PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Army Bell H-13

rdaniell
February 23rd, 2012, 05:21
Jeansy, here's a photo off the net of a U.S. Army paint scheme of the H-13. I saw this very helicopter at the Army Aviation Museum at Fort Rucker, Alabama, two weeks ago.

If this is something you might consider doing, I'll look for it on your page sometime down the road. And as we discussed via p.m., I realize that there are mapping limitations. Of course a repaint just begs for a much more "weathered" look.

Peace+

Romeo-Delta

robertorizzo
February 23rd, 2012, 06:31
Have I already seen it on tv MASH in the seventies ?
Lovely

roger-wilco-66
February 23rd, 2012, 06:45
[...]
I realize that there are mapping limitations. Of course a repaint just begs for a much more "weathered" look.

Peace+

Romeo-Delta

Hey, I love that Bell 47 / H-13. I don't know much about repainting, but I had to grin because there's not much of a fuselage to paint :-)
And yes, MASH 4077 used the H-13, Quote from Wiki:

The helicopters used on the series were model H-13 Sioux (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H-13_Sioux) (military designation and nickname of the Bell 47 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_47) civilian model). As in the film, some care seems to have been taken to use the correct model of the long-lived Bell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_Helicopter) 47 series. In the opening credits and many of the episodes, Korean War vintage H-13Ds and Es (Bell 47D-1s) were used complete with period-correct external litters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_(rescue_basket)). However, a later (1954–73) 47G would occasionally make an appearance. The helicopters are remarkably similar in appearance (with the later "G" models having larger two-piece fuel tanks, a slightly revised cabin as well as other changes) with differences noticeable only to a serious helicopter fan.

Cheers,
Mark

rdaniell
February 23rd, 2012, 06:45
Have I already seen it on tv MASH in the seventies ? Lovely

Yes.
:medals:

Romeo-Delta

jeansy
February 23rd, 2012, 07:07
too easy

I will see if i can find the paint kit i made, it shouldnt take long once i find it

rdaniell
February 23rd, 2012, 07:21
too easy I will see if i can find the paint kit i made, it shouldnt take long once i find it

Thank you.:salute:

Romeo-Delta

TeaSea
February 23rd, 2012, 07:34
Ain't hardly enough there to paint! :icon_lol:

rdaniell
February 23rd, 2012, 07:50
Ain't hardly enough there to paint! :icon_lol:

Roger that but, :running:you just wait until jeansy gets the masking tape off of what there is to paint. He knows how to use a spray gun. Take a look at the H-13s he has already done. Plus a load of UH-1s.

Romeo-Delta

OleBoy
February 23rd, 2012, 08:32
You can't tell a woman to get dressed when all she has for clothes are string bikinis :icon_lol:

rdaniell
February 23rd, 2012, 08:53
You can't tell a woman to get dressed when all she has for clothes are string bikinis :icon_lol:

OleBoy are you by chance volunteering to do a "bare metal" version? That would certainly look good flying into and out of all those Lima Sites in The Vietnam War Project's Air America scenery add-on.

Romeo-Delta

roger-wilco-66
February 23rd, 2012, 09:14
May I ask which FSX H-13 you guys are referring to?

> You can't tell a woman to get dressed when all she has for clothes are string bikinis http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

You __won't__ tell a woman to get dressed when all she has for clothes are string bikinis http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Couldn't resist....

rdaniell
February 23rd, 2012, 09:26
May I ask which FSX H-13 you guys are referring to?

Flysimware - Bell 47G & Sioux H-13 FSX 2012 (FLS-110)

Romeo-Delta

TeaSea
February 23rd, 2012, 15:36
I believe there's a company that's re-building these for resale now.

They update the systems, panels, etc for 21 Century flying....no idea what they cost.

jeansy
February 23rd, 2012, 20:45
no pressure huh

OleBoy
February 23rd, 2012, 22:38
> You can't tell a woman to get dressed when all she has for clothes are string bikinis http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

You __won't__ tell a woman to get dressed when all she has for clothes are string bikinis http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/smilies/icon_lol.gif

Couldn't resist....

Good come back! There I went and raised the, bar. :icon_lol:

rdaniell
February 24th, 2012, 05:42
..NO Bikini...

Romeo-Delta

rdaniell
February 24th, 2012, 05:50
....is something that I did using MS's Paintshop. I just painted over everything that was "yellow" in the yellow paint scheme that came with the helicopter.

I don't know squat about layers, etc. If I had shown a close-up, then everyone could have seen all kinds of problems with the repaint. One example, the rivets do not line up with the model. Lots of other issues that can only be addressed by someone who actually knows how to use a paint program.

I just wanted to "mess" with OleBoy.

Peace+

Romeo-Delta

OleBoy
February 24th, 2012, 09:07
All in good fun RD. I've got the Bell47. I considered repainting it, although after talking to Jeansy and he sharing his modified templates, with the mapping, issues being a big issue to me, I'm not going to mess with it.

The developer did an OK, rendition. Best there is currently. I commend him for that. Although the issues there are in the bird made me lose interest in wanting to repaint it. I've got no interest in painting what I can get away with just to make it appear to be better than it can be. It's not.

I still fly it. But if I could actually paint it the way it needs to be painted, I'd gladly display my pride in it. Helicopters are a bugger to paint as they come. Why rally for something that's just not going to happen..

There ain't no amount of make-up going to make that face look any better. :icon_lol:

rdaniell
February 24th, 2012, 09:34
All in good fun RD. I've got the Bell47. I considered repainting it, although after talking to Jeansy and he sharing his modified templates, with the mapping, issues being a big issue to me, I'm not going to mess with it. The developer did an OK, rendition. Best there is currently. I commend him for that. Although the issues there are in the bird made me lose interest in wanting to repaint it. I've got no interest in painting what I can get away with just to make it appear to be better than it can be. It's not. I still fly it. But if I could actually paint it the way it needs to be painted, I'd gladly display my pride in it. Helicopters are a bugger to paint as they come. Why rally for something that's just not going to happen.. There ain't no amount of make-up going to make that face look any better. :icon_lol:

OleBoy, you are correct about the make-up. I brought her to the dance. Either I dance with her or take her home....I'm enjoying dancing. I spend 95 percent of my time in FS flying from the vc anyway. Reminds me of the full scale Cessna 140 I fly occasionally. She needs a new interior and paintjob but who cares. That is cosmetic. The airplane wouldn't fly a bit better.

Romeo-Delta

OleBoy
February 24th, 2012, 09:55
OleBoy, you are correct about the make-up. I brought her to the dance. Either I dance with her or take her home....I'm enjoying dancing. The airplane wouldn't fly a bit better.

Romeo-Delta

I love to dance with a purty lady if I get the opportunity. And if the first experience was gratifying, a second or more would be a pleasure. Regardless what's displayed on the outside :wiggle:

jeansy
February 24th, 2012, 11:38
I forgot how painful this model is mapped, and remembered why i gave up on it

RD, sorry I wont be able to have the roundel on the underneath side, the underneath texture is shared with a few bits n pieces,

i had a look last night and there's stars and stripes everywhere, and its not a good look

rdaniell
February 24th, 2012, 12:08
I forgot how painful this model is mapped, and remembered why i gave up on it RD, sorry I wont be able to have the roundel on the underneath side, the underneath texture is shared with a few bits n peaces, i had a look last night and there's stars and stripes everywhere, and its not a good look

Hey Jeansy. Thanks for taking another look at it. :salute:

Romeo-Delta