PDA

View Full Version : In need of your prayers.....

rpjkw
February 21st, 2012, 06:48
for Shayna, our 3-legged Pit Bull. She's not eaten for three weeks and has been throwing up water. She's been diagnosed with Irritated Bowel Disease, which is curable IF her meds stay down. But they don't. Her Vet has her on "lose dose" chemo-therapy in the hope it will stop her stomach irritation and she can/will eat again.

If things can't be reversed we'll be faced with putting her to sleep. Friends, she is the light of our lives. Since she came to us 41/2 years ago, we have laughed and enjoyed life more than before. A simple, non-life-threatening problem is turning into a nightmare.

I'm a strong believer in the power of prayer. Your prayers are more important than you'll ever know, and I thank you from the bottom of my breaking heart.

Thank you

Bob, Susan, and Shayna

hews500d
February 21st, 2012, 07:03
Prayers going up for your pet.

Darrell

hurricane3
February 21st, 2012, 07:51
I love dogs and I fully understand what you must be going through.My thoughts and prayers are for you and your dog. But if the worst happens I firmly believe ,all dogs go to heaven,and you,ll see her again.But lets not give up yet.

Devildog73
February 21st, 2012, 07:54
Prayers for you, your wife, and your dog going upward. GOD cares about our every concern.

Daveroo
February 21st, 2012, 07:57
awwww man i hate these threads.....our pets mean so much to us all,and when someone has a pet,who is also a loved one in trouble...we all pull together ,,,i will think of shayna often,and hope for the best and that she will recover from this.....haley and i will send our best to you and yours...

SSI01
February 21st, 2012, 09:59
I will also keep her and you in my thoughts and prayers. It's joyful to have a dog as a companion and friend, we open our hearts to them and they fill a gaping void in our lives; but to do so, we make ourselves vulnerable. We all know this sort of thing will occur someday but push it out of our minds as much as we can. Sure hurts when it does happen.

Question - has any thought been given to possibly giving your little friend a sedative to allow sleep once the medication is given? If we're not up to get sick, maybe the meds will stay down.

Navy Chief
February 21st, 2012, 10:25
Am praying for you all; Bob, Susan, and Shayna. Gotta believe she will!

NC

HouseHobbit
February 21st, 2012, 10:31
I will and have prayed for you.. I understand how important a pet can be..
I do hope all shall be very well..
Prayers Sent..always are answered..

God Bless ..
:engel016:

CP1207
February 21st, 2012, 15:12

Sid offers his support and best wishes.

papab
February 21st, 2012, 17:00
Shayna will be in my prayers till she gets better!!!!!
She will pull through.......I know it

Rick Brown