PDA

View Full Version : German weapons.

Fibber
October 2nd, 2008, 20:09
Does anyone have a lead on where I can obtain the VB luftwaffe and Ground crew weapons? I have searched with negative results and have lost the copy that I had.
Also, I noticed that the GC HE111H6 has a AIR file for a "Focke-Wulf Fw 190D-9 Red "1" of JG 301". Would that be right? It seems I take one hit from anywhere and this bird does a pelican act into the drink. Great looking aircraft just substains battle damage like a bird ! Bad when I am flying it!!!!

Hern07
October 2nd, 2008, 20:28
You can find the GC Weapons at www.regshanger.com

Hern07
October 2nd, 2008, 20:32
...and you can find the vb weapons at http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=archive&loc=downloads&FileType=vb-aircraft-cfs2&page=downloads

OBIO
October 2nd, 2008, 23:47
The airfile in the He-111 has been modified to reflect a He-111. It may have started life as an air file for an FW190, but has been vastly changed to work with the He-111. The damage characteristics of CFS2 planes is governed by the DP file, not the air file. Air files determine how well a plane flies, DP files determine how well a plane dies.

OBIO

hewman100
October 3rd, 2008, 01:53
There are also some useful German packs at www.virtualwings.org (http://www.virtualwings.org)

Fibber
October 3rd, 2008, 05:43
Thanks guys for the comebacks. Hewman appreciate the links. Obio, I know that you have more important things on your mind and hope all comes out well. Thanks for taking the time for the clarification. Just thought it was strange to see that file in the 111.

Fibber
October 3rd, 2008, 06:38
Tried looking for updates to the GC 111 and can't seem to find any. Are there any? Can you recommend , or know of, a good 111?

OBIO
October 3rd, 2008, 08:59
The Ground Crew He-111 is as good as it gets as far as I know. I have not found any other He-111s out there anywhere. I have not spent much time flying the plane and have not used it in missions or even in Quick Combat, so am not familiar with how well or not the DP file acts. Maybe someone who has knowledge in adjusting the damage boxes and damage limits will take a look at it and do an updated DP file for it. Unfortunately, my "expertise" with the DP file begins and ends with the gun and payload sections.

OBIO

Hern07
October 3rd, 2008, 10:33
At Reg's Hanger>Groundcrew>Packages will give you a mod that allows you to modify a He111 to fly and launch V-1's. The skins section in this same area will give a multitude of skins for the '111.

Fibber
October 3rd, 2008, 10:52
Obio/Hern thanks for the info. Hern, I looked at the mods at GC and that doesn't appear to effect the aircraft damage incurrence or survivalbility, only its' ability to carry weapons. But I am not really cognizant with that DP stuff and I could be wrong.

sc7500
October 3rd, 2008, 15:13
The Ground Crew He-111 is as good as it gets as far as I know. ....my "expertise" with the DP file begins and ends with the gun and payload sections.
OBIO

No worries, chaps ~ here's a DP for the GC 111 that works exceedingly well. Please remember to rename he111.txt to he111.dp for things to work correctly.

Enjoy !
SC
:kilroy:

Fibber
October 3rd, 2008, 17:28
THANK YOU!.. and may your bridges always be covered.....