PDA

View Full Version : Milviz F-15E Service Pack

Pages : [1] 2 3

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 11:21
It is with great pride that the Military Visualizations team brings to you the F-15E Strike Eagle also commonly called the Mudhen.

We have worked many months (years even) on this projet and are all really happy that it is finally out the door.

Please remember all support issues must be addressed to the Milviz support forums.

That said, any questions you may have now about the bird, and I or Steve will try and answer them!

You may purchase the bird, see pics, get the manuals and the paint kit here:

http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=F-15E

Thanks,

Colin

N2056
November 25th, 2011, 11:25
Congrats on bringing it back from the dead! :applause:

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 11:28
thanks. It was difficult as the patient required a heart transplant!

skyhawka4m
November 25th, 2011, 11:28
Tempting....

skyblazer3
November 25th, 2011, 11:52
Just installed it -- I seem to only have two paint jobs...... Time to head over to Milviz forums for support.

Looks great though.

greenie
November 25th, 2011, 11:53
Thanks guys , will be picking this one up.

I am surprised I had to come here to find out . Nothing at all at your forum . The dedicated sub forum is totally empty ?

skyblazer3
November 25th, 2011, 11:53
Just checked the Aircraft.cfg..... it only has two entries for textures. However, all the textures are there in the aircraft folder.

jeansy
November 25th, 2011, 12:24
ok have i missed something how does one pay for this??

VCN-1
November 25th, 2011, 12:41
How does one get the coupon?

VCN-1

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 12:44
Well, it appears that we have a problem with the installer. I will be taking this offline till we get it sorted.

Sorry about this.

skyblazer3
November 25th, 2011, 12:45
yeah -- I realized too late that I had missed the coupon -- not sure how to get it.

Just had my first flight -- and I am very impressed, very impressed. This is approaching DCS's level of functionality. This is FSX at its best. I would still like a new aircraft.cfg though, so that I could get the other textures that came with this.

strykerpsg
November 25th, 2011, 12:45
Colin, any chance this will be compatible with upcoming VRS TACPack? Purchasing now as you read this, and happily noting the textures in the preview look much nicer than the beta's posted a few weeks back, so thanks to you and your team for making this happen, regardless of the previous setback.

Matt

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 12:59
If you read on the sales page it says get the coupon here.... click on that and you get the pic. that IS the coupon.

It will not be compatible with VRS. Sorry for that.

Are the texture folders showing up? Let me know. there should be 11 of them...

strykerpsg
November 25th, 2011, 13:02
Absolutely no apologies needed for this fantastic work of art! Was just hoping for a collaboration of two outstanding products. How does the coupon work, with the image and all? I know in the beta, you were using an F1 style wrapper, has this changed?

Matt

jeansy
November 25th, 2011, 13:04
no probs with textures for me, well i think i dont

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1593/image1fb.png

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 13:09
It's the F1 Wrapper but right now, we are having a problem with some people not being able to pay. So we've taken it offline for now.

It may well be the coupon that is causing this. If so, then we will have to sell it at 50 bucks... sorry. It's for sure that it's that issue that is causing the aircraft.cfg to abort and be installed incorrectly.

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 13:25
Here's the aircraft.cfg zipped up. just replace the old one with this one.

skyhawka4m
November 25th, 2011, 13:27
hmmmmm...39.99 was tempting....49.99......may have to look at something else to treat myself with........she does look awesome though!

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 13:30
Sorry. Its offline until I get this issue fixed

Bob.sc
November 25th, 2011, 14:39
I'm on the Crew Bus! Take me to the 'Line!! Ready to purchase!

Maybe we should stop by the Inflight Kitchen to pick up a few "Box Nasties"??

Barnes
November 25th, 2011, 14:59
Wow - looks great - will purchase the moment its available :jump:

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 15:03
Flight One is working on the issue as we speak.

It will be resolved shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Phantom88
November 25th, 2011, 15:56
yeah -- I realized too late that I had missed the coupon -- not sure how to get it.

Just had my first flight -- and I am very impressed, very impressed. This is approaching DCS's level of functionality. This is FSX at its best. I would still like a new aircraft.cfg though, so that I could get the other textures that came with this.

OK.That comment coming from another DCS A-10C WartHog Pilot just sold me!!:jump:Got my $$ Waiting for Download.
So Happy for you guy's at Milviz who worked so hard on this to overcome your problems an get this out on the market!
Cheers!!
Congrats:salute:

MenendezDiego
November 25th, 2011, 16:33
Another DCS A-10C pilot here, and I love this Eagle!

As for the thumbnails all showing the same image, we are working on that lol.

Regards, Diego

skyblazer3
November 25th, 2011, 17:17
i saw the updated aircraft.cfg...... i had to remove the space between texture and = sign..... so, Texture=xxxx instead of texture = xxx.

Not sure if that is a problem, but it's what fixed it for me.

now.... to learn this radar and UFC.

What I really like is how it flies -- it just feels right.

ronvking
November 25th, 2011, 17:48
I purchased the aircraft before the sales were stopped, quite pleased with it and had managed to get the "missing" aircraft online.

One small point. The standby altimeter while on the ground at a height 200 amsl is showing a pressure setting of 7447mbs and a height of 55700ft. The HUD does display as it should. It was after an auto engine start so in theory all systems were up and running.

Cheers Ron

jeansy
November 25th, 2011, 17:49
one thing that stood out for me is how smooth it was, i was expecting stutters and various other sorts of hurt, boy i was surprised, well done

this is a real winner

MenendezDiego
November 25th, 2011, 17:54
Ok guys, Colin and I just sorted out the thumbnails issue, so with the new installer, you'll get separate thumbnails for each bird (11 in total).

Also, new afterburners are coming hot off the press!

Regards, Diego

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 18:16
10. Not 11. I miss counted. Sorry.

MenendezDiego
November 25th, 2011, 18:17
The 11th is the Multi-Player bird in which pilots can shoot eachother down :)

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 19:40
I purchased the aircraft before the sales were stopped, quite pleased with it and had managed to get the "missing" aircraft online.

One small point. The standby altimeter while on the ground at a height 200 amsl is showing a pressure setting of 7447mbs and a height of 55700ft. The HUD does display as it should. It was after an auto engine start so in theory all systems were up and running.

Cheers Ron

Thats a bug. It will be fixed in next weeks patch.

Thanks,

robert_basil
November 25th, 2011, 21:14
Armrest, really?

Barnes
November 25th, 2011, 22:57
Im trying to purchase but I just get an error message when I click buy now.

krazycolin
November 25th, 2011, 23:53
I had to sleep. Sorry about that. I will be putting the package together now.

I will also be extending the sale price until Wednesday.

Dave Torkington
November 25th, 2011, 23:55
They're fixing the installer - there's a 'please accept our apologies' message just above the Buy Now button.

Oops - posted at the same time as the above - sorry!

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 00:00
I had to sleep. Sorry about that. I will be putting the package together now.

I will also be extending the sale price until Wednesday.

PATIENCE??!! ME WANT ME WANT LOL

mohawk3
November 26th, 2011, 00:51
Yeah,
And first af all, Milviz people is McDonell Douglas F-15C/E,not McDonald, as stated on your website!
Happy hamburgers!!
:medals:

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 01:25
Ok! We're BAAAACK! It's alive. Go and get it. We are extending the sale price to Wednesday! Have fun!

btw, it's actually McDonnell Douglas... and it is fixed now. (sorry about that one)

mohawk3
November 26th, 2011, 01:33
Ok! We're BAAAACK! It's alive. Go and get it. We are extending the sale price to Wednesday! Have fun!

btw, it's actually McDonnell Douglas... and it is fixed now. (sorry about that one)

Searched myself your website many times & didn't noticed!The F-15C needs the same treatment

DagR
November 26th, 2011, 01:33
Looks awsome, I might get me that ;-)

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 01:34
Oh yeah. We are deffo putting out a patch next week. It will include fixes for the stdby altitude, guns and burners... (as well as anything else found that we can fix)

Javis
November 26th, 2011, 02:09
My Norton 360 antivirus says to have found a 'Trojan.Gen' in Milviz_F-15E.exe when i try to run it.....

Bummer! Anybody else ??......

cheers,
jan

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 02:16
Yes i have that warning so wont purchase at the moment.

I feel for Colin and Milviz and promise to purchase at full price when i can to show my admiriation and support them.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 26th, 2011, 03:31
"Norton 360 antivirus says to have found a 'Trojan.Gen' in Milviz_F-15E.exe "

Thats the F1 installer , standard warning and common to these , there is no virus , the temporary closing of norton or designation as safe will allow it to install.

ColoKent
November 26th, 2011, 03:36
....no window pops up to prompt you to upload the coupon-- you have to remember to go in on your own and use the coupon button. Don't get bitten by this-- I did.

Kent

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 03:47
"Norton 360 antivirus says to have found a 'Trojan.Gen' in Milviz_F-15E.exe "

Thats the F1 installer , standard warning and common to these , there is no virus , the temporary closing of norton or designation as safe will allow it to install.

Odd - I dont remember getting that message on other F1 installations.

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 04:41
I have now spent 30 mins attempting to purchase this haveing swithched off my antivirus etc and still no luck - is anyone else getting problems.

I even have an account aleardy with flight 1 and dont usuaally have hassle.

jeansy
November 26th, 2011, 04:49
this is doing my head in

Im not having any luck installing it, even when anti virus is turned off and running as admin

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/816/image1ur.png

ive now downloaded it 4 times and no luck on each attempt

any ideas please?????

ColoKent
November 26th, 2011, 04:50
....and pay, but it was inoperable when I installed it (cold, dark, no stores or crew, nothing functioned). I have tried to use the uninstaller to no avail (hopefully just dragging the files to the trash will work). I have gone back, shut off my anti virus, and I am re-downloading the file, and I will attempt install one more time.

Kent

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 04:53
Ive never had to work so hard to spend money! Harder tha earning the stuff

jeansy
November 26th, 2011, 04:58
thats me for the night

hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on this

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 05:01
I have finally managed to pay for it. Now it has not istalled properley. I have only 2 "impact" files showing under milvis.

This is definately a big pain in the backside - i hope its worth it in the end.

JAllen
November 26th, 2011, 05:04
Download, purchase, used coupon, installed, first flight in quick start no problem.

Jim

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 26th, 2011, 05:05
cold, dark, no stores or crew, nothing functioned, this is how its set up , cold and dark at startup.

There is a Nuclear Consent switch on the left console , thats the quickstart , the full procedure is more complex but rewarding , the Manual both Quick Start and Full Version are on the website to look over and included with the F15.

jeansy
November 26th, 2011, 05:06
funny enough i had no dramas this morning when it was first released, now.. well.... this is starting to suck

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 05:12
Im re installing and re starting FSX in hope of actually getting to fly it.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 26th, 2011, 05:14
Jeansy , Norton may have Quarantined the file on you and in effect deleted it, it would do that to me until i set the .exe up as safe in nortons options list, it ( Norton ) needs to be opened as an admin to have that option list visible.

jeansy
November 26th, 2011, 05:21
Jeansy , Norton may have Quarantined the file on you and in effect deleted it, it would do that to me until i set the .exe up as safe in nortons options list, it ( Norton ) needs to be opened as an admin to have that option list visible.

have no idea on this , cleaned out my temp files and rebooted seem to be working so far

ColoKent
November 26th, 2011, 05:23
...It seems to finally be working! More to follow.

