PDA

View Full Version : Question for Airport Design Editor X users.

rdaniell
March 1st, 2012, 06:42
Hopefully, one of you'll can help me. Everytime I try to compile a file, I get an error message: Cannot find BGL Comp. Check your paths.

Admitted, I didn't have the acceleration pack installed to begin with and thought I read something about it being needed. Well, I installed it. I still get the same message. Am I possibly missing a needed program. If so is this BGL thing available from Scruffyduck's website? I looked but, according to my wife that was useless as I can't even find the milk in the refig.

Thanks.

Romeo-Delta

Tako_Kichi
March 1st, 2012, 07:40
BglComp.exe should reside in your '???\SDK\Environment Kit\BGL Compiler SDK' folder where '???=the rest of your location depending on where you installed the SDK'.

Unless you have moved it for some reason.

ADE9X can't compile an airport if it can't find the compiler to do the compiling! http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Make sure your paths are correct by clicking on the 'Options' menu item then the 'Folders' tab. You need to tell ADE9X where key components live on your computer in order for it to work correctly.

Sieggie
March 1st, 2012, 08:50
Now that you have install the acceleration pack, you need to use the same disks and install the SDK from that version. The SDK must be the same as the installed version of FSX. The compilers are part of the SDK.

Dave

rdaniell
March 1st, 2012, 09:10
To: Larry and Dave,

Thanks guys. I had to downloaded an updated version of SDK which sorted out part of the problem. I then changed "permissions" on the entire FSX folder.

And as they say: "To make a long story short", I have just sucessfully added a hanger to a small grass default strip. I know that is a very small thing but, it sure made me feel great!

Now to get to work on several more local airports that account for most of my FSX simming.

Peace+

Romeo-Delta