PDA

View Full Version : Achieve level 14 before this paint scheme is available.

Roger
March 1st, 2012, 14:58
I played the first 2 missions to get the Stearman. I attempted to use the grey USN scheme in free flight tonight only to be told I had to achieve level 14 before I could use it! I have absolutely no interest in playing "Super Mario Flight" so this may be a deal breaker for me. If there is no way to break this nonsense then I won't be spending my hard-earned on add-ons that require me to land on the back of a giant turtle, presently orbiting Jupiter in order to use some of the paint schemes.
Not a bad little game, Flight but this puerile silliness will send me back to my pipe and slippers and endless tweaking in FsX.

Dain Arns
March 1st, 2012, 17:44
Yup.
My thoughts exactly. :kilroy:

Did enough of the 'Experience Grind' in other online games, MMO's over the years.
Kinda over that.
Certainly not interested in doing it for my simming.

Gibbage
March 1st, 2012, 17:53
Not a big fan of unlocking the livery's. There should be a good collection of standard livery's, and unlock "unique" livery's. This way you can show off your skills when flying online. When people see your zebra print Stearman, they will know you did something really stupid or really skillfull to get it! Hahahaha!

wombat666
March 1st, 2012, 19:28
I give it less than seven days before we have a work around, similar Racing Sims have been unlocked in less time.
:kilroy:

Roger
March 1st, 2012, 22:56
Not a big fan of unlocking the livery's. There should be a good collection of standard livery's, and unlock "unique" livery's. This way you can show off your skills when flying online. When people see your zebra print Stearman, they will know you did something really stupid or really skillfull to get it! Hahahaha!

Kevin,
Only two schemes are unlocked, all the rest require to be won in some way or other. As I will never play on line or play any missions it will be problematic.

Mikrco
March 1st, 2012, 23:46
Kevin,
Only two schemes are unlocked, all the rest require to be won in some way or other. As I will never play on line or play any missions it will be problematic.

I agree with you on the paint schemes, though sorry to hear you won't be flying misions/jobs. In FSX I flew a few in the begining and that was it. But today I flew the bi-plane tour job, with the thunderstorm theme at dawn and I gotta say it was a nice challenge getting close to the first landmark, a waterfall in a small crater on the side of a mountain. Great stick and rudder flying,, what with the down drafts and such. For a minute there I thought the stearman was gonna break apart. Hope you reconsider and give it a try-you might be surprised.

Dino Cattaneo
March 2nd, 2012, 04:08
Well, yes it is a game...and simming is not a "game" (never understood this point of view), BUT one of the most fun and interesting experiences I had in FSX was flying (and completing) the IMC Carrier landing mission - which I do again from time to time.
Online flying is not my thing...but if I had unlocked a special paintscheme for completing that mission, well, I would have been a happy kid.

I will not replace FSX with Flight, but it is fun and will stay on the PC I use for gaming and multimedia in my living room.