PDA

View Full Version : ATC Question

falcon409
February 29th, 2012, 15:58
This happens from time to time and while I was flying around doing touch n' go's at the New Jersey Airports I'm working on it happened again. When I try to call ahead to make the requested rwy and touch n' go there's no transmission. So when I click the last step, which I believe is "position", I should hear the entire transmission saying something like "Sky Manor Traffic, Cessna 355, 10miles out requesting touch n' go runway 17". However I don't get anything, no matter how many times I click for it to transmit. Has anyone else run into this? Is it an AFCAD problem or does it originate somewhere else? I've checked the Comm/Nav Freq's at all the airports and they are active and correct.

rdaniell
February 29th, 2012, 16:32
What about the AFCAD you are now using? Does it have the proper radio frequencies, etc?

Romeo-Delta

falcon409
February 29th, 2012, 16:52
What about the AFCAD you are now using? Does it have the proper radio frequencies, etc? Romeo-Delta
Yea, I should have clarified that, when I mentioned checking the Freq's, I meant the ones attached to the AFCAD's.

heywooood
February 29th, 2012, 17:11
Yea, I should have clarified that, when I mentioned checking the Freq's, I meant the ones attached to the AFCAD's.

break time, baby - go around...hey I never ordered the egg salad!!

...and cue Joe Pesci

Victory103
March 1st, 2012, 02:28
falcon409,
This seems similar to the other FSX bug with the ATC window. I can be doing TNG's at a towered field and not have the response in the ATC window after being cleared to land. I have to flip-flop to the standby freq or change one digit on the active for the ATC window to work properly again. Your freq's for your new AFCAD's are labeled CTAF or Unicom?