PDA

View Full Version : Tower view

Meso
December 21st, 2008, 07:09
In FS9 you could change the position of the tower, i did like to put it next to the runway so yuo could see incoming planes land. Is this possible still since i do not see a tower icon on the map anymore?

kind regards,
Meso

X_eidos2
December 21st, 2008, 14:49
The answer to your question is yes. But before I can give you all the details I'll have to do some work getting computers set up as I'm dog sitting at my brothers house for the holiday. I discovered the process while working on my latest flightsim movie just yesterday..

The process can be found in the SDK if you have access to it, under the topic of creating custom camera views.

What you do is create a Flight file or ".FLT". Open it with a text editor and add as many custom cameras as you like. You'll need to know the Latitude and Longitude and how high you want the view to be above ground level. You'll also need to convert the Lat and Lon into decimal format.

When you start the flight and go to the view menu, there will be a new camera category called "custom". If you have more than one camera, you can cycle between them by using the A key.

The good thing is that you can create these custom camera locations without having a copy of any of the scenery files involved, you just make your modifications to a saved flight file.

In the SDK there is a sample text file that shows how to make the text entries.

More info to follow:

Here's the text entry

[CameraDefinition.001]
Title = Fixed Camera 1
Guid = {835BFC1C-1A03-994A-A176-49318FEB094E}
Description = Placeholder description
Origin = Fixed
InstancedBased = No
SnapPbhAdjust = None
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
Track = Track
ShowAxis = No
AllowZoom = Yes
InitialZoom = 4.0
SmoothZoomTime = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = FALSE
Transition = Yes
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Custom
FixedLatitude=N46.445267
FixedLongitude=W63.831362
FixedAltitude=6.0
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

Meso
December 22nd, 2008, 01:39
Thanks a lot!!! I see this entry in the camera definition and i was wondering if you change false to true you might be able to change the position of this camera while in the sim, or is this to easy?

XyzAdjust = FALSE

kind regards,

Meso

X_eidos2
December 22nd, 2008, 05:07
I forgot to mention that each entry needs a different GUID number.

SkippyBing
December 22nd, 2008, 06:21
Meso,
If you change it to XyzAdjust=TRUE then you will indeed be able to move the camera around.

Meso
December 22nd, 2008, 06:37
SUPER!!!! I did not do it yet, but the holiday lasts till 5th of januari so i have plenty of time!

Kind regards,

Meso