Regards,

Kent

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 05:38
Finally got the bleeping thing to work but cant get the armaments to change - they dont appear to save (yes i have read manual)

DaveWG
November 26th, 2011, 05:48
I've got it downloaded & installed, but I don't think the dll's are getting loaded.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 26th, 2011, 05:57
There is some indication that UAC user account control is not allowing the writing of the XML.dll and install of some key elements , those who have this issue are advised to close it temporarily or as many do leave it off.

Method 1 - Start --> run --> type msconfig --> run --> go to the last tab --> Disable UAC
Method 2 --> control panel --> users --> Disable UAC

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 06:08
Did you see the two dlls on FSX loading? If not, then your UAC maybe on and or the installation is bad. (UAC MUST BE OFF)

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 06:17
Sorry but im confused.

When I use shift + 3 and then click the loads i want - so i have to click it anywhere tosave?

All i see is the weapons appearing in the window but not on the model.

Or do i need to start the aircraft after to see loads appear?

Or do i need to change the payloads and weights manually?

PS - loving the product in every other way!!

glennc
November 26th, 2011, 06:20
I haven't bought it, yet, just a matter of when. I had the same Norton problem with the T 38. I set up an F1 folder under my downloads folder and excluded that from Norton scans. I still turned off Norton scanning to do the install. Hope that helps,

Glenn

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 06:36
FIrst, check to see if you have these lines in your DLL.XML. It is located here:

C:\Users\YOUR NAME HERE\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>MILVIZPACK</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>true</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\MILVIZ\Milviz_pack.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon><Launch.Addon>
<Name>F15E NAV WAYPOINT MANAGER</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>true</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\MILVIZ\F15e_Nav.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>

They must be added at the end of the file before this line : </SimBase.Document>

Try this. If that doesn't work we will get you some files to try.

DaveWG
November 26th, 2011, 06:38
Did you see the two dlls on FSX loading? If not, then your UAC maybe on and or the installation is bad. (UAC MUST BE OFF)

Fixed it by running the installer in the F15E folder, as per your post in the Milviz forums.
UAC and AV were both off, & the original installer was run as admin.

Merlin216
November 26th, 2011, 07:20
Colin and the Milviz Team (not sure who all of you are),

I usually stay away from payware, as I tend to not want to put any more money into this sim, which I love to use, but every now and then I find an aircraft worth while. I have been watching this project since I first saw it posted here at SOH, and was very sad to see the project cancelled due to the loss of a coworker. I about jumped out of my seat when I saw this was released yesterday. Reading all of the responses on your T-38, and seeing your 310 as well, I was quite impressed to see what you have brought to the table. After getting Mr Skyblazer's review on both the T-38 upon its release, and this F-15E, you have earned my respect and I will gladly support a company like yours who brings quality addons to FSX.

Unfortunately for me, I have a 5 hour drive ahead of me, and knowing that this is installed and waiting for me when I get home, I don't think the drive will go by very quick. Ill post a review and some pictures for those interested. Thank you for your time spent on this, I look forward to flying her.

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 07:28
Hi Colin and Chuck

Thanks for all your advice and help.

Im not sure what made a difference (if it was the replacement dll) or just reloading everything but its now all working.

Thank you for your excellent product and support.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 26th, 2011, 07:39
The project ( and installer ) are the most complex bit of fsx software Milviz has developed to date, 20 some people were involved at one point or another and the first time we saw it in game was about two years ago, at that time some 700,000 poly's and as detailed a model as was ever exported , there were many modifications to bring it in line with the capacities of the average computer , poly optimization and map layouts among them , but it was a team effort , and to some extent ground breaking on a number of levels, including the teamwork needed to pull it off, that was all Colin , pulling a team together.

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 07:47
It was certainly worth it. I think its better than the aerosoft f16 and VRS Hornet in many ways

Phantom88
November 26th, 2011, 08:20
Am I the only one having a FPS issue? My frames are in the tank,I'm getting 12+ more frames in VRS F/A-18E[which has just as much glass in VC] And +5 fps in Flight1 Mustang with Huge G1000.What am I missing?

Any advice on improving frames? I really like the model and VC,Beautiful work:salute:

Q9650@4GHz
8gigs ram
GTX580

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 08:33
It was certainly worth it. I think its better than the aerosoft f16 and VRS Hornet in many ways

Sorry this Plane doesn't even come close to the VRS Superbug. Also agreed the Aerosoft F-16 was lacking a lot of functionality, But something they had which the Milviz plane doesn't, an accurate and correct simulation of the F-15E. I'm sorry it just does not look like a real F-15E. I do how ever commend the people who made weapons system, that is superb.

I am not trying to put it down, but I have to say and say it here, it lacks the very thing that makes Flight Simulator a simulator. Am I wrong to say that I would like a real F-15E (at least one that operates and looks like the real thing) in the sim? I know they put a lot of hard work into making it, but I am just not liking what I see. I only wish Milviz will revisit the visuals and make it like the real plane.

Thanks,
Rob

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 08:44
Well Rob - we must have different products.

There are just a few things Id like to see improved on the F-15 like some exhaust trail and some cockpit reflections but otherwise its up there with the Aerosoft and VRS.

Im going through the manual and finding loads of stuff to play with.

DaveWG
November 26th, 2011, 08:44

Yay, first AA kill

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 08:51
Wow well done!

Can Aerosoft and VRS do that?! (Yet)

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 09:00
It's not that, Weapons are great!!! Yes, but the VC is not like a real F-15E, I am just saying this so they can fix it, not to start an argument.
Also I know for a fact, that the VRS Bird is more accurate then this, that's just a fact, not my opinion.

So Milviz I hope you can at least get the bugs fixed and come correct with a TRUE and ACCURATE F-15E.

Thanks,
Rob

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 09:12
It's not that, Weapons are great!!! Yes, but the VC is not like a real F-15E, I am just saying this so they can fix it, not to start an argument.
Also I know for a fact, that the VRS Bird is more accurate then this, that's just a fact, not my opinion.

So Milviz I hope you can at least get the bugs fixed and come correct with a TRUE and ACCURATE F-15E.

Thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob

Sorry Im just a bit lost as to what is inaccurate within the VC? Im not sure what you mean so forgive if i misundertand. Is it textures, layout, features? Your comments are of interest to me as I have no experience of F-15s

DennyA
November 26th, 2011, 09:33
Trying to decide whether to get this or wait for the F-15C.

I got to fly in an F-15D, so I want the performance of an F-15C, but I want the back seat view that's in the F-15E... :)

(No chance the F-15C model will include a D, will it? You can count on $49.99 from me for a D, if that helps decided if it's worth the effort. Hey, first sale!)

Naruto-kun
November 26th, 2011, 09:34
The VC IS very accurate. However there are some pages that are missing or non functional from the MFDs because:

a: they were not going to be used much
b: they were beyond our skill/time limitations
c: both of the above

With that said, we decided on a progressive release approach. Aside from any issues that may occur that slipped past us in the functionality of this jet I have plans for even more upgrades.

EDIT: As for the F-15C, we will look at a D model as well depending on the sales response we get for both jets. This project wasnt only insane in complexity, it cost us a HUGE amount. So....we need to make sure the company's financial status is stable before we can add new stuff to the modeling side which happens to be the most costly.

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 09:41
There is a "beefy" flight control step that sits somewhat under the seat and comes up, Not a stick that comes out of the floor. That's a major eye sore, also the canopy is painted black to reduce glare in the real aircraft and also they have a "A" style locking lever on the side instead of the ECS venting. The seat is incorrect, there has never been armrest in an F-15E, sorry not real. Also the seat is just wrong, they have a folding pitot setup, instead of a static with canopy breaker. I also notice some incorrect functionality and indicator lights. I mean I could go on and on. I was really hoping their plane was more accurate as they said it would be. Another thing that was wrong, is a lot of the panels on the outside are riveted shut, why? When the real aircraft has screws, and all of the rivets are counter sunk and are very rarely noticeable. The JFS on the outside is riveted shut, in reality how would it start if it was like that? There is a lot of little things that people who don't know the Eagle wouldn't notice.

Again, I hope all of these things can be fixed. I don't want to go any further, and I will not post about this again. Please Milviz fix these items for me and other people who know and love the Eagle.

Thanks,
Rob,

Felixthreeone
November 26th, 2011, 10:06
I was going to purchase this addon until I read Rob's gripes with it. Now, I am going to purchase it even faster!! If someone who is intimately familiar with an aircraft can nit-pick such minor things (sorry, Rob...just minor to me)...then it clearly indicates how well the aircraft was modelled/implemented. Must go buy it!!

daisan
November 26th, 2011, 10:26
Has anybody been able to feel "the drag" of bombs, missiles, fuel, ... ? my bird is performing exactly full loaded as clean in aceleration... maybe am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

Naruto-kun
November 26th, 2011, 10:31
Odd...I definitely feel the drag/weight effects.

daisan
November 26th, 2011, 10:36
Yes I feel the weight, but not the drag. Tested right now with a crono and references and no difference between fully loaded and clean.

ColoKent
November 26th, 2011, 10:37
....I can't get it to show ant external loads. Probably operator error on my part....I just need to play with it more.

Kent

****Later edit: Let me please make clear here what I thought I said above-- I don't think the problem is with the airplane-- I think the problem is that I haven't yet sat down and REALLY tried to understand the systems***

Naruto-kun
November 26th, 2011, 10:41
I believe there is a answer to that in the support forums.

daisan
November 26th, 2011, 11:30
How can I log into the forums? no register option...no instructions in the purchase mail...how can i do?

Thank you!

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 12:04
you need to contact roadburner440 at milviz dot com.

I will be removing the drag part of the advertising. I have just been informed that it does weight but not drag.

Sorry for the messup.

Please feel free to return the plane if you are not happy with it.

daisan
November 26th, 2011, 12:39
Thank you

Skyhawk_310R
November 26th, 2011, 13:00
The project ( and installer ) are the most complex bit of fsx software Milviz has developed to date, 20 some people were involved at one point or another and the first time we saw it in game was about two years ago, at that time some 700,000 poly's and as detailed a model as was ever exported , there were many modifications to bring it in line with the capacities of the average computer , poly optimization and map layouts among them , but it was a team effort , and to some extent ground breaking on a number of levels, including the teamwork needed to pull it off, that was all Colin , pulling a team together.

Chuck,

You nailed it plumb with that comment. It's the total truth what you said. Colin has worked his fanny off and went the last three days with little to no sleep to try to get the installer working.

