PDA

View Full Version : Missing Weapons

Killer Svend
February 23rd, 2012, 00:09
Whenever loading a new campaign a problem occur, I got the message :" Can't find this and that" and it is allways missing weapons, pylons,wing racks etc.I know the most common links to download weapons DB,GC and PR but still somethings is missing. I would really like to once and forever to build a file containing ALL weapons one could think about,and for use in cfs2, but I do'nt have all links available to do this.Whit my knowledge to where to find it would take me weeks or months to trace these links. My prayer is therefore: Can anyone assist with such a set of links? I would be very gatefull.
Killer Svend

Seagull V
February 23rd, 2012, 00:25
Not an answer I'm afraid to say:-

But CFS2 could do with a decent weapons overhaul - there are a number of weapons available of the same type, which if you load everything can cause issues, not to mention different sizes with some weapons. Also when adding to aircraft DPs you can have some different reference points.

A number of people have suggested doing an update project on different occasions and an updated install list with it would help everyone including newbies, those returning to the senior sim, and those of us who can't for the life of us remember where that add-on came from.

A PDF showing each weapon/object and listing/showing contact points (ie where they connect with the aircraft/pylon) would be very nice - any ideas and volunteers ??????

Killer Svend
February 23rd, 2012, 04:39
At the moment I am missing the following:
WEP_500lb_Bomb
GC_Pylon_droptank
GC_300l_droptank
GC_wgr_21_pylon
GC_wgr_21_rockets
GC_etc500
GC_etc50_left
GC_etc50_rechts

Can anyone assist?
Killer Svend

Discus
February 23rd, 2012, 06:06
A very good point to start a search for missing weapons is JapLance weapons spread sheet (MS Excel). Look for one of his post under his signature.

Thanks JP for this marvelous and extremely easy way to find missing weapons.

Cheers, Discus:salute:

Killer Svend
February 23rd, 2012, 07:25
I found all weapons except the wep_500lb_bomb, where is this item? it is not in objects_dp neither in Scenedb\weapons\scenery. But if we look in the Spitfire (Deere) dp file payload 03 there is a demand for it. It can not be loaded for free flight either only the 40 and 250 lbs bombs show up.now I am about to be a bit frustrated ( it is Rami's Dunkerque campaign)
Killer Svend

JapLance
February 23rd, 2012, 07:30
A very good point to start a search for missing weapons is JapLance weapons spread sheet (MS Excel). Look for one of his post under his signature.

Thanks JP for this marvelous and extremely easy way to find missing weapons.

Cheers, Discus:salute:

Thanks Discus,

Unfortunately that link was gone, after the Megaupload history, but I think I still keep the file somewhere in my computer. I'll try to upload it somewhere else.

Apart from that, it is far from complete, many weapons are missing, and for some of them I couldn't find a working link.

EDIT: I've re-uploaded the list to another server, the link is again in my signature.

JapLance
February 23rd, 2012, 07:38
I found all weapons except the wep_500lb_bomb, where is this item? it is not in objects_dp neither in Scenedb\weapons\scenery. But if we look in the Spitfire (Deere) dp file payload 03 there is a demand for it. It can not be loaded for free flight either only the 40 and 250 lbs bombs show up.now I am about to be a bit frustrated ( it is Rami's Dunkerque campaign)
Killer Svend

Sorry, I've checked the list I compiled and that weapon is not in it.

Anyway, I'm sure someone else will come to the rescue.

sc7500
February 23rd, 2012, 07:58
Right you are, JL - the wep_500lb_Bomb was hidden in the load-out section for a Brewster Buffalo.

I found it a while back, present it here and now:

Enjoy ! :wavey:
SC
:kilroy:

Finn
February 23rd, 2012, 09:58
Killer Sven is right. There are far too many weapons that are special to one plane, and thus often difficult to find. Since something like the different japanese/German/British/US boms are quite similar, it should be possible to make a standard, almost like the more-or-less standard set by Achims airfields of Europe. What about a few .DP additions that we all could add to all our planes of that country and era? I have two list of objects to put into any new install of CFS-2 (as I'm sure we all have) one for objects, being updated all the time one of our Gurus produce something wonderful, and one just for weapons, and it is HUGE containing lots of, say British 500 pound bombs, where one should do the trick. So if one of our Gurus get an idea, I'm eager to try it.
Finn

Rami
February 23rd, 2012, 19:47
Killer,

I am sorry that the weapons tend to be your bugaboo. I was away from my desk today...but it seems others have covered me on this one. :mixedsmi:

Killer Svend
February 25th, 2012, 01:05
I have obviously stirred some dust, and I would say the following:
To RAMI: It seems that I am not the only one having problems finding weapons etc.
To JapLance: Fantastic list, Thank you very much, more than 400 items, this will certainly save the old man for a lot of work.
To sc7500: Thank you for the link

sc7500
February 25th, 2012, 06:01
... I'll have my secretary bill you electronically.... :icon_lol:

SC

Finn
February 25th, 2012, 06:05
I owe you a couple of beer too - I have had lots of good use of your list:guinness::guinness::icon29::icon29:
Thanks for the good work
Finn

Killer Svend
February 25th, 2012, 06:17
To Sc7500
You may feel free to send me a bill in the meantime,lets share a coupple of beers
:icon29::icon29:

Killer Svend
By the way I have the intention to build the biggest weapon collection that the world have seen up to now ( will not ask the police before) and I will install it in cfs2 an see what happens I think it will explode and amen to that I can allways deleted it again but I am enourmous frustrated allways to see the message Can't find this in the library

sc7500
February 25th, 2012, 06:17
...I have had lots of good use of your list...Thanks for the good work...

The XLS Weapons List is a product of JapLance's hard work, not Mine. You can buy HIM That beer ! lol

I keep all MY stuff in a big jumble called "Weapons File", and root thru there for answers as needed..... :wavey:

[Ask Rami - he can vouch for how random my memory is....]

SC

Seagull V
February 25th, 2012, 06:43
Killer Sven

DPs can cause issues, some of the Alpha weapons packs can also cause conflicts, if you are making a very large Objects DP folder I suggest you also make backups of that folder as you go along - that way if you have troubles you can bring back the backup folder.

The project to rationilise the weapons has been talked about by a number of people a few times, given the amount of aircraft models with their corresponding DPs would be a very large project. Many thanks to JapLance for his hard work, is a great starting point.

Regards SGV

Rami
February 25th, 2012, 10:53
Killer and others,

I understand your frustration, but most aircraft downloads have a readme which includes where to find the weapons. Often I try to add a readme file for altered .dp files I use in my campaigns. I think I omitted the one for the Spitfires, and for that I apologize. That's why I often make it a point in the readme to try and say that before proceeding, you should check the aircraft to make sure everything is in working order before proceeding to missions.

But I also want to point out that I trypically use the same "core" of aircraft in any particular theatre, so once you go through the pains of getting what you need for one of the "biggies," often the rest are much easier.

Talon
February 25th, 2012, 11:35
One other thing you can do is learn to edit the DP file. I do this quite often if the plane calls for a weapon I don't have but have a weapon that is the same. For instance there are 2 Japanese 800kg bombs.I have the one but not the other so I just put the one I have in the DP. For the US I usually use all Dbolt weapons even though I have the FDG ones. It makes life alot easier for me and no weapon conflicts in any folders.