PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam War Project!!!

rdaniell
February 17th, 2012, 17:12
To everyone who had a role in the development and release of this project I would like to say: THANK YOU!:applause:

I have just installed it about an hour ago and have been having a trip down memory lane. You guys had to have put many many hours of your time in this project. Again, from an old C-130 loadmaster who flew all over Vietnam, your efforts are truly appreciated. :medals:

warchild
February 17th, 2012, 18:38
Where'd you fly out of rdaniel?? I was up at Nha trang, a few others here were at Hue, Dalat, Ton Son Nhut, all over. :;chuckles:: we should form a band of brothers here...
Pam

rdaniell
February 18th, 2012, 07:28
Where'd you fly out of rdaniel?? I was up at Nha trang, a few others here were at Hue, Dalat, Ton Son Nhut, all over. :;chuckles:: we should form a band of brothers here...Pam

Sounds like a plan to me. The easiest way to answer your question is: If a C-130 could land and take off from the place, I most likely have been there at some time between mid 1965 and early 1967. I remember Nha Trang and the other places you listed. Sometimes I wish I had been more of a packrat like my buddy Ralph. He kept all his flight orders. I didn't. Have a few photos from there but, that's about it.

Awhile back a bunch of us ole "Blindbats" started a discussion group. Even had a couple reunions. BTW, "Blindbat" was the name given to the flare missions over the "trail." I got in on that one pretty much from its inception in 1965. I'm sending you a p.m. with my e-mail address as I would welcome the opportunity to virtually "scratch and spit" awhile with you.

Peace+

Romeo-Delta (aka Blindbat 07)