I ask patience from the customers. In terms of perspectives, 20 people just basically have tried to build a fully working virtual model of the F-15E which remains one of the most expensive and complex weapons systems in human history! Everyone is going to have to read the manuals and look at the tutorial videos to understand the systems. I'm not going to lie and tell anyone that this is a 100% simulation of the actual F-15E systems and weapons functionality. It is not. However, in 100% truth, it is the closest to that mark of anything I have seen released for FSX.

There are things we are still working on which we hope to get into the patch. Yes, it does need a patch, but right now, as it is this very second, it is one hell of a fine virtual aircraft and a sheer beauty to look at with excellent flight dynamics. When the systems are mastered, you will be rewarded with an experience I'm not sure you've experienced before in FSX. And when you compare it to the previously released arcade combat flight games, the fidelity of these systems are miles ahead for accuracy to the real world systems.

To say we tried to stretch the envelope with this one is an understatement. We reached for the moon, and while we haven't gotten everything we wanted, and are still working to make further improvements, we got something that I don't think anyone else has achieved for FSX.

Meanwhile, Colin is sleeping, hopefully getting the first quality sleep he's had in three full days!

Ken

Skyhawk_310R
November 26th, 2011, 13:05
Sorry this Plane doesn't even come close to the VRS Superbug. Also agreed the Aerosoft F-16 was lacking a lot of functionality, But something they had which the Milviz plane doesn't, an accurate and correct simulation of the F-15E. I'm sorry it just does not look like a real F-15E. I do how ever commend the people who made weapons system, that is superb.

I am not trying to put it down, but I have to say and say it here, it lacks the very thing that makes Flight Simulator a simulator. Am I wrong to say that I would like a real F-15E (at least one that operates and looks like the real thing) in the sim? I know they put a lot of hard work into making it, but I am just not liking what I see. I only wish Milviz will revisit the visuals and make it like the real plane.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

If you see something you think is flat wrong, please post it in the MilViz support forums and we'll work on it. But, frankly, the virtual cockpit layout is on the money. So, when you say "an accurate and correct simulation of the F-15E," precisely what are you speaking about? You have said you like the weapons so apparently that is not what you are talking about and we have already said the weapons are not completely realistic due to the coder pulling out of the project unannounced. So, what is it?

If your yardstick is that you truly want a 100% virtual replication of all facets of a real world F-15E in FSX for a price of $50, then that's an enviable goal post and one I'm sure everyone would be thriled by. But, is that realistic?

N2056
November 26th, 2011, 13:14
He already stated that he was letting this go. It would be good if everyone else would do likewise. :salute:

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 13:20
Yup. Would the Milviz team please back off of Robert? We know who he is and what he has done (or not done) in the past.

Let's keep this not only civil but fun too!

Ian Warren
November 26th, 2011, 13:33
:applause:Well that works ... I was the guy in front 'cough ' only Joking ... time to hit the silk :running:

Yay, first AA kill

gradyhappyg
November 26th, 2011, 13:35
One teeny weenie tiny lil complaint.
POV seems a bit to far forward, every time I go from full burn to half throttle I keep banging my head on the glareshield. LOL!
Even using - zoom out or control/shift/enter/backspace I can't seem to get far enough back to see the whole cockpit.
Other than that A+++++++++++.

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 14:12
Ya know, I have to say, honestly, I have always felt that way myself too. It shall be fixed as soon as everyone is back from their much deserved break... (family and friends...) @Robert. Sorry. I was out of line.

Skyhawk_310R
November 26th, 2011, 14:21
One teeny weenie tiny lil complaint.
POV seems a bit to far forward, every time I go from full burn to half throttle I keep banging my head on the glareshield. LOL!
Even using - zoom out or control/shift/enter/backspace I can't seem to get far enough back to see the whole cockpit.
Other than that A+++++++++++.

If you are willing to do a small bit of manual editing in your panel.cfg file, I can show you how to tweak that to your personal desires.

Unless, of course, you already know how. In which case, please disregard!

Ken

ronvking
November 26th, 2011, 14:25
Same here but worth the price so no complaints.

....no window pops up to prompt you to upload the coupon-- you have to remember to go in on your own and use the coupon button. Don't get bitten by this-- I did.

Kent

ColoKent
November 26th, 2011, 14:30
...I agree a $10 delta isn't that bug of a deal for me...wish I could "give" my discount to someone else who needs it, though.

Kent

Scratch
November 26th, 2011, 14:46
Just checked out the screenshots at the website. This bird is a beautiful piece of work:applause:

gradyhappyg
November 26th, 2011, 14:55
If you are willing to do a small bit of manual editing in your panel.cfg file, I can show you how to tweak that to your personal desires.

Unless, of course, you already know how. In which case, please disregard!

Ken

If you can show me which numbers to change/tweek I would really appreciate it because the last time I tried I wound up outside the aircraft near the tail looking in (default Grumman Goose Engine panel view)

I am sure glad the Milviz team got together and got this bird out, she's a beaut.

thisizma
November 26th, 2011, 15:18
I don't think I'm getting correct afterburner textures. Blue fire in the cans but no flame out the butt. Is this normal?

kcgb
November 26th, 2011, 16:23
Yes, its will be in the patch

Skyhawk_310R
November 26th, 2011, 16:28
If you can show me which numbers to change/tweek I would really appreciate it because the last time I tried I wound up outside the aircraft near the tail looking in (default Grumman Goose Engine panel view)

I am sure glad the Milviz team got together and got this bird out, she's a beaut.

Sure, but first I have to tell on myself. I had a bit of a fuzzy recollection of where the item is. In fact, it is located in the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the main aircraft folder. Some of this is recollection, but the basics are easy enough. Use the Notepad utility in your Windows O/S to open up the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the aircraft folder. The aircraft folder is located in the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder and is itself named "MilViz F-15E".

Once you have it opened up, search through all the writing/coding toward the halfway point you will see a section labeled "VIEWS" and immediately below that you will see this: eyepoint = 22.4, -0.003, 2.1

Before doing anything else, please copy and paste a duplicate of that existing section and then comment it out by placing a double diagonal "//" in front of it. This comments that code section out, and it gives you a very easy way to recover if things turn ugly. If they get ugly, then merely delete the entry your edited and remove the comments (//) from the backup you just created.

Now, the three numbers you see are X, Y, and Z values. X is the forward/back value. Y is the right/left value. Z if the up/down value. The values in whole numbers roughly equal feet, and they are referenced from the defined center of the aircraft, so you can gauge how much you should adjust. If you only want to move your eyepoint back a bit, then just change the X value (which starts off at 22.4). My personal recommendation is to change it to 21.4 to move it back a bit. Again, remember that since the numbers are in feet moved from the center point of the aircraft, the values can vary substantially from aircraft to aircraft and so small initial tweaks are all that is required.

Cheers, and hope this helps you enjoy our jet a bit more.

BTW: Normally we don't provide customer support outside the MilViz forums, and Colin may well get grumpy at me for doing it this time. But, I'm not exactly giving away trade secrets on this one as this method is FSX general for all aircraft. But, please, no one take this as meaning I'm going to make a habit of this!

Ken

heavy
November 26th, 2011, 17:44
This bird looks great and I have been waiting for a while, but are those really arm rest I see on the ejection seat? Can someone elaborate?

Heavy

greenie
November 26th, 2011, 19:07
Heavy, this has been mentioned before . Check out page 6 in this thread.
The arm rest suits me , Im an armchair warrior !!

heavy
November 26th, 2011, 19:26
Yeah, I read it....just wanted to make sure more than one person confirmed it. I thiought I was trippin. It does look like a barber chair arm chair though. Everything else is fine. Thanks for confirming!

Heavy

fsafranek
November 26th, 2011, 20:12
I don't feel like reading through eight pages of fanboy chatter but did the gauge coder who up and walked away last month come back or did you guys find someone else? In the end does it have all that you had intended it to have? It certainly looks nice.
:ernae:

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 20:21
The answer is no, he didn't come back. We did find a way, but, to be honest, this isn't as nice as we wanted it to be, no. We wanted, as we always do, no things that stick out. I'm not talking about the little things, though they are important.

It's close enough but not perfect. I ALWAYS want perfect but, without Chris, there was no way to get it. So, given the choices, I released it.

I have decided to leave the price as is for now... I think that, for what it is, (good enough but not 1000000%) it's more than fair.

I would like to make a poll... and see what others say....

a good idea?

thisizma
November 26th, 2011, 20:32
The F-15 has always been my favorite since I built the plastic model as a kid. For the money (w/ coupon) it's a great model ,but no afterburner texture?

krazycolin
November 26th, 2011, 20:42
RD, the guy who did the fantastic burners for Dino's F-14D is working on them as we speak. Tirelessly, endlessly and will have them ready by... next week sometime when we release the first SP.

thisizma
November 26th, 2011, 20:49
RD, the guy who did the fantastic burners for Dino's F-14D is working on them as we speak. Tirelessly, endlessly and will have them ready by... next week sometime when we release the first SP.

Thank you for the reply. I know I will enjoy this even more in the future.

MenendezDiego
November 26th, 2011, 21:53
As stated before, with everyones support and input, she'll only get better :)

Regards, Diego

P.S. Any input on the new thumbnails? They're my first published contribution to FSX :)

Skyhawk_310R
November 26th, 2011, 22:01
Heavy, this has been mentioned before . Check out page 6 in this thread.
The arm rest suits me , Im an armchair warrior !!

Greenie,

Appreciate your view on this. However, you might be interested to know that sheepskin and arm rests that can rotate into position or out of the way isn't something that MilViz created from thin air.

http://www.goodrich.com/gr-ext-templating/images/Goodrich%20Content/Business%20Content/Interiors/Products/Specialty%20Seating%20Systems/ACES%20II%20Modular%20Data%20Sheet%20for%20website .pdf

The latest Goodrich manufactured ACES II Modular seat has the arm rests and the black sheepskin covers. In addition, the USAF is looking at retrofitting the seats on the F-15E with this latest generation of seat and one of the primary areas the USAF is trying to improve with it is preventing the pilot's (or WSO's) arms from being flailed behind the seat when punching out. Several methods are being studied, including nets, bungee chords, and even incorporation with the arm rests as shown in the MilViz jet and more importantly on Goodrich's own information brochure distributed to prospective military customers.

Now, my point is that this design wasn't pulled from thin air, but rather based on what's really out there. No one is going to assert that an FSX aircraft is a 100% replication of a real airplane. We certainly are not. But, on the other hand, the primary thing we wish for is for the customers to feel like they got their money's worth with our products, and frankly that they can have an innovative and new measure of fun when playing what is a somewhat realistic PC game/simulator. And having that kind of fun is the goal. So, if you can purchase this virtual jet and go out in the FSX skies and enjoy yourself doing it, then we've reached that mark, and hopefully can reach it with all of our customers.

Cheers,

Ken

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 22:22
The more you fly this bird the more you apprechate what really counts and realise the superb amount of features that back up the great modelling.

Glad I bought it as it will be taken out of my virtual hangar frequently as a favourite.

