PDA

View Full Version : Textures Issue

kenrooker
December 21st, 2008, 16:34
I know someone must of asked this question but I can't seem to find it.

I take a repaint bitmap with the _t and _d and copy files to _r and _b respectively.

I end up with textures on the right side of the planes being in reverse. What am I doing wrong? Can someone tell me the secret of using the repaint bitmaps correctly because I don't seem to have a grasp on it.

Thank you

MSgt Ken Rooker USMC (Ret.):cost1:

Jaxon
December 21st, 2008, 17:00
First of all: Welcome to the outhouse!
:wavey:

You did nothing wrong.

But the _r & _b textures are just a possibility to have an old model unmirrored.

For this purpose, each side needs its own texture. Taking the old ones and just renaming is a good basis, but the codes will appear mirrored until the new created textures have the corrected codes painted on.

Hope it helps!

kenrooker
December 22nd, 2008, 06:24
Thank you so I guess I need to find newwer t and d files to get the repaint to work correctly.

Jagdflieger
December 22nd, 2008, 06:33
Ken,

Let me welcome you to the Outhouse too. We've got several veterans here so you'll feel right at home.

By the sound of it, you are working on texture files for either the stock MS aircraft or B-24 Guy's updates of them. If so, you are on the right track, but you'll need to reverse the lettering in those R and B files with a paint program. I've used MS Paint to do so. Nothing can be done for the stock MS aircraft, only the B-24 Guy's updates of them.

I'm not competent enough with the program to do more than suggest it, but I'm sure one of our painters can give us a short step by step tutorial.

bearcat241
December 22nd, 2008, 06:43
Thank you so I guess I need to find newwer t and d files to get the repaint to work correctly.

The old mirrored MS models have one texture format that has little to do with any newer overhauled models. So simply renaming textures won't work the way you're doing it. When downloading new skins for your overhauls only get those that specifically tell you by description that they are for an overhaul model. And for repaints of the older stockers, just use the downloads that tell you this.

Now if you want to take a newer OH texture and put it in the old stocker you can by renaming the 'r' bmp to 't' bmp. But that's it - you can't use the 'b' bmp because its for a part (other side) that technically doesn't exist in an older mirrored model. The 'd' bmp is a damage texture only, so this texture is especially useless for what you're trying to do.