PDA

View Full Version : Matt Kenseth wins second Daytona 500

beana51
February 28th, 2012, 07:49
The ROUSH FORDS were Great!...."GO FORD"" http://s2.images.proboards.com/grin.gif

Biffle was the only driver who could mount a challenge as the Fords were the class of the field. Carl Edwards, another Roush driver, started from the pole and finished eighth.

"The Roush cars are really strong; they showed that all week," Earnhardt said.

http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/sto....ery-daytona-500 (http://espn.go.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/7623500/matt-kenseth-wins-wet-fiery-daytona-500)

wombat666
February 28th, 2012, 17:56
Vaudeville is alive and well.

EasyEd
February 28th, 2012, 19:46
Hey All,

I like west coast drivers but Greg Biffle (from Vancouver WA) was incredibly disappointing. He team raced doing nothing but protecting Kenseth and a Roush win. He had Jr pushing him and could have honestly should have gone for the win by going around Kenseth and hanging him out to dry. Sure he would have risked Jr pulling out and using a sidedraft passing him to win the race but that is what racing is all about. I'm hoping NASCAR saw this for what it was - an unsportsmanlike win for Roush and says something to the drivers about doing this kind of stuff. We don't want NASCAR to turn into F1 where drivers are ordered to pull over so the number one driver on the team wins.

Other than that it was a real entertaining race and a major bummer for Danica.

-Ed-

stansdds
February 29th, 2012, 02:05
It had to be the most bizarre Daytona 500 I've ever seen.

Moparmike
February 29th, 2012, 07:35
Hey All,

I like west coast drivers but Greg Biffle (from Vancouver WA) was incredibly disappointing. He team raced doing nothing but protecting Kenseth and a Roush win. He had Jr pushing him and could have honestly should have gone for the win by going around Kenseth and hanging him out to dry. Sure he would have risked Jr pulling out and using a sidedraft passing him to win the race but that is what racing is all about. I'm hoping NASCAR saw this for what it was - an unsportsmanlike win for Roush and says something to the drivers about doing this kind of stuff. We don't want NASCAR to turn into F1 where drivers are ordered to pull over so the number one driver on the team wins.

Other than that it was a real entertaining race and a major bummer for Danica.

-Ed-

Unfortunately, NASCAR as a sanctioning body has been putting the system into place to allow exactly that to happen for several years now Ed. It's no longer about the individual driver anymore...it's just like F1 and professional wrestling. It's all about the smack-talk for the camera and little or nothing about the racing itself anymore. NASCAR isn't going to do anything about it since this is what they've been wanting all along. Ratings, ratings, ratings...

Whether or not NASCAR continues to kill off the sport has yet to be seen. I do have hopes for them with their pushing of "the home tracks"...but I just have this sinking feeling that they're just going to clutz up the small track racing just like they have the Winston Cup series (oops...Sprint Cup).

I have to disagree about Danica though. Yeah, she got caught up in the mess real early like Jimmy and a bunch of others, but I still think her performance on the track isn't any better than when she was running open-wheel...mediocre at best.
I have nothing against women drivers...as long as they can drive. On the local dirt tracks around here, there are a handful of ladies behind the wheel (and in the pits) that regularly embarrass a lot of the guys out there. That's the type of drivers that NASCAR needs to be getting involved with the sport...one's that eat/sleep/live about being behind the wheel.

It was an interesting race to watch though even with all the down-time.