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 22:41
Greenie,

Appreciate your view on this. However, you might be interested to know that sheepskin and arm rests that can rotate into position or out of the way isn't something that MilViz created from thin air.

http://www.goodrich.com/gr-ext-templating/images/Goodrich%20Content/Business%20Content/Interiors/Products/Specialty%20Seating%20Systems/ACES%20II%20Modular%20Data%20Sheet%20for%20website .pdf

The latest Goodrich manufactured ACES II Modular seat has the arm rests and the black sheepskin covers. In addition, the USAF is looking at retrofitting the seats on the F-15E with this latest generation of seat and one of the primary areas the USAF is trying to improve with it is preventing the pilot's (or WSO's) arms from being flailed behind the seat when punching out. Several methods are being studied, including nets, bungee chords, and even incorporation with the arm rests as shown in the MilViz jet and more importantly on Goodrich's own information brochure distributed to prospective military customers.

Now, my point is that this design wasn't pulled from thin air, but rather based on what's really out there. No one is going to assert that an FSX aircraft is a 100% replication of a real airplane. We certainly are not. But, on the other hand, the primary thing we wish for is for the customers to feel like they got their money's worth with our products, and frankly that they can have an innovative and new measure of fun when playing what is a somewhat realistic PC game/simulator. And having that kind of fun is the goal. So, if you can purchase this virtual jet and go out in the FSX skies and enjoy yourself doing it, then we've reached that mark, and hopefully can reach it with all of our customers.

Cheers,

Ken

Sorry Ken,

If you knew about the Aces II seat you would know the differences. First off that seat in that PDF is for the B-2, the B-1B has arm rest as well but not in a jet fighter. You forget that they endure tremendous forces, I sure would NOT want to hit my arm on one at 9gs. Another thing that is seriously inaccurate is the seats pitot system, you have a folding system which is found on the new F-22s and upgraded F-16s not the static found on the F-15s. Also the modeling is way off, and you don't even have the ballistic gas lines that are used on the seat. you have the major flaws with the model that I guess only someone who has a military background would know. And where are the canopy breakers? Maybe you should of added cup holders as well.:icon_lol:

Please don't come here with that propaganda, just make the plane as accurate as possible since this is a sim, and not make believe. That's what keep the integrity of FS a serious matter to me and others and not just a game.

Rivet counting, one rivet at a time.
Rob

MenendezDiego
November 26th, 2011, 22:45
Robert,

I was put on the team partly because I am a rivet counter just like you.

If it's ok with me saying this Colin, as you've said it before, we simply ran out of funds.

The plan is (if she sells well), to fix all the tiny details.

We really appreciate you pointing out these errors, as we now know what to fix when we can.

If you would be so kind, keep a log of the little errors in the modeling you find, and post them over at the Milviz Support Forums, that way when the modelers have time, the issues can be addressed :)

Regards, Diego

robert_basil
November 26th, 2011, 23:07
Robert,

I was put on the team partly because I am a rivet counter just like you.

If it's ok with me saying this Colin, as you've said it before, we simply ran out of funds.

The plan is (if she sells well), to fix all the tiny details.

We really appreciate you pointing out these errors, as we now know what to fix when we can.

If you would be so kind, keep a log of the little errors in the modeling you find, and post them over at the Milviz Support Forums, that way when the modelers have time, the issues can be addressed :)

Regards, Diego

Thanks Diego,

I will make a list and head over to your support forums, As I said earlier I will leave it alone here, but found myself attacked by Colin and Ken. I have no problems with Milviz, I just want a true to life F-15. So to Ken and Colin, I do not want to be anyway putting down your aircraft, I just want to improve it. I will join your support forums and submit my list, so it can help you.

Have a great evening,
Rob

Barnes
November 26th, 2011, 23:17
I love the rear cockpit detail

http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq119/GAJIT/Untitled-1copy-10.jpg

gradyhappyg
November 26th, 2011, 23:17
Sure, but first I have to tell on myself. I had a bit of a fuzzy recollection of where the item is. In fact, it is located in the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the main aircraft folder. Some of this is recollection, but the basics are easy enough. Use the Notepad utility in your Windows O/S to open up the aircraft.cfg file which is located in the aircraft folder. The aircraft folder is located in the FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes folder and is itself named "MilViz F-15E".

Once you have it opened up, search through all the writing/coding toward the halfway point you will see a section labeled "VIEWS" and immediately below that you will see this: eyepoint = 22.4, -0.003, 2.1

Before doing anything else, please copy and paste a duplicate of that existing section and then comment it out by placing a double diagonal "//" in front of it. This comments that code section out, and it gives you a very easy way to recover if things turn ugly. If they get ugly, then merely delete the entry your edited and remove the comments (//) from the backup you just created.

Now, the three numbers you see are X, Y, and Z values. X is the forward/back value. Y is the right/left value. Z if the up/down value. The values in whole numbers roughly equal feet, and they are referenced from the defined center of the aircraft, so you can gauge how much you should adjust. If you only want to move your eyepoint back a bit, then just change the X value (which starts off at 22.4). My personal recommendation is to change it to 21.4 to move it back a bit. Again, remember that since the numbers are in feet moved from the center point of the aircraft, the values can vary substantially from aircraft to aircraft and so small initial tweaks are all that is required.

Cheers, and hope this helps you enjoy our jet a bit more.

BTW: Normally we don't provide customer support outside the MilViz forums, and Colin may well get grumpy at me for doing it this time. But, I'm not exactly giving away trade secrets on this one as this method is FSX general for all aircraft. But, please, no one take this as meaning I'm going to make a habit of this!

Ken

Thanks a bunch that did it.:salute: I went with 21.5 any farther back and you go back into the seat. Hope this doesn't cause any grumptitude to come your way.

jeansy
November 27th, 2011, 01:06
love it

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_240142.png

Barnes
November 27th, 2011, 01:47
Great screen! :applause:

Anneke
November 27th, 2011, 02:00
Impressive!! I like it! Too bad I don't fly these fighters. Doesn't fit in W52 Goheen :icon_lol:

jeansy
November 27th, 2011, 02:09
http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_438888.png

Naruto-kun
November 27th, 2011, 02:10
Just a little update, if any of you have been having issues with the radar, particularly with switching between the auto aquire modes and the RWS/TWS modes, there was a undocumented change in the radar interface which slipped through my hands so that it would work perfectly for some but not for others. The issue has been fixed and Im getting KC to upload it pronto and if he is too sleepy (he has been working rather hard....) ill do it myself :icon_lol:. Apologies to all..

cortomalteseit
November 27th, 2011, 02:51
Gorgeous bird! What about framerate impact? Thanks

jeansy
November 27th, 2011, 02:56

thats what i was worried about at purchase,

but theres next to none thats one of the beaut things about this

cortomalteseit
November 27th, 2011, 02:59

Thanks, jeansy!
Looking foward to buy it soon..

Naruto-kun
November 27th, 2011, 03:00

By the time the last upgrades are done you might expect not only more functionality but even better performance.

jim
November 27th, 2011, 06:29
How do I get the ordnance to show up on the aircraft?

krazycolin
November 27th, 2011, 06:48
Shift 3

jim
November 27th, 2011, 06:59
Shift 3 works for adding the ordnance to the aircraft, but when I go to view the aircraft there are no missles, bombs or fuel tanks hanging off the aircraft. What am I doing wrong?

ColoKent
November 27th, 2011, 07:09
1. Turning UAC off
2. Checking to ensure the right entries are in your FSX.dll file?

And just for grins, I'd do a system restart too. Mine was not working, and then suddenly-- it was working. I made no changes, my UAC had been off....the only thing I can figure is that I did a restart...

Kent

dougal
November 27th, 2011, 07:16
Oh wow! Go away for couple of days and look what happens - way to go Milviz! i didn't see this coming AT ALL!

I wish you guys every success with this baby, and hope you can continue to keep raising the bar....

krazycolin
November 27th, 2011, 07:37
When you load fsx, aree you seeing the two dialogs asking to run?

Skyhawk_310R
November 27th, 2011, 07:44
Rob,

I am very politely going to ask that you not call what I post as being "propaganda." I served 24 years in the USAF and retired with the rank of Major and flew over 2,500 combat sorties. I have no fewer than a dozen close and personal friends of mine whom I work with on a daiily basis who logged hours and are IP's in the F-15E, including one who graduated from the USAF Weapons School. The information I posted was for illustrative purposes only, but the background I provided was rooted in knowledge of what the USAF is working on to help keep fighter crews from having their arms dislocated or broken by rearward flail. Things change and the USAF is changing the seats in the F-15E. That is not propaganda but instead is accurate information. In addition, it was to answer a question from another customer who asked for background on it.

But beyond all that, please consider that what you post is a reflection on each of us. And I believe I have never attacked you, but rather instead tried to show great respect to you and for your views.

I thank you kindly. And please understand I will not carry further conversations with you. You have the stage sir as you may wish to use it with my compliments.

Cheers,

Ken

Javis
November 27th, 2011, 07:51
"Norton 360 antivirus says to have found a 'Trojan.Gen' in Milviz_F-15E.exe "Thats the F1 installer , standard warning and common to these , there is no virus , the temporary closing of norton or designation as safe will allow it to install.

Thanks! Can't be too careful, can you..

Up and away now:

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f15a.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f15b.jpg

http://sectionf8.com/f86files/f15c.jpg

Now to land the monster and walk away from it..

Beautifully modelled inside and out ! :applause:

cheers,
jan

fsafranek
November 27th, 2011, 07:54
So, given the choices, I released it.

I have decided to leave the price as is for now... I think that, for what it is, (good enough but not 1000000%) it's more than fair.

I would like to make a poll... and see what others say....

a good idea?
She certainly looks nice and is getting good comments/screenshots. And if improvements are warranted and within the skill set of the customer base they will come. Based on previous threads it was a very anticipated model so I think you did the right thing is releasing it. You can't improve or update something that doesn't exist.
:ernae:

dougal
November 27th, 2011, 08:04
Rob,

I am very politely going to ask that you not call what I post as being "propaganda." I served 24 years in the USAF and retired with the rank of Major and flew over 2,500 combat sorties. I have no fewer than a dozen close and personal friends of mine whom I work with on a daiily basis who logged hours and are IP's in the F-15E, including one who graduated from the USAF Weapons School. The information I posted was for illustrative purposes only, but the background I provided was rooted in knowledge of what the USAF is working on to help keep fighter crews from having their arms dislocated or broken by rearward flail. Things change and the USAF is changing the seats in the F-15E. That is not propaganda but instead is accurate information. In addition, it was to answer a question from another customer who asked for background on it.

But beyond all that, please consider that what you post is a reflection on each of us. And I believe I have never attacked you, but rather instead tried to show great respect to you and for your views.

I thank you kindly. And please understand I will not carry further conversations with you. You have the stage sir as you may wish to use it with my compliments.

Cheers,

Ken

Brilliantly put Ken.

I too was more than a little surprised to see, not only the word used, but that others did not seem to object at the term. I certainly do.

As you state, hopefully that is the end of it.

I'm downloading as I type;-)

krazycolin
November 27th, 2011, 08:47
The armrests will be removed first SP. next week.

robert_basil
November 27th, 2011, 09:38
Rob,

Cheers,

Ken

Ken,

I am mearly pointing out what I know are inaccuracies from what I know from my military and F-15E experience in the ACES II seat they are using as a whole! I am sorry you took offence to the word "propaganda" but here is the definition from wiki on the word!

Propaganda is a form of communication that is aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position so as to benefit oneself or one's group.
As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda is often biased, with facts selectively presented (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political, or other type of agenda.

I used the word because the link you provided does NOT support your claim of them putting that next generation seat into the F-15E, and I can guarantee you cannot find me a real life example of that seat in the F-15....hence it is an inaccuracy, and a big one in my opinion! It is no different than them putting a Lazy-Boy recliner in there and me giving a link to Lazy-Boy and stating that they are going to upgrade to those in the future!
I respect your opinion and I am ONLY trying to help by pointing these things out, but get bashed in the process. I can see that my help is being taken out of context and will refrain from pointing things out in the future!

P.S.
Oh and Colin, please address that FLCS, the real F-15 doesn't have a sticking coming out of a hole in the floor. Thanks ever so much.

Take care,
Rob

skyhawka4m
November 27th, 2011, 09:53
I haven't bought this ....yet....but I have to ask this question...Are we all in training to fly the real F-15? Does it really matter that the FLCS is coming out of a hole in the floor? Last time I checked this was a SIMULATOR! This is beginning to take the fun out of what I enjoy about FSX/FS9 as we are seeking way to complex aircraft and frankly its most likely loosing people in the process.

Lets get back to the FUN of the simulator not the hole in the floor where the FLCS is coming through. Ok...back to flying my mustangs!

jim
November 27th, 2011, 10:12
OK, I've deleted all referances to Milviz F15, Disabled My Malware & Norton Security software. Disabled my UAC. Downloaded Milviz F15E & installed itinto FSX. It doesn't ask for anything about "dll" stuff. The plane flies normal. Everything is normal except loading ordnance. The only thing that shows up is the Lantirn Pod. I cannot find the DLLs using the information shown on this discussion. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Will accept any & all help in getting this to run properly.

krazycolin
November 27th, 2011, 10:16
See here. http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1415

RobM
November 27th, 2011, 10:22
Same problem as others are reporting: unable to load weapons/drop tanks from the
shift+F3 pay load screen, no Milviz entries showing in the dll (although everybody
else has entries there from A2A to Warbirsim), no messages when I start FSX, and
UAC is off.

I'm using MSE, which I didn't bother turning off when I installed, but there were no
obvious problems with the download or the install.

I've tried re-starting, although I've had the plane since yesterday, and I also tried
re-installing from within the Milviz drive C folder, but no luck.

Also, the FPS is all over the road on the ground and in the air, but usually around the low
teens flying at 20,000 over Orbyx PNW ( I have the FPS locked at 30). The VRS Superbug
gets consistent mid 20's by comparison.

Since some people are reporting no problem in FPS, I'm wondering if I have a corrupted
download (although as said, there was no indication of this when I downloaded and installed,
everything seemed to go fine).

I haven't tried editing the dll file before; is it easy, like editing the cfg file, just typing in?
If so, then I could try doing that.

Otherwise a really good looking plane, certainly in looks comparable to the Supebug.

Thanks - RobM

jim
November 27th, 2011, 11:08
iT WORKS! Thanks to all & "Krazycollin".

HvyEng
November 27th, 2011, 11:18
Howdy Ya’ll,

I bought it and love it, well worth the investment.
For the weapons issue, adding:

+Launch.Addon*<o:p></o:p>
+Name*MILVIZPACK+/Name*<o:p></o:p>
+Disabled*False+/Disabled*<o:p></o:p>
+ManualLoad*true+/ManualLoad*<o:p></o:p>
+Path*Modules\MILVIZ\Milviz_pack.dll+/Path*<o:p></o:p>
+DllStartName*module_init+/DllStartName*<o:p></o:p>
+DllStopName*module_deinit+/DllStopName*<o:p></o:p>
+/Launch.Addon*<o:p></o:p>
+Launch.Addon*<o:p></o:p>
+Name*F15E NAV WAYPOINT MANAGER+/Name*<o:p></o:p>
+Disabled*False+/Disabled*<o:p></o:p>
+ManualLoad*true+/ManualLoad*<o:p></o:p>
+Path*Modules\MILVIZ\F15e_Nav.dll+/Path*<o:p></o:p>
+DllStartName*module_init+/DllStartName*<o:p></o:p>
+DllStopName*module_deinit+/DllStopName*<o:p></o:p>
+/Launch.Addon*<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
to xml.dll before the +/SimBase.Document* entry fixed it for me. (Replace the + with < and the * with >)<o:p></o:p>

To fix the acft view try:

[Views]
eyepoint = 21.8, -0.005, 2.1
//eyepoint = 22.4, -0.005, 2.1
//eyepoint = 0 , 0 , 0

For the tailhook try:

[TailHook]
tailhook_length = 7
tailhook_position = -14.50, 0, -2.40
//tailhook_length = 4
//tailhook_position = -23.50, 0, -9.60
cable_force_adjust = 1

Two quick questions,

1. I can’t seem to get the AB’s to light, there is a blue graphic internally but the turkey feathers never open. Is there a switch setting that will affect this?

2. The bright/dim setting on the MPD/MPCD and Hud only affects certain symbols, is there another switch combo to dim the other symbols?

Thanks,
--Dan

krazycolin
November 27th, 2011, 11:28
Burners are coming next week. Support forums for the other please

fliger747
November 27th, 2011, 12:13
For Jim:

Shift 3 brings up the dialog to load external stores. From there you should be able to select various stores for each hard point. The weight and stores should show both on the plane at the top of the box and as a weight. If the weight is not increasing with each store, they are not loading, suggesting that the Dll in the milviz module has not loaded. In that case try the support forum.

Cheers: T

skyblazer3
November 27th, 2011, 13:51
I am not having any luck -- manually adding the Dlls or not. I think I might re-download the current version (I had the version that was pulled after a few hours). I need to get this figured out in the next few hours before I actually have to do real work :(

Great airplane though.

robert_basil
November 27th, 2011, 13:57
I haven't bought this ....yet....but I have to ask this question...Are we all in training to fly the real F-15? Does it really matter that the FLCS is coming out of a hole in the floor? Last time I checked this was a SIMULATOR! This is beginning to take the fun out of what I enjoy about FSX/FS9 as we are seeking way to complex aircraft and frankly its most likely loosing people in the process.

Lets get back to the FUN of the simulator not the hole in the floor where the FLCS is coming through. Ok...back to flying my mustangs!

Skyhawka4m,

If I may ask, how is it that you know that it is a P-51 Mustang you are going to go back to flying and not a P-47 Thunderbolt or a Spitfire? It is because the devil is in the details and someone took the time to research put those details into the simulator.
If it is just a flight simulator then all you need is a fuselage , wings and a tail, there is no need for details, flight characteristics, or any other such things, BUT the second you put a designation on it such as P-51, P-47, F-18, F-15C, D or E, or any other designation..then the details matter!
I apologize if my love and passion for this bird are coming off as negative in anyway, but for some people it is more than just a plane. For some it is more than just pieces of metal held together with rivets and bolts, it is more than just wiring and switchs! For some it is something they have worked on or in for years or decades! For some it is something that has either saved their life or their brother in arms life on the ground and in the trenchs! For some it is something that they depended on to get them home as a victor and not a statistic.
So forgive me if someone wants to make a simulation and put the F-15 designation on it and I want to honor my devotion to it and hold them to high standards to make it as realisic and accurate as possible! I just feel it is my obligation out of respect to do so, and it is within their capabilities to correct the issue!

Please make it possible,
Rob

Barnes
November 27th, 2011, 14:22
Rob - have you actually bought this product?

N2056
November 27th, 2011, 14:35
At some point I'm afraid that you are going to have to accept that for now it is what it is. It has been stated that it is intended to be improved upon. Your original posts were reasonable, but after you have already said you would let it go and then you keep coming back for more I guess it's time to say this needs to stop.

skyblazer3
November 27th, 2011, 14:47
Well, I just installed the current version of the Eagle (the one I'm sure you all have) -- and it is a whole different aircraft! More functionality, switches in different places, and I actually have a fuel slider in my loadout page.

I did have to manually input the .dll files. Frame-rates took a hit on this version -- but I guess everything is a compromise. I really like the bird. Thanks again Milviz.

strykerpsg
November 27th, 2011, 15:15
Skyhawka4m,

If I may ask, how is it that you know that it is a P-51 Mustang you are going to go back to flying and not a P-47 Thunderbolt or a Spitfire? It is because the devil is in the details and someone took the time to research put those details into the simulator.
If it is just a flight simulator then all you need is a fuselage , wings and a tail, there is no need for details, flight characteristics, or any other such things, BUT the second you put a designation on it such as P-51, P-47, F-18, F-15C, D or E, or any other designation..then the details matter!
I apologize if my love and passion for this bird are coming off as negative in anyway, but for some people it is more than just a plane. For some it is more than just pieces of metal held together with rivets and bolts, it is more than just wiring and switchs! For some it is something they have worked on or in for years or decades! For some it is something that has either saved their life or their brother in arms life on the ground and in the trenchs! For some it is something that they depended on to get them home as a victor and not a statistic.
So forgive me if someone wants to make a simulation and put the F-15 designation on it and I want to honor my devotion to it and hold them to high standards to make it as realisic and accurate as possible! I just feel it is my obligation out of respect to do so, and it is within their capabilities to correct the issue!

Please make it possible,
Rob

Rob,

Fully understand and appreciate your attention to detail. You are right in stating it is the attention in the details that inspire sales. It's also the innovation and bringing the dream of simulated flight to those that either cannot obtain that goal or have life paths that will not take them into most, if not all the aircraft represented by the various flight simulators. I for one, raised as an Air Force brat, growing up around many afterburner takeoffs, fly-bys and airshows, had a vivid dream of flight. However, because of vision flaws, would never qualify to be a pilot within the military.

Enter into the advent of computers and flight sims. I was in nirvana and so enamored with the early titles by Microprose and Microsoft, that I began living the dream, vicariously through the computer. Those were the heady days of the study simulations. Much button pushing, moving of levers and very simplistic joysticks. Those study sim publisher began to dry up and whither away, mostly due to costs and also attributed to a shifting market. However, Microsoft continued its course, but it too has lost its interest in study sim and now looks to a more lite sim variant with its upcoming Flight release.

It is the dedication of fewer and fewer designers, artists and coders that keep this current title alive. While there are many add ons out there for this great title, look no further than FS9 and it's dwindling support. Does Orbx accurately display all streets, houses and scenery with 100% accuracy, no. But their scenery is some of the best out there, no offense to other scenery makers. Is every FSX publishers aircraft, helicopter or boat 100% accurate, no. But how many of us will ever operate or own one to tell the difference? Few.

I am trying to establish that while your comments, valuable as they may be, are extremely draining on both customers, developers and potential buyers. Colin and crew have put together many fantastic products, including their T-38, which you refuse to purchase because you couldn't figure out the AV firewall.

We are blessed to have people such as yourself, with a passion to accurately represent their machines with high fidelity, but it is what it is. You need not purchase it for it's glaring inaccuracies, but I for one am tired of hearing the nitpicking. I will never fly an F-15 in real life, but I can tell you, I have flown the MILVIZ Mudhen, and it's fantastic! Thank you for your service to your country and I am certain, with your attention to detail, your maintained birds were never down due to anything you overlooked. So, can you cut them some slack and allow them to fix the more obvious missing or errant things and allow all to enjoy the MILVIZ product?

Matt

MenendezDiego
November 27th, 2011, 17:22
It looks to me that the general consensus is people are enjoying this bird :)

Now would be a great time to purchase the T-38 as well since it's on sale :)

Regards, Diego

strykerpsg
November 27th, 2011, 17:24
I didn't see it on sale....on the Milviz website?

Matt

MenendezDiego
November 27th, 2011, 17:30
Here you are: http://www.milviz.com/fs/item.php?id=T-38A

Regards, Diego

Edit: I should phrase that it is on sale at another site, but you can get it for the lowest price at Milviz :)

krazycolin
November 27th, 2011, 17:43
And it's the one that does two things: a: it gives us the biggest chunk of the pie. Everyone else takes between 20 and 35%. and b: it's guaranteed for 30 days...

1970LT1
November 27th, 2011, 18:09
Gents,

Wow. First, well done to MILVIZ for having the fortitude and dedication to bring this to our community; you certainly had some challenges. I'm a 24 year active duty Navy Captain, and I've served with three of the four DoD services (missing the Army) on exchange tours and what not. Before someone nails me on the Coast Guard, they're DoT. Not much deployed time (just two 8 month deployments), so I won't make Flag. I've met, worked for, and served with pilots of both DoN and USAF flavor. Just met a Marine LtCol the other day who flies F-18s and had an exchange tour in F-15Cs awhile back. We had a really interesting conversation about flying both aircraft types. I've served in a direct Presidential support billet across two Administrations, so I know that there is a time when we need to take the mission very seriously (but not necessarily ourselves). I am not a pilot. I did want to offer some thoughts for whatever they're worth.

As a potential customer, I'm awaiting news of the patch and resolution of the installer issues - thanks for extending the price break. I'm not particularly worried about getting to 100% realism, but I have watched with first interest, and then dismay, as this thread (which should be about a triumph) has gotten wrapped up in the details of this F-15E simulator. I'm trying not to sound pedantic, but I ask my esteemed forum colleagues to consider a few questions (and I say this having always encourged payware constructive criticism - heck, we're paying for it, right?). Are we applying a reasonable metric for even payware. Is 100% accuracy and realism achievable? Is 100% accuracy and realism desired by most of our paying target audience? Is 100% accuracy supported by the business case analysis when you decide about the potential market? I would submit that the answer to all of these questions is "no".

Instead, if the expectation for most everyone was to design and operate these sims at the far end of the bell curve, where exponential increases in time and resources are required to get ever decreasing incremental product improvements, we would not have payware developers that could stay in business, let alone freeware developers. They'd all be bankrupt, or the start-up costs would be prohibitive. Is 90% or even 95% realism reasonable? Perhaps, if we could even measure it.

What would your average F-15E Eagle pilot say (if any of them can be considered "average") if we asked him about this simulator. My guess is that it would be something like (he say it with a slight smile); "Not bad guys. You got a few things wrong, but I'm pretty impressed." My thoughts exactly.

Tonight, I'm going to go kill some alien baddies in Crysis 2. Heck, that's certainly not realistic, but it is fun. Maybe there's something to be said for that as well...cheers, MILVIZ and congratulations on your product.

Regards,

LT1

MenendezDiego
November 27th, 2011, 18:16
Gents,

What would your average F-15E Eagle pilot say (if any of them can be considered "average") if we asked him about this simulator. My guess is that it would be something like (he say it with a slight smile); "Not bad guys. You got a few things wrong, but I'm pretty impressed." My thoughts exactly.

LT1

I showed my ground instructor, (former Lt. Col. F-15A/B/C/D/E pilot), the F-15E, and that was pretty much his response.

"A few things are wrong, but nothing worth mentioning."

In contrast to the Lt. Col. you met, my instructor did an exchange program with the Navy, flying F/A-18C/D's.

Small world :)

Best regards, Diego

krazycolin
November 27th, 2011, 18:17
Ya know, you nailed it. I am, to be honest, WAY more concerned with people who bought it and are having issues than with the rivet count. That's where my concentration is right now and believe me, I am dealing with several people all at the same time trying to resolve their issues...

Not easy. I would rather be doing fixes...

skyblazer3
November 27th, 2011, 18:27
For sure -- you guys are doing great work on customer support.

My father flew about 6,000 hours in fighters, from the F-86 to the F-4. I'm a private pilot with about 70 hours -- so I am approaching his level of experience :)......

He really likes flight sim, he thinks it's amazing we can do all the things we do in this sim. When I've let him fly aircraft that he flew in his career in sim, I always ask, "does it fly anything like the real thing?". He always answers, "No, it flies like a computer -- but it still feels pretty good."

This Eagle feels great, It is such a joy to fly. Thanks again Milviz. Get some rest -- and then fix these small bugs!

Cheers,

Chris

DennyA
November 27th, 2011, 18:34
Rob,

Are you an F-15 pilot, or former F-15 pilot? Or just a seriously intense F-15 fan?

I understand your desire to have it as realistic as possible, but as someone who's flown in an F-15, I find your comment "it's not make-believe, it's a simulation" hilarious. No matter how accurate the armrests or rivet count, flying an FSX fighter is nothing like flying in a real high-performance aircraft. Even simulated laser combat in a T-34 is 1,000x more intense than the best home cockpit setup.

Please step back and consider that FSX aircraft are built by enthusiasts who do it out of passion, but have realistic limitations in the the time, data sources, sim capabilities, etc that they have available. Even though many FSX planes are priced at a level that seems out of line compared to downloadable content for other AAA game add-ons, nobody who has the talent to make FSX aircraft is doing it for the big money cash reward. Those skills could make them a lot more in other areas. Certainly, a customer is owed a decent product for the money, but at the same time, no simulation is going to be perfect, and it's not realistic for most sim producers to take every piece of feedback they get from the rivet counters and continuously upgrade the planes. They'd never finish, and the planes wouldn't even necessarily be better for the effort in the end. (Look at how the Falcon 4.0 mod teams have turned it it a great simulation for the desk jockeys who think learning the switch sequences to power up the plane are the fun part of jet air combat. Sigh.)

You may have information that they don't that can help make a plane even more authentic, but you might consider the tone of how you share it, and not come across as so critical and combative. To spend many months working hard on a product and have people just slam it for very minor stuff... Well, that's one reason flight sims are nearly dead now. I know many formerly passionate people who just said "f* it" and moved on after years of abusive or nitpicking reactions from sim fans.

The propaganda accusations make me want to go full-on SNL Shatner in response. :) "You may have created a full-on, rivet-accurate simulation of an F-15E with an authentic flight model, but its armrests are wrong, and its joystick is limp. It is worthless, good sir, worthless!"

MenendezDiego
November 27th, 2011, 18:39
So we have a Redditor in the house ;)

N2056
November 27th, 2011, 18:47
Guys, Rob has agreed to let it go, and now it's time for everyone else to do likewise.
Thanks in advance.

skyhawka4m
November 27th, 2011, 20:12
While I trust and believe the folks at MILVIZ...have there been any reviews posted anywhere yet? My PC isn't the top notch unit I'm sure some have and frankly...I'm a jump in and fly kind of simmer.....can this be done in this aircraft without worrying about blowing up an engine?

MenendezDiego
November 27th, 2011, 21:05
While I trust and believe the folks at MILVIZ...have there been any reviews posted anywhere yet? My PC isn't the top notch unit I'm sure some have and frankly...I'm a jump in and fly kind of simmer.....can this be done in this aircraft without worrying about blowing up an engine?

Jeansy shared this with me: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/10228-milviz-f15e/page__pid__73836#entry73836

Regards, Diego

Edit: Scroll down for some amazing screenshots!

strykerpsg
November 27th, 2011, 22:39
Jeansy shared this with me: http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/topic/10228-milviz-f15e/page__pid__73836#entry73836

Regards, Diego

Edit: Scroll down for some amazing screenshots!

Jeansy, great shots on the Ozx forums. What airport scenery are you using? Looks very nice!

Matt

jeansy
November 28th, 2011, 00:09
thanks for dobbing me in :wiggle:

not a problem, while im quick to gripe, i like to give credit where credit is due

the scenery is just the ground textures from the africa and middle east package by ground environment,
which is the perfect package to back up this f15

Chris Sykes
November 28th, 2011, 00:33
I purchased on Saturday and installed, laucnhed FSX and was not able to load weapons, i did notice i didnt have the DLL prompts. So delved into the DLL.xml and no Milviz items. I remembered about the installed for them being metioned in the readme's so ran that with admin and now FSX prompts for the DLL's... Simple fix for me...

Just now need to figure how to lock onto AI and launch AA missiles...

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 01:06
Find a target, make sure you in AA mode and that the radar is ON. switch to AIM 9 and SS on the radar. Get the target into the circle... when you see SHOOT... uh... SHOOT!

wait. watch.

jeansy
November 28th, 2011, 01:12
a few more

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_465931.png

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_625890.png

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 01:21
Those are, especially the last, VERY pretty... I almost thought they were real. Nice!

An-225
November 28th, 2011, 01:53
Do you guys intend to pursue a fix for the .dll load on startup in the future? My credit card is at the ready, but this is the only thing holding me back. :kilroy:

VaporZ
November 28th, 2011, 02:05

I fully agree

Gorgeous bird !

But I will not buy it until I have a precise indication of the framerate ( FPS ) impact of this F-15E directly compared
for example to the Milviz T-38A Talon on a "same PC / same FSX settings configuration" analysis !

Thanks to anyone informing us about it !
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 02:08
We are looking into a fix for this. We have an installer but, on some systems, it doesn't seem to work. Not sure why yet. To be honest, that is one of the priorities to fix.

Keep that card handy!

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 02:09
I fully agree

Gorgeous bird !

But I will not buy it until I have a precise indication of the framerate ( FPS ) impact of this F-15E directly compared
for example to the Milviz T-38A Talon on a "same PC / same FSX settings configuration" analysis !

Thanks to anyone informing us about it !
:mixedsmi:
VaporZ

You do realize that you can buy it and, if you don't like it, return it after 30 days, right?

En faite, pour moi, anyway, ca roule un peu plus lente que le T-38A mais... c'est a cause de les 7 mpds, le HUD et le radar... tout ca cause un drop... Mais, pour moi, toutes (TOUTES) les sliders a droite, j'ai 25 a 30 FPS.

