PDA

View Full Version : Tall Boy Bomb

kdriver
February 21st, 2012, 05:30
Hi Folks,

Is there an authentic looking Tall Boy bomb available? I have one which drops vertically but looks nothing like the real thing and is invisible until released. If not, I can downsize the realistic Grand Slam bomb which is available.

Thanks,
Kevin

sc7500
February 21st, 2012, 06:59
Take a side trip to Martin Wright's website and look for wep.zip:

wep_5000lb_bomb

This is an enlarged and stretched version of the CFS1 Bomb
object allied to a DP that gives over twice the destruction
of a 2000lb Bomb

If this is the one you're already using, that's the only one out there.... So be creative !
SC
:kilroy:

Shessi
February 21st, 2012, 08:10
If you can get hold of Just Flight's Dambusters, it has a very nice Tallboy and Grand Slam in it. I know that's not freeware, but if you were tempted there's a couple on UK Ebay, one at $8 plus PP.

Cheers

Shessi

Rami
February 21st, 2012, 11:58
Kdriver,

There are these: http://simviation.com/1/browse-Aircraft-83-8

Back when Netwings was around, I could have sworn there was a British bomb pack in the CFS2 utilities/other section. However, I'll be damned if I can remember where to find it now.

sc7500
February 21st, 2012, 12:47
Nearest I could find in my archives was Brit_Bombs.zip, which included the following:

"wep_bb"=RAF 2,000lb Blockbuster Bomb
"wep_bb_ap"=RAF 2,000lb Anti-Personnel Bomb
"wep_mc500"=RAF 500lb Bomb
"wep_mc1000"=RAF 1,000lb Bomb

SC
:kilroy:

I hate to ask a fellow Basement Dweller to start an unexpected project, but I wonder if Old_Wheat could whip something up with his magic GMax Weapons generator...?

Rami
February 21st, 2012, 14:03
sc7500,

No, that's not it. I know there's another one out there. :mixedsmi:

Rami
February 21st, 2012, 14:15
Kdriver,

Here is the link to the "Grand slam" bomb: http://www.geocities.ws/kg200hangar/ruhrstahl.html

Now, all we need is a "Tall boy" and a bouncing bomb.

wolfi
February 22nd, 2012, 00:01
Just wait a little bit for the Tall Boy, I will post the bomb here first.

Oh- and by the way, I need someone for the texture.

wolfi

Kdriver,

Here is the link to the "Grand slam" bomb: http://www.geocities.ws/kg200hangar/ruhrstahl.html

Now, all we need is a "Tall boy" and a bouncing bomb.

wolfi
February 22nd, 2012, 02:23
Tall boy bomb, free to use, unpainted with free to useFSDS2.4 source file and texture template.
As I said you are free to use the source file and upload your own modificationwithout permission.

Maybe someone can do a better DP file. I made a test run and sunk a battle shipwith just one hit.
Sorry for using the wrong aircraft in the picture, but Ihaven't a correct flyable aircraft on my current installation
:wiggle:
wolfi

Sorry, I recognized that I upload the "grand slam bomb" as "tall boy bomb". I will correct this tomorrow

kdriver
February 22nd, 2012, 05:17
Thanks very much for your help everyone - much appreciated! :icon29:

In the meantime I also played around with the Grand Slam and reduced its size by 20% which is near enough to the size of a Tall Boy. I don't know who was the original author of the weapon and if I have permission to upload any changes, but here's what it looks like.

Worthless
February 22nd, 2012, 07:58
sc7500,

No, that's not it. I know there's another one out there. :mixedsmi:

This zip has a Tallboy dp in it.

oldwheat
February 22nd, 2012, 15:47
Here is a .bmp texture for Wolfi's 'tall boy' with a coat of paint applied.

Jagdflieger
February 22nd, 2012, 19:57
Thanks Wolfi and OW. I've got a Lancaster that it just might fit into.

Thanks to Worthless too. Nice of you to upload those Brit weapons.

kdriver
February 23rd, 2012, 04:48
Wolfi, two of your Tallboys were needed to sink the Tirpitz - just as it was in 1944 - well done!

Thankyou Oldwheat for the paint job.

I also used your dp for the converted Grand Slam. I think that may be the most powerful explosion possible without changing things in the EFFECTS folder.