PDA

View Full Version : Another Tragic School Shooting

Crusader
February 27th, 2012, 10:32
What is our society turning into ? Unfortunately it is happening all over the world . I have no more to say because it sickens me to even think about what parents have to worry about now a days . I never thought about anything like this when my kids were growing up .

http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/feb/27/33/sheriff-shooting-ohio-school-victims-unknown-ar-946028/

Rich

stiz
February 27th, 2012, 13:19
as this seems to happen every month and as only 1 line really got my attention i guess i've become desentitised to it .... "The shooting was reported at about 7:38 a.m. Monday at Chardon High School." .. what kid goes to school at alf 7 ! :isadizzy:

Tako_Kichi
February 27th, 2012, 13:52
what kid goes to school at alf 7 ! :isadizzy:
In many US states and Canadian provinces schools, especially high schools, start classes at 8:00 a.m. and are done by about 2:30 p.m. This allows older students to be used as cheap labour in places like McDonald's and grocery stores. :icon_lol:

Wittpilot
February 27th, 2012, 13:57
as this seems to happen every month and as only 1 line really got my attention i guess i've become desentitised to it .... "The shooting was reported at about 7:38 a.m. Monday at Chardon High School." .. what kid goes to school at alf 7 ! :isadizzy:

This is pretty typical here in the states Stiz... I was curious if you were shocked because you thought it was early, or awfully late? I don't know too much about, or anything about the school system in the U.K. I attended school for about 3 weeks in Germany, but for the life of me can't remember what time we went to school in the morning....

-witt

stiz
February 27th, 2012, 14:00
schools start a 9am ere, though they are talking about makeing it 8

Kiwikat
February 27th, 2012, 14:29
My high school went from 7:30 to 3:00.

Allen
February 27th, 2012, 15:51
I'm sure sells of My Child's Pack are shooting up!

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bullet-proof-backpack-my-childs-pack.html

middle
February 27th, 2012, 16:14
'tis a tragedy...now the anti-gun folks will be spouting all their nonsense for awhile. The "authorities need to find how and where the kid got the gun.
It's indicative of a loss of respect for human life.
In reno, a little while back, a kid was killed at a party....he was hit hard in the temple, knocked down and kicked to death. I got this info from my ex's son who is 19. He told me that the kids just don't care.....they get likkered or drugged out and just don't give a dman. It's sad becaiuse it tells me that there are a lot of parents that simply do not do their job.
But now, the anti gun people will rise up and blame it on the gun, the guns makers and everyone except the kid who pulled the trigger.
What a shame. mid

Allen
February 27th, 2012, 16:28
↑ is true but it is likey the kid stole the gun from parents/relitives or bought it off it streets so no amout of laws would have stopped it.

TARPSBird
February 27th, 2012, 16:56
I think it's a shame that schools nowadays are combat zones instead of places of safety for kids. :frown:

pilottj
February 27th, 2012, 18:43
It is a tragedy. I think we have to take a look at what kids see on TV. Since one salary can't provide for a family these days, parents are too busy trying to make ends meet. They have less time for their children who end up getting much of their 'parenting' from the TV. I think we can all agree there is no shortage of violence on TV, both fictional and real. Some people freak out if there is a bare breast shown on TV but violence is tolerated and accepted. Gee, I wonder which is more damaging to a child's 'innocence'..a boob or someone getting shot in the head.:rolleyes:With all the violence around them, kids(and many adults) learn that violence is acceptable behavior for solving disputes. I am the last person to say we should censor things but I think those who produce those violent TV shows could be more mindful of what they are broadcasting.

Allen
February 27th, 2012, 19:15
I've been jumping on Goombas http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/22/Ani_smb3goomba.gif and Koopa Troopas http://www.mariowiki.com/images/2/2d/Ani_1turtle2.gif for as long as I can remember. It don't make me jump on people. If video games cause any thing in people. Every one would have been poping pills like packman!

\Wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka!
\\Eweweweweweww woop woop.

hubbabubba
February 28th, 2012, 12:51
'tis a tragedy...now the anti-gun folks will be spouting all their nonsense for awhile. (...)

When motor vehicles, drugs, alcohol, TV and cinema ratings, heavy machinery, toddler and baby car seats, tobacco products, fertilizers, and the list goes on and on, are so severely regulated for our safety, gun control doesn't seem such "nonsense" after all.

I though SOH staff would lead by example, obviously not...

...so much for non-political ranting in The NewsHawks.:kilroy:

I'm sure sells of My Child's Pack are shooting up!

http://www.bulletblocker.com/bullet-proof-backpack-my-childs-pack.html

Is it for real??? I don't know if I should laugh or cry, maybe a bit of both...

hey_moe
February 28th, 2012, 13:41
We are up to three kids now and it makes me sick to read something like this. Also in todays news a 2 year old shot herself in the arm in Hampton, not to far from where I live....what the hell is our world coming too>>> http://www.dailypress.com/news/dp-police-2yearold-girl-shoots-herself-in-hampton-20120228,0,1542936.story

Allen
February 28th, 2012, 13:59

Its real. I saw it on the Smoking gun Presents - Worlds SMARTEST Inventions when truTV was playing 2 or 3 of them in row. Than I went to google to make sure it was real. That is how I knew the link.

Wittpilot
February 28th, 2012, 14:31

You will find that the staff here go above and beyond what you will see on any other board. The statement above was simply a matter of opinion, and so long as we as a community can have discussions whilst respecting other members, there is no need for the mods to jump all over every thread.

Wittpilot
February 28th, 2012, 14:33
schools start a 9am ere, though they are talking about makeing it 8

I remember getting on the bus at like 6:15, in the dark! I had about an hour bus ride to school. I was the first one, last one off. At the time, we had the largest (by sq miles) school district in the state of OH!

hey_moe
February 28th, 2012, 15:21
This tragedy has not one thing to do with political !

hubbabubba
February 28th, 2012, 16:03
As an "anti-gun folk spouting all my nonsense", I do beg to differ, hey_moe.

And if you consider that this comment "respect other members", Wittpilot, my grasp of the English language must be very poor.

This thread, despite its touchy subject, was staying on tracks until that "respectful" remark. My thoughts are with all the victims.

HouseHobbit
February 28th, 2012, 21:29
Such a Great Pity..
Truly heartbreaking..

So many kids are growing up, But not being cared for by parents who have not the time or concern to raise them..
Now all of society, and many innocent souls are being hurt because of very bad parenting..

Raising a child is the greatest responsibility a person can take on, and yet so few realize this..
Such a Great pity..

Please all pray for all these families that have been so badly Hurt by this senseless act..