PDA

View Full Version : MIGHTY PLANES takes off

srgalahad
February 26th, 2012, 17:43
MIGHTY PLANES takes off with two-hour series premiere, Feb. 26

The sky's the limit as MIGHTY PLANES takes flight! The original Canadian series - a spin-off of the ever-popular MIGHTY SHIPS - premieres Sunday, February 26 at 8 p.m. ET/ PT on Discovery Channel with back-to-back installments (and continues Sundays at 7 p.m. ET/ 4 p.m. PT through March).

The first two episodes feature the ORBIS DC-10 flying eye hospital and the Martin Mars

Also this season on MIGHTY PLANES, check out the "Airbus A380" - the world's first full double-deck passenger aircraft, making it a groundbreaking design in aviation (March 4). Then, the Hercules LC-130 "Skibird" has one of the most challenging missions of all: it is the lifeblood of remote science camps in Greenland and Antarctica, carrying much needed supplies, fuel and crew to these far flung locations (March 11). Next, "Antonov 124" is the world's largest serially manufactured cargo plane capable of moving everything from locomotives to whales anywhere in the world (March 18). And finally, in the super-charged season finale, MIGHTY PLANES boards "C5-M Super Galaxy" for a mission into a war zone, from the initial briefing to crossing the Atlantic, and through the perilous descent into Bagram, Afghanistan (March 25).

For now, it appears to be "only in Canada" but ...

rayrey10
February 26th, 2012, 17:56
Sounds like a good show. Hopefully it will come "south of the border".

hews500d
February 26th, 2012, 18:13
Sounds like a good show. Hopefully it will come "south of the border".

I agree.. just checked Discovery and seen we are stuck with the forty thousandth episode of Gold Rush...

Darrell

Daveroo
February 26th, 2012, 18:46
ahhh gezzzzzh.....i didnt read the whole thread before i hit the search feature on my directv system......oi......lol

srgalahad
February 26th, 2012, 19:13
Only had a chance to watch bits of the first two episodes but it looks good.

The focus of the Mars segment is last summer's work on the Mexican fires operating out of Lake Amistad (Del Rio, TX)