PDA

View Full Version : Where is the product key?

Peter SWE
February 29th, 2012, 00:18
I'm trying to sign in to windows live and i'm asked to enter the product key for ms flight, anyone knows where i can find it?

Peter SWE
February 29th, 2012, 00:37
Ok, i tryed 12345-12345-12345-12345-12345 and it worked.

Now next problem;

My windows live account doesn't exist according to ms flight...

Even thou i am logged in to my account and have checked everything.

I'm getting frustrated now...

Peter SWE
February 29th, 2012, 00:46
Hmmm.

I figured out that i need something called a gamertag but when i try to register for one i get the following.

The portion of your email address that follows the @ symbol is part of a reserved domain such as live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com or passport.com. Please type a different email address.

I looks like a hotmail adress isn't valid in order to register for an account for ms flight.:isadizzy:

Francois
February 29th, 2012, 00:48
Welcome to the wonderful Future of MS Flightsimming :icon_lol:

Peter SWE
February 29th, 2012, 00:54
Welcome to the wonderful Future of MS Flightsimming :icon_lol:

Yea.. I guessed that it would be like this.:icon_lol:

Peter SWE
February 29th, 2012, 01:25
BAAH.

I've lost my temper now.

i've been trying to register ms flight for three hours now, im logged in to my hotmail account, to my windows live account, to my games for windows marketplace and to my xbox live account and have checked and rechecked that everything is live and kicking but still no go.

Ms flight still says that i dont have a valid account.

I give up.

wombat666
February 29th, 2012, 02:15
More to the point, as I've stressed several times, 'Live' is a disaster.
I never liked or wanted to have anything to do with 'Steam' but at least it has been persevered with and works in a reasonable fashion.
'Live' is the same buggy fail it was from Day 1, as expected, MS have done nothing to make it work properly.
The usual workaround for the Race Sim crew [like me] is to simply create an off-line account, which might be possible with 'Flight' or not.
:kilroy:

Cratermaker
February 29th, 2012, 04:46
BAAH.

I've lost my temper now.

i've been trying to register ms flight for three hours now, im logged in to my hotmail account, to my windows live account, to my games for windows marketplace and to my xbox live account and have checked and rechecked that everything is live and kicking but still no go.

Ms flight still says that i dont have a valid account.

I give up.
Hey, I had this problem last night as well. I've had a valid windows live account for some time, but the games for widnows marketplace kept kicking me out for invalid username or password combo. I found out that the games for windows marketplace sign in (to sign in to the games live part) does not like symbols in the password. i.e. $%&*, etc. I changed my Windows live password to get rid of those and on a reboot, everything was fine. Hope this helps.

Timmo
February 29th, 2012, 11:48
This from the Ms Flight Facebook page, for those that are having issues with product keys :)

For those who are getting asked for a key when they try to download, here is a workaround:

Because Microsoft Flight is Free-to-Play when you sign-into LIVE for the first time through Flight a product key should be auto assigned to you. However we have noticed that some users are not getting their key auto assigned and are seeing a message asking them to enter a valid product key for the game. Here are some steps to take if you run into this issue:

1. Close down Flight
2. Re-launch the game
3. Attempt to sign-in again

If there is a 5x5 key already entered into the product key window just click ‘I accept’ and then the ‘Submit’ button. This should log you in. If that still does not give you a valid product key do the following to manually retrieve a key:

1. Go to http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Microsoft-Flight/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8044d5308d2
2. Click the ‘Buy Game FREE’ button
3. Select ‘Confirm Purchase’ (this is a free transaction and won’t cost anything)
4. Open up the Games for Windows Marketplace Client on your PC (found under Start->All programs->Games for Windows Marketplace)
5. Sign into the Marketplace Client with your GFWL / Xbox LIVE account
6. Click the ‘Downloads’ tab
7. Click ‘Microsoft Flight’ from the list
8. Click ‘View Game Keys’
9. Copy the ‘LIVE Access Code’
10. Open Flight
11. Sign-in again
12. If still asked for a Product Code, enter the LIVE Access Code you copied in step 9
13. Click ‘I accept’ and ‘Submit’

jankees
February 29th, 2012, 12:30
I'm having similar problems.
I did do the first two missions, but they were utterly boring. Nowhere near FSX.
I wnated to try the Stearman, acquired a live account, only to find that somehow it wasn't working (see above).
I give up for now, maybe I try again next week, or next month...it does not seem to be anything to get excited about. Good thing it was for free so far.

Roger
February 29th, 2012, 12:31
Very good info there Timmo:ernae:

Roger
February 29th, 2012, 12:35
I'm having similar problems.
I did do the first two missions, but they were utterly boring. Nowhere near FSX.
I wnated to try the Stearman, acquired a live account, only to find that somehow it wasn't working (see above).
I give up for now, maybe I try again next week, or next month...it does not seem to be anything to get excited about. Good thing it was for free so far.

Not really interested in their missions either but you have to do the first two to get the Stearman. I had issues last night (up far too late!) but when I started it up tonight the Live account worked after I logged in, took the Stearman for a fly (I'm only interested in Free Flight). Oh and it's very worthwhile to download the manuals... https://microsoftflight.com/en-us/handbook/

Timmo
February 29th, 2012, 14:05
Im actually enjoying Flight....probably for this simple reason: I'm not treating it like FS11.

Do some free flight (to get rid of that annoying women haha), change the time and weather and go for an explore....It's surprisngly rewarding to just 'fly' without worrying too much about systems etc :)