PDA

View Full Version : RTWR 2012 Celebration Event

Tako_Kichi
February 23rd, 2012, 13:59
RTWR 2012 Celebration Event

Team SOH cordially invites you to take part in a celebration event to close out the Flight Simulator 'Round the World Race' for 2012. All pilots are welcome and it's a 'fly what ya brung' event but bear in mind the route is roughly 100 Nm in length and the destination runway rather short so choosing the Vin Fizz or a 747-800 may not be the best option!

The event will kick off at 18:00 UTC* on Saturday, February 25th but please assemble prior to that time so that we can start the event promptly. Simulator weather and time settings are at the pilot's discretion.

We will be using the SOH FS Host server for the flight and the connection details are:

IP Address: 72.233.79.242
Port: 23456

If you flew with any of the race teams this year please add your team abbreviation to your log-in name so that you can be easily identified by your team mates and by others.

AVSIM – AVS
Flight Sim – FS
Sim-Outhouse – SOH

e.g. 'XXX_AVS' or 'YYY_FS' or 'ZZZ_SOH'

We will also be using the SOH TeamSpeak 3 server and the connection details for that are:

Connection Address: _www.sim-outhouse.net
Port: 9987

NOTE: Remove the leading '_' on the address above as that was needed to prevent the forum software from making it a 'hot link'.

In keeping with the 'Start Event' theme the 'Celebration Event' will make use of Van Nuys Airport and 'Runway One-Six Right' in particular.

Please assemble at Edwards Air Force Base (KEDW) in plenty of time to get set up. Edwards was chosen as there is plenty of room to get all the aircraft in and ready to start.

When the event starts proceed to Van Nuys Airport (KVNY) and perform a 'touch and go' on Runway 16R and then fly on to Catalina Airport (KAVX) where refreshments will be provided by the Race Committee!

Rumour has it that Hugh Hefner has been approached to provide Bunny Girls as waitresses but whether we will actually see them there is a different matter!

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday.

Team SOH

* 18:00 UTC = 13:00 EST = 10:00 PST

falcon409
February 23rd, 2012, 17:39
I've only flown into Edwards AFB once about 2 months ago by accident in all the years I've been using Flightsim, but I do remember that mine was terrible with trees and houses on the tarmac and sticking out of hangars. I couldn't even taxi very far off one runway because the taxiway was covered in trees. Is there a decent version somewhere that anyone knows about?

Tako_Kichi
February 23rd, 2012, 17:51
I've only flown into Edwards AFB once about 2 months ago by accident in all the years I've been using Flightsim, but I do remember that mine was terrible with trees and houses on the tarmac and sticking out of hangars. I couldn't even taxi very far off one runway because the taxiway was covered in trees. Is there a decent version somewhere that anyone knows about?
FSX or FS9 Falcon?

I just checked both of them here with the default airports (although FSX was the Accel version) and I had no issues.

falcon409
February 23rd, 2012, 18:13
FSX Larry. Here's what it did look like (when I looked at the AFCAD it was actually one of the Milviz T-38 Airports. I just went in and added exclude boxes to knock out all that vegetation. . .it's fine now). :salute:

warchild
February 23rd, 2012, 20:04
I'll definitely be there in the mouse :)..
Pam

falcon409
February 23rd, 2012, 20:42
I'll definitely be there in the mouse :)..
Pam
Maybe the Tigercat, or the S2F that "Team Milton" just released. :salute: