 16:27
All going good - Only thing is I forgot my password for the REAL-AIR Scout package - and the site does not take me e-mail address for some reason - I still have the receipt though:banghead::censored: