PDA

View Full Version : RTWR Celebration Flight to Catalina!

falcon409
February 25th, 2012, 11:49
Great turnout for the flight from Edwards to Catalina with a quick touch n' go on Rwy 16R at Van Nuys. I think I heard a total of 27 pilots mentioned at one point. Pretty impressive numbers and the most I've ever seen on the SOH Flight Server. I have posted some pics (I'm in the Tigercat). Unfortunately, of the 27 pilots and their selective steeds I only had a few that showed what they were really flying, everything else was Cessna's, but at least you get an idea of the size of the group.

Well done Team SOH and well done to the other teams from Avsim and flightsim.:applause::applause::applause:

PRB
February 25th, 2012, 14:23
Nice kodaks, falcon. Did you replace FSX default textures along the way? I like your grassy looking textures for Catalina. Looks better than my desert looking Catalina...

falcon409
February 25th, 2012, 14:39
Nice kodaks, falcon. Did you replace FSX default textures along the way? I like your grassy looking textures for Catalina. Looks better than my desert looking Catalina...
I think that's GEX. You'd think I'd know for sure, but I also have PNW as well, so it may be a little of both, lol.:kilroy:

PRB
February 25th, 2012, 15:06
Rgr, thanks falcon. I have both REX and PNW, but I uninstalled GEX because I didn't like what it did to the water. Although I did keep the GEX clouds... Now I have to figure out how to get just the grass textures back... :)