PDA

View Full Version : Making new missions: Facility spawn possible on airbase?

remcoc
December 21st, 2008, 02:22
This is a question for the experts on spawns in ETO.

I'am trying to make more complex missions for some time. I got frustrated a year ago and put it aside for a while: because when warping, missions do not work out the way I want them. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

But there is so much potential in the new ETO Expansion: I couldn't resist trying again. So now I turn for spawns and studied the remaining old threads (thanks mr Pattle for pointing out where the are). I took a lot of time, but it paid off.

One of things I want to do is making airbases more alive.
I'am able to make other aircraft take-off with a spawn. So one down.
Stil working on getting planes to land at the airfield while one is waiting to take-off. I hope I can get that one to work too.

Untill now I haven't got a clue how to get vehicles and parkes vehicles on an airbase by spawnining (makes building a mission much easier when you get the hang of it).

So here are my questions:
1. is it possible to spawn vehicles on an airbase in ETO Expansion (not on a way nearby, but on the airbase itself, like the in the vanilla CFS3 install)
2. is it possible to spawn parked planes on airbases in ETO Expansion like the vanilla install (in stead of putting them there with the Mission Builder).

Can someone give me a hint of how to do this (if it is possible) or can someone send me a working spawn of the types mensioned by pm?:santahat:

Thanks!
Remco

Nonato
December 21st, 2008, 03:18
There are already "parked Ju-52" as spawn files in ETO. As for the vehicles there are some vehicles, planes and even ships as spawn files available somewhere (I guess in SOH). But for the missions to work every one must have those files in their install, of course, as they are not Stock ETO.
I guess Talon has published some time ago good missions with new spawns.

N.

Foute Man
December 21st, 2008, 04:57
I'll be making static aircraft for the Dutch addon to be placed on airfields etc such as the FW 58, Me108 and all other aircraft that sink through the scenery when placed on the ground as static aircraft

I found one of the annoying things in CFS 2 that it's was hard to destroy aircraft on the ground with the original aircraft damage profile. The same goes for CFS 3 actually. You actually have to drop a bomb on top of the aircraft to have some damaged aircraft and there's is little damage when you have a near miss, while a normal vehicle would still be destroyed by the bombdamage.

Another thing I noticed that some effects like fuel leaks do not work correctly, the fuel leaking up to the sky.....

Pat Pattle has made a static Tigermoth and static Spitfire, you will find them in the building section. I have a static Bf109e ready to rock and roll, but made them as static vehicle. I'm actually looking for someone to do some animation, so they could be moveable as well, so you can strafe them when driving on the airfield's taxi way. For a driveable aircraft you should take the aircraft anyway.

I suggest you continue this conversation on the one Dutch forum you both signed in for, I'm more than interested following this conversation but do not want to give much away before any releasedate. :wiggle: :wavey: :wavey:

Groeten!!!!

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/376985/static_bf109e.jpg

Nonato
December 21st, 2008, 08:29
FouteM

How d'you say in Dutch: "Jawohl"? :costumes::costumes::costumes:

See you there

N.

Foute Man
December 21st, 2008, 09:53
FouteM

How d'you say in Dutch: "Jawohl"? :costumes::costumes::costumes:

See you there

N.

Simple: Jawel :mixedsmi::mixedsmi::mixedsmi:

But like I said in another thread, must Dutchmen will understand the Jawohl as well. After all the Germans are our big neighbour (although a lot of Dutchmen will deny that, especially in some very sensitive matters like football :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

groeten!!!!! :ernae:

Daiwilletti
December 22nd, 2008, 21:53
Hi Remcoc,
I don't know about spawning vehicles; certainly extra vehicles can be placed in the original airbase facility .xml, by editing the file. However the vehicles must be placed on the exact coordinates for the internal airbase paths.

Pat Pattle
December 22nd, 2008, 22:53
A couple of things to be aware of Remoco when your'e testing these things, there's a relationship beween the effects slider settings and getting vehicles to show, plus they won't show if you start from the runway in QC and possibly not in free flight. Not sure about missions though.

If you want to add vehicles to the airbase facilities I have a tutorial somewhere for one method, but you'll need gmax.

edit, found it... http://in.solit.us/archives/download/129844 (http://in.solit.us/archives/download/129844)

gaw
December 23rd, 2008, 03:34
talk to you after Xmas.......link is dead.....goes to a site but comes up with file not found message.....this business of facilities conversion is a nut I'd like to crack....love to read your tutorial for light it may shed. Happy New Year to you as well....Thanks....GAW

remcoc
December 24th, 2008, 03:47
Thanks Pat,

I got it.

GAW: try to download it again! It worked with me!

Remco