Chris Sykes
November 28th, 2011, 03:02
Find a target, make sure you in AA mode and that the radar is ON. switch to AIM 9 and SS on the radar. Get the target into the circle... when you see SHOOT... uh... SHOOT!

wait. watch.

Thanks for the reply. Will try that when i get on the PC next...

Also is there going to be any additions to the weapons choice in the future such as the BDU-33,50,56 for practice bombings? Also the Mk-8* retarded versions for those low level missions...

ronvking
November 28th, 2011, 09:21
Hi,

Found a very very small error but as theres a patch coming out you might like to consider, on the keyboard below the central display screen you have two 8's and no 9.

Now back to some low level thru the welsh hills.

Cheers Ron

JIMJAM
November 28th, 2011, 09:25
I give up.
Been trying for 30 minutes to buy this thing.
First it was I was unable to extract the prog to a folder. Then at the PAYPAL screen the computer never connected. Switched to CC and now it will not auth the CC.
Now I am at that point where I wonder "did the CC get charged? How many times?
I am also spooked that if I do get the plane is it jinxed.
Unless it surpises me and completes I am going to hold off until at least a patch or 2.
Bummer.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 28th, 2011, 09:26
"Mk-8* retarded versions for those low level missions"

That would be nice , if you are too close with the M82 M84 as it is your going to blow your tail off , that aspect of their range was nicely modeled into the package , self immolation was a little extra built in as an Easter Egg.

cortomalteseit
November 28th, 2011, 10:36
excuse me, but is still the coupon image available? i can't find it on the product page...
cheers

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 11:05
You no longer need it. the price is now 39.99.

For those of you who paid 50, I will be in touch with you shortly about that....

JAllen
November 28th, 2011, 11:31
I am not so much for using weapons in FSX. I just want to fly the plane. So this is working very nicely for me. I can load it up just a little or go clean. Sweet looking Eagle, and the C would be as sweet. Colin, you are hanging onto backup copies of source code? :kilroy:

Jim

JIMJAM
November 28th, 2011, 11:59
Well it was like brain surgery with a chainsaw. Not pretty, not sure whats going to happen later but I did get my plane. Be sure to turn EVERY thing off. My AV was turned off for 15 minutes but because of the long pauses in the purchasing phase I think it came back on and caused some issues.

First impressions. My fps is getting murdered. All other jets and complex such as the A2A's at KEDW run betreen 20-25 which is my set limit. With the Eagle I am getting 10-15 no matter where I go.
Flight model is outstanding:applause:Hud is clear and readable. I had my face pressed against the glass so I backed up my head to my liking and reset my trackir. Since I have edited my cfg. Just rebooted my sys and hope the fps increases. If not maybe someone knows how and if losing the rearview mirrows will help?
Me likey!!!

MenendezDiego
November 28th, 2011, 12:07
I'm glad you were able to resolve the problem!

As for the frames, I usually get outstanding performance, though I must admit since flying DCS A-10C and Falcon 4.0 BMS, I have come to notice FSX is a true frame hog!

For me, it's hit or miss, 75% of the time I get outstanding frames, the other 25% of the time I simply restart FSX :)

Keep a look out for the patch!

All the best, Diego

JIMJAM
November 28th, 2011, 12:37
After a reboot I am noticing less stutters and a slightly better frame rate. I suggest to new owners a reboot and a quick defrag probably wouild not hurt.
Questions- I am only getting one "do you want to load dll" message while opening FSX as opposed to 2 which I think is normal. Problem???
Also, I noticed originally before reboot I had a gps panel I could open. A overly large GPS would appear. Now I do not see that panel and the gps is missing.
And lastly when changing airports or location the engines seem to die. Normal?
No, I have not read the manual but plan to spped read it tonight. Thanks ahead of time. Jim

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 12:44
I will check but I beleive that changing airports or time of day will kill the engines. This isn't DRM, it's the cold and dark that I wanted....

You NEED both dlls. I will check but I beleive that changing airports or time of day will kill the engines. This isn't DRM, it's the cold and dark that I wanted....

You run the installer located in Microsoft Flight Simulator\SimObjects\Airplanes\Milviz F-15E\uninstaller manually (this will do the trick). NOTE: NOT THE UNINSTALLER!!!!

noddy
November 28th, 2011, 12:58

Still trying to figure out the weapons, I got asked to accept the .dll which I did, then go into the weapons loader and nothing shows?

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 13:04
see above!

noddy
November 28th, 2011, 13:50
Cheers KC that got it.

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 13:57
For any users that are experiencing issues, or for a run down of the major bugs and what we are doing about them, please go here. This also contains a run down on how to install the aircraft, of the items being worked on in the service pack and what to do temporarily while we are finishing them

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1435&p=10552#p10552

I apologize for the inconvenience some of you have experienced.

Colin

Barnes
November 28th, 2011, 14:05
For all users who have purchased (or wish to) I have made a troubleshooting guide.

http://www.milviz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1435&p=10552#p10552

We will be fixing most if not all of those before the weekend as well as others that slipped past us.

I apologize for the inconvenience some of you have experienced.

Colin

Your definately forgiven - your customer service is examplary :applause::applause::applause:

krazycolin
November 28th, 2011, 14:39
That is the nicest thing one could say to a dev. (other than WOW SUPER HOT!!! HERE'S ALL MY MONEY!!!)

guyneild
November 28th, 2011, 15:43
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-GB</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="&#45;-"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> I would like to also say thank you for your excellent customer service, :salute:

I have never had a personal email from a developer in my in box out lining a few simple things to help me through the minor teething problems before, I had already sorted the no weapons show with help from Dave T, we had a successful multiplayer session and both of us managed to shoot down AI and each other in the session.

I am looking forward to our next online session when we will attempt A/G targets, thank you for a fantastic product and support. :applause:

Guy.

MenendezDiego
November 28th, 2011, 16:23
Cheers KC that got.

Amazing shot!

Skyhawk_310R
November 28th, 2011, 17:00
Hi,Found a very very small error but as theres a patch coming out you might like to consider, on the keyboard below the central display screen you have two 8's and no 9.Now back to some low level thru the welsh hills.Cheers Ron

Ron, you are correct and it is on the SP fix list. It is just a texture issue that will be fixed in the SP. The button still functions like it is the "9" key.

Ken

strykerpsg
November 28th, 2011, 17:28
a few more

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_465931.png

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_625890.png

Jeansy, I'm with Colin, I thought those were real pictures! Wow!

Matt

Naruto-kun
November 29th, 2011, 00:02
AWESOME SHOTS!!

skyblazer3
November 29th, 2011, 00:10
Reinstalled, Ran as Admin, ran the Installer inside the aircraft folder........ got the DLLs, and it is WONDERFUL.

Got my first A-A Kill with an AIM-9; Never thought I would see that in FSX. Thank you Milviz, and thanks for all your support.

Only problem is that my frame rates are about 10FPS with my settings way down. I usually stay locked at 30FPS with other aircraft and high settings.

Any suggestions? More RAM?

Thanks,

Chris

Naruto-kun
November 29th, 2011, 03:53
It seems 32bit textures instead of DXT5 ended up in the VC folder. Addressed in the upcoming patch.

Chris Sykes
November 29th, 2011, 12:10
HI,

im trying to imput a manual target using the following coords;

58 37 02 63
04 52 20 22

Which is garvie island, i havent been able tinput either lat or lon but i managed to enter the lat, however lon wont take it...

would really appreciate a simple step by step guide as the video didnt explain it fully...

krazycolin
November 29th, 2011, 12:47
Please go over to our forums... and ask there... you will get your answer.

If you are not yet a member, please contact roadburner440@milviz.com and he will set you up.

Thanks for your purchase...

noddy
November 29th, 2011, 13:29
A couple more.

53307 53306

MenendezDiego
November 29th, 2011, 23:30
Jeez Noddy,

You're making us all blush.

I guess when you spend so much time with a particular aircraft (as I did with this one during testing) you forget how beautiful she is.

Thanks for giving us a new perspective of this bird!

Regards, Diego

Dave Torkington
November 30th, 2011, 14:16
Outstanding aircraft you've developed here - made my first A/G wep's test and you can see the result... My port engine sustained damage and I had to limp back home. Served me right I say!

Brilliant support from MilViz - Colin of course and the team.

krazycolin
November 30th, 2011, 15:33
Nice "shot"! Try using a maverick next time maybe? (ah those poor navy pukes) I think it might actually sink the ship... not 100% sure about that...

fox18delta
November 30th, 2011, 16:48
Nice pics ! Fast and low !

...watch those "frag" patterns LOL
Check out Chapter #6

Take care and thanks for the pics
paul

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/docs/15V3.pdf

Outstanding aircraft you've developed here - made my first A/G wep's test and you can see the result... My port engine sustained damage and I had to limp back home. Served me right I say!

fliger747
November 30th, 2011, 21:37
Gee Colin, wish it looked a bit more like an F-15......

Great plane! T

Naruto-kun
December 1st, 2011, 02:21

You can hit targets with dumb bombs quite easily from 16000 AGL with the CCIP :icon_lol:. I didnt get to take any screens but I was out on Dare County range at KGSB the other day and I scored a direct hit from 16000 on a small building with a Mk-84.

MenendezDiego
December 1st, 2011, 20:14
Just a quick update guys,

The patch is moving forward, and should be ready sometime this Saturday.

Thanks for being patient!

Regards, Diego

krazycolin
December 2nd, 2011, 04:03
Slight revision to DM's post... It will more than likely be sundayvor Monday. We want to test them and make sure all is well

Thanks for your patience

cortomalteseit
December 2nd, 2011, 04:10
Slight revision to DM's post... It will more than likely be sundayvor Monday. We want to test them and make sure all is well

Thanks for your patience

Thanks to you and all Milviz team for the hard work you're doing. The best result is given by a calm and accurate work, so one or two days more, for me it's not important.
Looking forward for this patch,
regards

Chris Sykes
December 2nd, 2011, 05:53
Still not able to imput a target coord, nor have i got my forum account yet... :sleep:
Is any one else able to input a manual target? If so what steps did you take?

IanHenry
December 2nd, 2011, 10:00
Hello,
I bought the F-15 midweek, and have been trying to register on the Milvizforum, but I can’t se an obvious link to register. I can see the one to loginbut not register!<o:p></o:p>
I do have aproblem with the F-15. Sometimes after I have finished a flight (and sometimesbefore it loads) I get a CTD, any suggestions?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

mbmorgan
December 2nd, 2011, 10:21
Hello,
I bought the F-15 midweek, and have been trying to register on the Milvizforum, but I can’t se an obvious link to register. I can see the one to loginbut not register!<o:p></o:p>
I do have aproblem with the F-15. Sometimes after I have finished a flight (and sometimesbefore it loads) I get a CTD, any suggestions?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Regards,<o:p></o:p>
Ian.

Ian,

Just send an email to roadburner440 at milviz dot com and ask to be set up with access to the support forum.

