PDA

View Full Version : OT: My Father passed away

Autothrottle
February 24th, 2012, 20:59
Hello all,

I know its been a long battle with illness, My dad of 63 years collapsed in hospital and passed on Thursday. Why he was really so special is that he knew of my love of aircraft and I even got Ted's Heinkel 177 on his birthday last year. I guess I'll be flying alone for the rest of the way. Rest in Peace Dad!

P.S. Ted, He shared the same name with you.

Cuttles
February 24th, 2012, 21:58
Even though I don't know your family, fromexperience I know it's a very sad time for everyone: even more so when interests are shared. Very sorry and sympathy to you and your family.

Frosty
February 24th, 2012, 23:41
My condolances, Autothrottle! And all the best for the time ahead of you.

NachtPiloten
February 25th, 2012, 03:27
Lost my dad over 25 years ago and still miss him. No words will suffice, GOD bless you and your family during this time.

KellyB
February 25th, 2012, 04:35
I lost my father six years ago at 93, but even that was too soon. Mom preceded him by only nine months.

I have some sense of how you must feel, and send my sympathies along to you.

rocketred
February 25th, 2012, 06:24
So the unthinkable has happened to you! A special loved one has been torn from your life by tragedy, and you are heartbroken. I am so very sorry for your loss, and wish to extend our deepest sympathy to you and your family.

HouseHobbit
February 25th, 2012, 06:29
I am very sorry to hear this..
I will keep you and your family in my prayers..
I lost my Dad last Sept, I do understand how this is...
God Bless you..

Pat Pattle
February 25th, 2012, 06:45
Very saddened to hear that. My condolences to you and your family.

middle
February 25th, 2012, 11:38
My condolences to you and yours. 63 is just too young.middle

eddie
February 25th, 2012, 15:46
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Autothrottle
February 25th, 2012, 21:00
Thank you everybody, from the bottom of my heart thank you all!

dmaloof
February 25th, 2012, 21:14
sorry to hear this. my condolences. you always have us.

FOO FIGHTER
February 25th, 2012, 21:30
Very sorry to hear about your father AT. My sympathy and condolences to your family.

flyer01
February 26th, 2012, 04:22
My condolences.

beana51
February 26th, 2012, 05:31
When I was 18 yers old,I thought my father was not with it....when I became 21 yrs old,he suddenly became the greatest and smartest man I ever knew..Now at 80yrs old ,even more so!So much so,not a Moment that does not go by,that I do not think of him..By thinking of him ,he is with me.I Know you will think of your Dad,always,in doing so he will not be gone....I hope trully ,you and your family find solace thinking of him always,of which surly you will,and he will be with you forever!!!..Vin

Old Tiger
February 26th, 2012, 05:39
My condolances, Autothrottle! I will keep you and your family in my prayers

20MikeMike
February 26th, 2012, 10:17
My condolances, Autothrottle! i have been thru it and the hurt takes a long time to fade all i can say try to think of the good times
Thinking of you at this sad time
Chris

hairyspin
February 26th, 2012, 10:56
Nothing I can say that hasn't already been said. My condolences, Autothrottle.

dewoitine
February 27th, 2012, 23:33
My sincere condolances Autothrottle with all my sympathy.

mikezola
February 28th, 2012, 06:31
My condolences to you as well, Autothrottle-

I can echo what Beana51 said, although in my case it seemed to be a question of distance more than age... Dad and I went 'round and 'round with each other until I moved about a mile away- then he became the closest friend I've ever had. We understood each other so well... I lost him 8 months ago, and it seems like last week.

As long as your Dad is remembered, he won't really be gone- I'll vouch for that!

-Mike Z.

middle
February 28th, 2012, 07:14
I was just thinking about my own folks who both passed at the end of 2010. Altho I had a lot of issues with my mother,(or my mom had issues with me) I really loved ,y dad. In his honor I bought an old Chevy pickup as he taught me how to drive in one when I was 15 ....every time I start up my truck, I think of him. May all your memories of your dad be good ones. middle

Human Drone
February 29th, 2012, 09:43
My condolences as well. My daughter just lost her 1st baby (unborn, 9 wks.). The sting is harsh, but we can be here for each other. May her rest in peace and rise in glory!

Tom

Wyld45
February 29th, 2012, 13:28
Salutes to you and your Father. :salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::s alute:

ndicki
March 1st, 2012, 04:35
Sincere condolences. These things are never easy, but keep on flying...

Led Zeppelin
March 1st, 2012, 09:02
My sincere condolances Autothrottle.