PDA

View Full Version : The Old Gal Still Has It!

Devildog73
February 21st, 2012, 07:50
After being married for 40 years, I took a careful look at my wife one day
and said . . .

"Forty years ago we had a cheap house, a junk car, slept on a sofa bed and
watched a 10-inch black and white TV, but I got to sleep every night with a
really hot 23-year-old girl."

"Now . . . I have a $500,000 home, a $45,000 car, a nice big bed and a 65
inch High-Definition 3D TV, but I'm sleeping with a 63-year-old woman. It
seems to me that you're not holding up your side of things."

My wife is a very reasonable woman. She told me . . .

"You go out and find a really hot 23-year-old girl to sleep with and I'll ensure that you will once
again be living in a cheap house, driving a junk car, sleeping on a sofa bed
and watching a 10-inch black and white TV".

Aren't older women great? They really know how to solve an old guy's problems!

beana51
February 21st, 2012, 10:48
I take from this ,your capitulation to finally getting..Older has hit you!!....Accepting the BIT,and Spur..has taken hold....now that things are Finlay beyond your control..you surrender..a willing captive..no amount of Sugar coating or feigned explanations will do...man yer stuck for ever.. Broke,Domesticated,Harnessed,....from the house stud,you may be now the house boy now...AHHH such is life...we men were to be like an Arrow..Shot in the air,to land not known where...women are like the eternal circle..round and round they go,no beginning ,no end....girl,,wife,Mother,Grandmother...and they are complete...we on the other hand get Stuck in some eternal tree!...they say all the dumbest things a man does in life is prior to becoming 21,and so it is..Many take a wife ..and thats it...TEMPIS FUGET!.I know,for now just about 60 yrs in the in captivity,... a Real "Yes Dear Guy",who in youth was Ridiculing others for that ..., I feel your not so hidden substantial pain.........We are so broken in now,that any Walter Mitty fantasy is just that...Dreaming!....No one will ever say about us.."BY GADS HE HAS BOLTED'''..no my friend not us....We are to Happy now ,so they tell us..."LOOK HOW HAPPY HE IS"..Married for.XXX..yrs look at him..the old ladies say..whose main concern is can he still drive??.....Well my friend..LOOKATCHONOW!!.....Cheers..Be Happy,Don"t Worry,Its OK,Be Happy.Be happy,Its OK!!.....:wiggle:

Rami
February 21st, 2012, 11:55
Devildog,

Tell your better half I said hi...I really enjoyed my time over there. If you could send me an update on how things are going, I'd appreciate it. And yes, I love the comment, I could see my wife saying the same thing, even though we're MUCH younger. :icon29:

middle
February 21st, 2012, 12:09
Ain't it the truth!!!

Human Drone
February 22nd, 2012, 07:51
Now the OP, dat's funny!

But IRL, as I approach the big six-oh, while one could say I'm "broken in," domesticated, horse-whipped, or whatever, I'm happier now than I've ever been, truly happy. She's a good woman (in <ahem> ALL ways... :cool: ) and we're just looking forward to when we can free ourselves from the 8 to 5 and really enjoy our home and family. I have my workshop, my tractor, my woods and that nice computer noted in my siggie. She has her homemaking, her flower gardens, her embroidery machine, her wonder-working kitchen... We have a disabled son who lives with us, but he's no real problem. We have the fireplace in the winter and the porch swing in the summer, and she makes a bed like none I've ever slept in (and with the traveling I do, I have quite a basis for comparison). The big thing now is staying healthy!

So the grump in the OP might not have his 23 yr old, but neither does she!

Be happy.

Tom