PDA

View Full Version : Dino's F-14 V1.06 AD Issues

FSX68
February 20th, 2012, 15:05

As you can see I am not able to get the same burner effect as the sample on the left. I got v1.06 from FLightsim. I tried V1.07 but the burner came out too far even at idle.
which is crazy. I sure would like to know what to do to get the F14 to make the burner effect as in the picture on the left.

airattackimages
February 20th, 2012, 16:14
You want the burner on the left?

StormILM
February 20th, 2012, 18:22
richoday,

I created a particle afterburner set for Dino's Tomcat using all freeware components. Go over to flightsim.com and look up file f-14dabh.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=136746). Follow the install instructions carefully and see if you like the effect. If you have any trouble with the formation lights staying on after the install(which has been reported by some), send me an email via the support email in the readme file and I will send you the alternate gauge and panel files to get it working correctly.

FSX68
February 20th, 2012, 18:23
You want the burner on the left?

No, the one on the right (included below.) The one that looks like two acetylene torches flaming out the back end.
What would it take to get the burners to look like that. I was expecting this in the V1.06 as this photo was included
in the zip file that I got from Flightsim

FSX68
February 20th, 2012, 18:34
richoday,

I created a particle afterburner set for Dino's Tomcat using all freeware components. Go over to flightsim.com and look up file f-14dabh.zip (http://www.flightsim.com/kdl.php?fid=136746). Follow the install instructions carefully and see if you like the effect. If you have any trouble with the formation lights staying on after the install(which has been reported by some), send me an email via the support email in the readme file and I will send you the alternate gauge and panel files to get it working correctly.

I tried your file last night and never got the effect. I tried to follow the rules (instructions) but, for whatever reason, I got no flames. I don't know what I did wrong. I could use some extra help in digesting
your installation instructions.

StormILM
February 20th, 2012, 18:59
I tried your file last night and never got the effect. I tried to follow the rules (instructions) but, for whatever reason, I got no flames. I don't know what I did wrong. I could use some extra help in digesting
your installation instructions. No problem, will PM you here.