PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm getting the hang of it...

Roger
February 29th, 2012, 12:07
I like it, not immensely, but enough to keep my interest. I'll probably buy the expansion pack and once I've ****, lol, I might just start to enjoy it more.
I'd like to change the weather and the time of day at will if possible but the main think spot view lacks for me is what in Fs9 and 10 is known as gradual transition. Maybe I'll find out more about this when I get some reading done!

noddy
February 29th, 2012, 13:46
Well I have just purchased the expansion pack to see what it is like.

Weather changes etc are easy to do.

60216 60217 60218

Roger
February 29th, 2012, 16:34
Gradual transition is there in the camera definitions.cfg but it's turned off. I turned it on:engel016: Getting happier with Flight!

DaveKDEN
February 29th, 2012, 16:49
Gradual transition is there in the camera definitions.cfg but it's turned off. I turned it on:engel016: Getting happier with Flight!

What, where, when, and how?

Roger
February 29th, 2012, 22:47
Hi Dave,
The flight.cfg and camera definitions are in the same sub folders as FsX so if you've made shortcuts to these in FsX just go up une and you'll see similar folders for Flight. It looks like there will be the ability to do a little tweaking in Flight...

DaveKDEN
March 1st, 2012, 06:20
So what entry do you change in what file? I have a "Cameras.cfg" and "Flight.cfg" file in my "...AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Flight" folder. I can't seem to find a gradual transitions entry.

Roger
March 1st, 2012, 08:34
This one Dave, you'll see that I've commented out the cycle:

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = $Spot
Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FlatChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
ChaseDistance=65
SpringStiffness=5
SpringDampingRatio=0.9
ChaseCamDrag=0.15
//CycleHidden=Yes

Roger
March 1st, 2012, 08:40
I think you can comment out views you don't want which is something I'll do later.

Crusader
March 1st, 2012, 08:57
I think you can comment out views you don't want which is something I'll do later.

Roger:

I saw that the "Transitions=yes" is there but what does commenting out "//CycleHidden=Yes" actually do ? I am starting to really like Flight . I'm getting use to no ATC and AI and it is beginning to be very relaxing just flying . I got the expansion(other Islands) and it is very enjoyable . I had to laugh when I tried to switch paints on the Stearman(Huge Stearman fan) because apparently you have to make so many successful landings or something to this effect to be eligible to use additional paints . I've been logging quite a bit of time in the Stearman and have been getting some good T and G's . Glad to get rid of the lady flight instructor in the first couple of instructional flights . I think she passed me on purpose cause I scared the s--t out of her .:icon_lol:

Rich:guinness:

DaveKDEN
March 1st, 2012, 09:03
This one Dave, you'll see that I've commented out the cycle:

[CameraDefinition.003]
Title = $Spot
Guid = {BCA3FDD1-FB83-4BBA-8407-4922A7F0D00C}
Description = This is the description of the spot view.
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Ordinal
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = FlatChase
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 1.0
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=TRUE
Category = Outside
ClipMode = Spot
PitchPanRate=30
HeadingPanRate=75
PanAcceleratorTime=0
ChaseDistance=65
SpringStiffness=5
SpringDampingRatio=0.9
ChaseCamDrag=0.15
//CycleHidden=Yes

Thanks Roger!

I'm wondering if there's a way to reverse the left/right direction of the pan view on the hat switch while in spot view mode (mine is reversed from the way it works in FSX).

Roger
March 1st, 2012, 09:04
Rich, I don't if typing "no" will make it work hence the //. Commenting it out allows that view (gradual transition) to work when cycling through the views available. In effect it adds amnother view. I don't want chase or locked spot so I will experiment to see if they can be removed.

The path to the Flight folder with the Camera.cfg is C:\Users\(your name)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Flight

tgibson
March 1st, 2012, 13:58
The box at the bottom of this screen doesn't reverse the panning?

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0212/Micr...s-Gameplay.jpg (http://www.avsim.com/pages/0212/Microsoft/03-Options-Gameplay.jpg)

I don't have Flight, but I did notice the checkbox.

This is from the AVSIM review:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0212/Microsoft/Flight.html

Hope this helps,