Regards,
Mike

IanHenry
December 2nd, 2011, 11:57
Thanks Mike, I've just sent them an e-mail.

Regards,
Ian.

krazycolin
December 2nd, 2011, 12:30
And we've replied!!!

UnknownGuest12
December 3rd, 2011, 15:10
Not able to buy after several attempts with my credit card on flight one.
Got "declined" several times. Wonder why...
Will try again but this is quite annoying...

Regards

Roadburner440
December 3rd, 2011, 16:07
Just wanted to come on and let everyone know that we are working more on the SP, and that we are pushing to have it out to everyone by the end of next week. More to follow as I have more details Been in the process of moving, and settling in my new location so I have a lot to catch up on since I have been gone. Glad to see you guys are enjoying the bird though, and hope everyone continues to have fun flying her.

Roadburner440
December 3rd, 2011, 16:08
Not able to buy after several attempts with my credit card on flight one.
Got "declined" several times. Wonder why...
Will try again but this is quite annoying...

Regards

I do apologize that you are having these issues. If you continue having this problem and cannot resolve it through Flight1 please email me at Roadburner440@milviz.com and I will do my best to take care of this for you.

jeansy
December 5th, 2011, 20:54
a few WIP pics

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_215485.png

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_242967.png

im starting to get the painting itch again

dougal
December 6th, 2011, 05:47
a few WIP pics

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_215485.png

http://aussiex.org/forum/uploads/gallery/album_139/gallery_546_139_242967.png

im starting to get the painting itch again

Bl00dy hell! They look like photo's

Gonna HAVE to go buy it now you rotter:icon_lol:

Skyhawk_310R
December 6th, 2011, 18:07
Wow! The quality of the screenshots some of you folks are taking is amazing! Great job, Matt!

Did you also do that livery?

Ken

jeansy
December 6th, 2011, 21:32
Wow! The quality of the screenshots some of you folks are taking is amazing! Great job, Matt!

Did you also do that livery?

Ken

thanks

Yes Ken, its still a work in progress until i find time to finish it

Skyhawk_310R
December 7th, 2011, 14:03
Well it looks like a full on labor of love! BTW: is it a fictional livery? I was not aware that Australia had F-15E's.

Ken

Naki
December 7th, 2011, 15:03
No they dont have F-15Es. They may of been an option but got F-18Fs instead.

BTW looks a very nice model and excellent repaint Matt.

Rattler
December 8th, 2011, 11:46
Atlast the Strike Eagle is here,,,,,,, Downloading Now!!!!, Oh My!! :salute::salute::salute:

MenendezDiego
December 8th, 2011, 18:41
Just a quick update, about to test the service pack.

Will report back soon :)

Regards, Diego

MenendezDiego
December 8th, 2011, 23:40
Well needless to say, I got distracted.

Yes, I did test the new patch, but I spent most of my time (literally 20 minutes) looking around the cockpit. I have to say, the 4 days away from my PC did me good. I am now able to really see what we have created. The only cockpit that I can think of that comes close is the VRS F/A-18E. Here are some shots I took while exploring the pits.

BE SURE TO GET IMAGE ADDRESS AND VIEW IN FULL 1920X1200

Anyone who has ever seen an F-15E at an airshow knows this view:

http://i.imgur.com/JHAbE.jpg

Here is a closer view:

http://i.imgur.com/unrFf.jpg

And here is the pilots view:

http://i.imgur.com/c2tpK.jpg

Do not forget, the WSO cockpit got the same treatment.

I think it is safe to say we have the best cockpit painter in the business!

Back to work tomorrow, then back to testing!

All the best, Diego

skyhawka4m
December 9th, 2011, 02:46
was very close to buying this last night but got turned off by the issues with installing...its too bad as I only have room in my sim for one F-15E........will the SP address the installation issues?

skyblazer3
December 9th, 2011, 05:09
Last night MIlviz facebook page said they had solved the install issue. Let the good times Roll!

cortomalteseit
December 9th, 2011, 06:03
oh, yeah!!!!

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/8840/201112521270261.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/440/201112521270261.jpg/)

Naruto-kun
December 9th, 2011, 06:45
HOLY!!!! I friggen coded on the darned thing but she has never looked so good as there....

Naruto-kun
December 9th, 2011, 06:55
Just on a side note, the installer issue is FIXED but it hasnt been put out YET. Ironing out some cockpit lighting issues first and putting them awesome burners in.

MenendezDiego
December 9th, 2011, 13:54
You'd think the GBU's and LGB's would be the hard bombs to model :icon_lol:

Anyways, WE HAVE DUMB BOMBS WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/ETNV3.jpg

fliger747
December 10th, 2011, 11:53
Surprisingly the Guided bombs ar easier as they have flight properties that can be controlled by the .DLL whereas the "dumb bombs are just that, at the mercy of the MS version of how the world works. Ocassionally a few odd corners in the MS world....

T

Skyhawk_310R
December 10th, 2011, 13:33
The SP1 we are testing has solved a number of the reported issues. Among them is that the air-to-air radar is fully functional now including the button coded lock and break lock buttons using FSX commands. This will be very handy for customers who like to mix it up in the furballs!

I will also certify that the dumb bombs are functioning as they should.

This is just the first test run of the SP and we are wanting to tweak a few more issues before releasing it. But, I think everyone will be very happy with what they get from it.

Ken

PLUTO16
December 11th, 2011, 00:21
Nice bird,I think for much reasons is going to be a "must have" in our virtual hangars. It's on my mind to buy it,but I have some questions:

How is the framerate in multiplayer environmnt? (i mean at least 5/6 birds)?
In multiplayer,is possible for other players to look at your bombs dropping & exploding?
Did you have problems of CTD issues after some kind of events (explosions,animations, & so on ) ?

Thanks
Ale

Rattler
December 11th, 2011, 06:45
I am sorry if this question has been addressed already but, am I correct in saying that I saw something about a Patch for the "Mudhen" been released Yesterday , Or Hoped to be Released?:salute::salute::salute:

Skyhawk_310R
December 11th, 2011, 07:26
SP1 is in testing with the development team at this time. It has not yet been released.

In terms of the framerates with multiple aircraft, I find it is framerate friendly. Using the AI that I created, when on the ground surrounded by a half dozen other F-15E's (AI) my frames are still good. It is only when I am surrounded by a dozen or more in close proximity that I notice a degradation of framerates. Many customers have reported they are very happy with their framerates, but since that is nearly entirely determined by an individual's computer specs', it is very difficult to tell you precisely what your experience will be. Overall, I find it is on par with the general aviation add on aircraft I have purchased in the past and I suspect you will have a very nice experience with it.

Also, we designed a specific jet optimized for multi-player, and you should be able to see your weapons fire. The release of weapons should not cause CTD's. Most of the present issues were a result of the DLL's not loading, and the SP1 will automatically load them for you and therefore should solve that issue.

Ken

Merlin216
December 11th, 2011, 07:36
Nice bird,I think for much reasons is going to be a "must have" in our virtual hangars. It's on my mind to buy it,but I have some questions:

How is the framerate in multiplayer environmnt? (i mean at least 5/6 birds)?
In multiplayer,is possible for other players to look at your bombs dropping & exploding?
Did you have problems of CTD issues after some kind of events (explosions,animations, & so on ) ?

Thanks
Ale

I think someone said they had 4 F-15s in a session comfortably. I can say from the two ship side that I had no problems. Currently the VC is a little laggy for me, but they said there is a problem that is being fixed in the SP to resolve that. They will also have a FPS friendly VC version.

No CTDs on my end. I also don't recall reading anything about CTDs on the Milviz forums, mostly issues with the install and DLLs.

http://i.imgur.com/Bm5N1l.jpg

(http://imgur.com/Bm5N1)http://i.imgur.com/pSvHil.jpg (http://imgur.com/pSvHi)

http://i.imgur.com/4nXXtl.jpg (http://imgur.com/4nXXt)

http://i.imgur.com/Wwdjbl.jpg (http://imgur.com/Wwdjb)

PLUTO16
December 11th, 2011, 12:39
SP1 is in testing with the development team at this time. It has not yet been released.

In terms of the framerates with multiple aircraft, I find it is framerate friendly. Using the AI that I created, when on the ground surrounded by a half dozen other F-15E's (AI) my frames are still good. It is only when I am surrounded by a dozen or more in close proximity that I notice a degradation of framerates. Many customers have reported they are very happy with their framerates, but since that is nearly entirely determined by an individual's computer specs', it is very difficult to tell you precisely what your experience will be. Overall, I find it is on par with the general aviation add on aircraft I have purchased in the past and I suspect you will have a very nice experience with it.

Also, we designed a specific jet optimized for multi-player, and you should be able to see your weapons fire. The release of weapons should not cause CTD's. Most of the present issues were a result of the DLL's not loading, and the SP1 will automatically load them for you and therefore should solve that issue.

Ken

Thank you very much Ken,your answer solved many of my questions.
For the framerate,You are right,is depending from the PC's specs,and for me the only way to have an idea is to know the number of polys in the model...Is possible to know how much polys your bird have? (Single player + Multiplayer version?)
Just one more...Talking about multiplayer environment,is there a possibility to look at the weapons operations and effects of other players? I think this is a very important issue for multiplayer realism..

Skyhawk_310R
December 11th, 2011, 12:46
My understanding is that if you use the dedicated MP version of the jet that you can interactively see weapons for anyone you are up against.

I honestly have no idea what the poly count is on the jet. Colin would be the one to answer that question.

Ken

daisan
December 11th, 2011, 13:07
The MP version is really heavy: 157077 in external and 121794 VC counted with ModelconverterX

Non-MP version has the same VC and same polygons and external is 298068, probably a record in my system.

PLUTO16
December 11th, 2011, 13:20
The MP version is really heavy: 157077 in external and 121794 VC counted with ModelconverterX

Non-MP version has the same VC and same polygons and external is 298068, probably a record in my system.

Ok,thank you! For me is definitely a "no go" information. 157000 polys are too much,if the model is intended for MP environment!! I think a good number of polys,for a group of fighters,is maximum 70/80000 each.....157000 is sure eye-candy,but is a frame (and server) killer.

JAllen
December 11th, 2011, 13:55
So happy I am NOT all wrapped up in multiplayer. The disappointment would be intense.

Roadburner440
December 11th, 2011, 14:07
Ok,thank you! For me is definitely a "no go" information. 157000 polys are too much,if the model is intended for MP environment!! I think a good number of polys,for a group of fighters,is maximum 70/80000 each.....157000 is sure eye-candy,but is a frame (and server) killer.

I do understand these concerns, however 157,000 would be if you had every single weaons available within the MDL loaded on the aircraft at one time. In the simulator the weapons are loaded in any configuration you wish, and the average loadout would run you around 100,000 poly's in sim. Still above your desired 70/80,000 limit for MP, but I do think the tradeoff in these areas is worth the added benefit. I myself do not use multiplayer, but MendezDiego, and Jon do quite frequently. I am sure there are others flying the F-15 in multiplayer as well.